Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K

Yurolov

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Since my rant in the Blackmagic Facebook group about using the Sony IMX294 sensor used in the GH5s and a strong Lowpass filter may be a good thing in terms of Dynamic Range, Lowlight, battery etc. and still benefitting BM color science, broke out into a war I'm trying here again. What would you guys think?

- Virtually no FPN
- better battery life
- Almost 14 stops of DR
- great low light, ISO6400 should be fine without internal Temporal NR
- low rolling shutter
- none of the issues the GH5s is plagued with (strong overprocessing precisely and harsh red channel clipping)

2 minutes ago, deezid said:

Since my rant in the Blackmagic Facebook group about using the Sony IMX294 sensor used in the GH5s and a strong Lowpass filter may be a good thing in terms of Dynamic Range, Lowlight, battery etc. and still benefitting BM color science, broke out into a war I'm trying here again. What would you guys think?

- Virtually no FPN
- better battery life
- Almost 14 stops of DR
- low rolling shutter
- none of the issues the GH5s is plagued with (strong overprocessing precisely and harsh red channel clipping)

It would be happy with that 

6 minutes ago, deezid said:

Since my rant in the Blackmagic Facebook group about using the Sony IMX294 sensor used in the GH5s and a strong Lowpass filter may be a good thing in terms of Dynamic Range, Lowlight, battery etc. and still benefitting BM color science, 

If the last picture is not a fake, then it clearly shows an 1"/s16 sensor inside an MFT mount. The sensor on that picture is too small to be a 4/3rds sensor like the Sony IMX294.

27 minutes ago, Matthias Scheja said:

30222235_10214590796377326_7636990136244240384_n.jpg

Wow. If that is what is had turned into, it's like shrek, where the princess turns into fiona.

Also, the sensor is as tiny as ever, and the body looks like a flattened APS-C sizes camera squeezed under a hydraulic press. Now it's pocketable in purses, perhaps. Or huge jacket pockets. 

11 minutes ago, deezid said:

- Virtually no FPN
- better battery life
- Almost 14 stops of DR
- low rolling shutter

But why is it necessary to shit all over Panasonic in a thread about the Pocket? Maybe it’s your approach?

6 minutes ago, jonpais said:

But why is it necessary to shit all over Panasonic in a thread about the Pocket? Maybe it’s your approach?

Everyday struggle with the GH5, not fixed in the GH5s either, actually worse.

Nothing wrong with Panasonic EVA-1 tough beside the 8 bit limitation in 4k60p

19 minutes ago, cantsin said:

If the last picture is not a fake, then it clearly shows an 1"/s16 sensor inside an MFT mount. The sensor on that picture is too small to be a 4/3rds sensor like the Sony IMX294.

Maybe it is a 1" sensor with a EF mount? Your guessing just like me LoL.

That picture just about has to be real. Who would think up a crazy looking camera like that to be a fake???

23 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

Looks like a Leica R9

Lets hope it isn't priced like one.

Leica_R9_35mm_SLR_Manual_800888491.thumb.jpg.9addf9023f91713728a58eda9cad8c27.jpg

Ohhh eye candy. I would have killed for that camera back in the day. And yeah, as expensive as it was we Would have had to kill somebody to buy it!

If it does 4k 60p, is priced at $1499 or less, has many favlours of prores and has decent battery (1.5 hours), and decent preamps, it may actually eat into some of the market of other low budget film cameras (GH5?). 

What it will lack is IBIS, photo shooting (Hybrid camera talents(, super long battery life, dual card slows, battery grip options, decent low light (they may be able to push ISO to 1600 by improving processing), water resistence, excellebt LCD and EVF etc.

Anything above $1500 may be hard to justify especially with average or bad battery life and bad sound/ preamps.

I wish the next Blackmagic Pocket Camera has some kickass ecosystem (external sound, good 5 inch affordable monitor-cum-recorder, external batteries etc). 

Jon your not the Moderator anymore, and I can see why, so I don't think your reply's that belittle people on here ought to continue. Maybe You need to go to DPR. If you have a problem keep it to yourself. You Used to be able to respond in a civilized manner, hell if I know what has happened, but I am not fond of it.  I consider a lot of people on here as friends. Maybe it's time you took a break, a long one.

8 minutes ago, Rinad Amir said:

Id love to see some mft mouts 

this is such exiting time ? As for 4k its just a bonus am quet happy with 1080p raw to be honest

longer battery life and bigger grip would be bonus?? 

I agree. Also average or usable preamps would be nice ?. My friend used the ProRes LT and I thought it would be pretty lousy till he used it. For the bitrate, it is pretty good.