Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators
Just now, mkabi said:

It makes all hybrid/DSLR cameras prehistoric (dinosaurs). But I think its most relate-able to GH5 because of the m43 sensor and price is always a factor.... 

ProRes and RAW certainly have their uses.

But so does...

• An EVF
  • IBIS
  • High resolution stills
  • Full frame sensors and Super 35mm format
  • Long battery life

And this has none of that... but yes, good job Blackmagic. I will certainly be getting one.

It will be a cinematic beast and fun.

5 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Mate, no idea what you're talking about now.

I think that you know very well what I'm talking about... But to say clearly: about your (for me personally annoying) pretension to show yourself as quasi calm-maker, but with continuous using of BTW-poignancy about men or comments that you dislike.

49 minutes ago, anonim said:

I think that you know very well what I'm talking about... But to say clearly: about your (for me personally annoying) pretension to show yourself as quasi calm-maker, but with continuous using of BTW-poignancy about men or comments that you dislike.

No, you're wrong : ) No idea how long you are here, but I surely know how long I am reader over these boards and certainly about my likings...

(wth we don't need to love each other : D but speak of your own instead :X let's just not personalize posters now; not even fair when this forum is made of good people for a good most part, I firmly believe)

You can't know of everything, isn't anonymous fellow user? ; ))

Comments? Maybe only a few, fortunately. Especially those specifically addressed to people but on that one I guess you already know what I'm talking about, correct? ;-) Men? Not even with an "A", you included, really. Pity I can't say the same when you misquote the other side on purpose or send personal attacks as you wish.

Better focus on topics, dude! I've just posted over one of your other entries on topic. Better going in the right direction.

12 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

@mercer I guess the idea is Resolve instead... With a free copy all-included with the camera pack all of us (or almost that) will buy in 2018 we all hope, here's a new standard, speaking of standards :-D

You are right. Blackmagic is not only trying to kill others' cameras, they are trying to kill the other NLE's. Blackmagic Wants to Be the Standard.

And they damned well might just be with all this new stuff for hardly any money.

Right now I can't think of a camera I would want more than this new 4k one then a True Cine camera for at least 6000 bucks minimum. That is pretty crazy when you think about it.

1 minute ago, Andrew Reid said:

And this has none of that... but yes, good job Blackmagic. I will certainly be getting one.

Come back to Earth Andrew :), eoshd forum will be dead since September, everybody will be just filming..

Better prepare and move the site to BMusers.com when there is still time.

15 minutes ago, slonick81 said:

I guess there is some lossless compression for "uncompressed" raw. Because 3:1 and 4:1 data rates more or less correspond to ~400MB-s of 4K30p

4K30p at 10 bits is 300MB/s without compression. Their cinemaDNG RAW is 270 MB/s, implying that there is some compression going on. Unless they are doing it at 8 bits of course, in which case they would need 240 MB/s

44 minutes ago, andrgl said:

Yup, as exciting as this camera is, the form factor is no good for gimbals.

Too wide, single mounting points, no shutter release, possibly heavier than the original pocket.

Hopefully an updated micro is around the corner.

Also not to be a downer, but Grant even said the announcement was happening too early for his liking. September 2018 release is a pipedream, zero point in preordering.

We should perhaps lobby them to put a hole for a locking pin, its too annoying whenworking with Dslr and it is always twisting, and they do listen to customers.

Just now, Andrew Reid said:

120 pre-orders at CVP in the few hours since release.

Wonder how far forward in the queue we'll have to be to get one.

76 a few posts and minutes back... This clearly shows the hit this device and Resolve will be in hands of many. Truly revolutionary...

1 minute ago, Andrew Reid said:

If Panasonic did a RAW and ProRes firmware update for the GH5S.... Wouldn't that be game over Blackmagic? :)

As old as I am the 5" screen alone is worth the price of admission. And the BM operating system is just way better than Panasonic. Now if you want Anamorphic well I guess you stay with Panny.