Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 minutes ago, anonim said:

It would be so nice... But, from my experience with usage of BM cameras, I always at the end had to add at least little bit of sharpness in software... So, for me it seems also logical question - weather is possible to make even better sharpening algorithm in cameras that use them (obviously because of consumer part of aimed market)?

I'd much prefer to add sharpening as needed in Resolve. I always keep Sharpening OFF on the Ursa to keep odd noise patterns from creeping up.

1 minute ago, AaronChicago said:

I'd much prefer to add sharpening as needed in Resolve. I always keep Sharpening OFF on the Ursa to keep odd noise patterns from creeping up.

So do I... and I think that's the reason why I'm so fond to this thread... (BM is only company about which I recognized in myself an stupid sentiment - that I owe something to it :)

33 minutes ago, MurtlandPhoto said:

From LM Mullen in GH5/s Facebook group. I spy a little shutter release button for stills and two record buttons. What is that flash-looking thing on the right??

Correction: photo originally from Videotex Systems on Twitter.

IMG_2503.JPG

I was only mildly curious at first but that rec button placement seals the deal. I love it. Looks like they might finally truly nail the ergonomics.

I guess we'v been spoilt by all the Flagship Smartphone launches. Especially those by Samsung. This one has tiny TVs (like 32 inches or something). I wish they had rented a 200inch 4k projector or something for the launch. With some very Filmic Lighting. I am sure that would have added to the sex appeal of the Pocket 4k. Probably added atleast a 1000 more buyers, who were besotted by the show (football recording housewives who suddenly felt that this may be the camera for them). 

15 hours ago, anonim said:

So do I... and I think that's the reason why I'm so fond to this thread... (BM is only company about which I recognized in myself an stupid sentiment - that I owe something to it :)

Me three! Obviously. Once you see the plastic gauss of the GH5 series (and others) you cant unsee it. Sharpening is meant for post... after color and contrast adjustments if possible... and DEFINITLEY after VFX. The halo-ing and "crunch" you get with the GH5/GH5s around detail (like hair) makes a decent green-screen key nearly impossible... even with it's great internal codec.  

2 minutes ago, mkabi said:

Lets hope that that is the case. But I'm afraid that he misread it and it was just M4/3 mount.

3 minutes ago, mechanicalEYE said:

VideoTex has said it's m43

Yeah I saw that, but with the photo function, it kinda makes sense to go with a bigger sensor. I guess a Turbo II will be a great Speedbooster choice for the Pocket II if it’s Micro 4/3. Now just be under $1500...