Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

9 minutes ago, MurtlandPhoto said:

The price will intimidate many GH users. A large chunk of them like to think that their camera is the very best: anything more expensive is stupid overkill and anything equal or less is garbage. This price bracket seems to be where the most fragile egos exist. 

Can i give 2 hearts to this comment please? lol

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
9 minutes ago, mercer said:

Plus the IQ of the GH5s vs the BMPCCii should be in two entirely different leagues. Not that the GH5s is bad, but it’s definitely for a different user.

Imo very subjective and little bit poetically bombastic exaggerating...

3 minutes ago, MurtlandPhoto said:

From LM Mullen in GH5/s Facebook group. I spy a little shutter release button for stills and two record buttons. What is that flash-looking thing on the right??

Correction: photo originally from Videotex Systems on Twitter.

IMG_2503.JPG

For someone who actually used the BMPCC for photography, THAT LITTLE PHOTO BUTTON THERE< OMG! 

2 minutes ago, anonim said:

Imo very subjective and little bit poetically bombastic exaggerating...

Fair enough, but I would question the subjectivity of the statement? ProRes HQ with no noise reduction or sharpness will beat the best codec on the GH5/s every day of the week. When you add Raw to the mix, the objectivity becomes clear.

With that being said, the GH5/s is are amazing tools but different beasts.

1 minute ago, mercer said:

Fair enough, but I would question the subjectivity of the statement? ProRes HQ with no noise reduction or sharpness will beat the best codec on the GH5/s every day of the week. When you add Raw to the mix, the objectivity becomes clear.

I've been begging Panasonic to add a firmware addition to turn off internal sharpening. Seems like it would be so easy.

3 minutes ago, Turboguard said:

For someone who actually used the BMPCC for photography, THAT LITTLE PHOTO BUTTON THERE< OMG! 

43rumors.com posted something about it shooting photos too. That would be interesting, gate-crashing the hybrid party by way of a RAW abd ProRes shooting beast (in a DSLR/ Mirrorless Form-factor). 

5 minutes ago, Turboguard said:

From that photo, I think the Pocketii looks pretty small... the lens still looks fairly large on the camera.

And what’s with the 2 record buttons?

2 minutes ago, mercer said:

From that photo, I think the Pocketii looks pretty small... the lens still looks fairly large on the camera.

And what’s with the 2 record buttons?

The pop out section around the lens mount, the space between the mount to grip, and the space on the opposite side all look larger than the GH5 to me. But, yeah the lens does look a little larger by comparison. Hmm....

2 minutes ago, JordanWright said:

The ability to take pictures also is killer for location scouting etc 

Veryyyyy true! Hadn't thought of it.

2 minutes ago, AaronChicago said:

I've been begging Panasonic to add a firmware addition to turn off internal sharpening. Seems like it would be so easy.

It seems easy to me as well but maybe not to the marketing team of the consumer camera division... as much as I love an organic, soft image, a lot of users don’t. Sadly. 

3 minutes ago, mercer said:

I'd say - first paragraph is theory, second one is usage of metaphorical poetry :) Reality, imo, is that final result in capable/accurate hands is indistinctly similar in blind test.

8 minutes ago, MurtlandPhoto said:

The pop out section around the lens mount, the space between the mount to grip, and the space on the opposite side all look larger than the GH5 to me. But, yeah the lens does look a little larger by comparison. Hmm....

Veryyyyy true! Hadn't thought of it.

I think the Pocket is thicker than the GH5, as a whole, so it gives the appearance that it’s larger?

I also think the line near the air vents looks deeper than cosmetic. And even though I don’t think it’s an interchangeable sensor, I do wonder if there is something going on there?

8 minutes ago, AaronChicago said:

It would be so nice... But, from my experience with usage of BM cameras, I always at the end had to add at least little bit of sharpness in software... So, for me it seems also logical question - weather is possible to make even better sharpening algorithm in cameras that use them (obviously because of consumer part of aimed market)?