Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 minute ago, MurtlandPhoto said:

According to Grant during the livestream, the camera is actually done development wise. They just have to scope the manufacturing process. I still wouldn't hold my breath for a pre-September release, but I think BM has learned from their past not to be overly optimistic on delivery dates.

Grant even said he was announcing it too early. September 2018 is impossible. Prove me wrong Blackmagic, prove me wrong. :D

Just now, andrgl said:

Grant even said he was announcing it too early. September 2018 is impossible. Prove me wrong Blackmagic, prove me wrong. :D

Right before that he literally says, "The product is finished." And then he proceeds to say that they just have to nail down the manufacturing process....

A lot of people are making the joke that they'll probably take another year to start shipping, but BM is a way different company than it was back in 2013. They'll deliver in September. That's my bet.

2 minutes ago, jonpais said:

I’m guessing December 16th. The idea of using this camera for vlogging seems absurd to me, but that’s just me.

Absurd to you and me, but I think the price puts this camera right in the crosshairs of some vloggers. Hell, people are vlogging with RED Weapons. The more Pockets BM sells, the more likely they'll make another. Keep the vloggers comin'!

2 minutes ago, MurtlandPhoto said:

Absurd to you and me, but I think the price puts this camera right in the crosshairs of some vloggers. Hell, people are vlogging with RED Weapons. The more Pockets BM sells, the more likely they'll make another. Keep the vloggers comin'!

Yeah I forgot about the Red camera users. Crazy people V Loging with one LoL.

44 minutes ago, mkabi said:

It makes all hybrid/DSLR cameras prehistoric (dinosaurs). But I think its most relate-able to GH5 because of the m43 sensor and price is always a factor.... 

I would not say that until it has a Canon or at least a Sony phaze detect autofocus and I would add a lighter long gop codec. Not everyone will want 100's gig of data and continually manual focusing. But for filmmakers and docu it will trash anything around its price range. 

22 minutes ago, jonpais said:

I’m guessing December 16th. The idea of using this camera for vlogging seems absurd to me, but that’s just me.

20 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Can't be any more stupid than people using a Canon 6D mk II to V Log LoL. I don't think this camera is really any bigger than a GH5 is it?

I guess both of those truths actually are a good sign for all of us in this forum, isn't it? ;-)

@jonpais, no idea why you don't concur really... Downvotes are not the best out of me : D I think to each its own. If we're speaking about the same on topic, that's a unique product out there. With no mention in that such price range, go figure : ) This is mainly a forum for filmmakers. Vlogging can end in an interesting and effective way to democratically express ideas and even pictures but has its place. Not really need to overuse more than strictly fits the task IMNSHO and Don accurately inferred. Out of likes today :-)

10 minutes ago, Dustin said:

I’ll admit this is one ugly camera but wow the specs! Very cool BM but let’s see some footage!

Not that this will win some beauty awards, but it is nowhere as ugly as the initial renders. If you watch the pics on the Blackmagic site, it actually looks pretty nice.

Must be the make-up and lighting. :grin: