Has Panasonic Killed Off Cinema Lenses?

jonpais

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
6 minutes ago, jonpais said:

You can see a slight shake, so it pays to use a good tripod or to use a light touch when pressing the LCD screen.

Nice demo.  It is always a good idea to show foreground and background surfaces/objects when doing any kind of focus test.  Your use of the foreground wall superbly shows the rate of the programmed focus pull as well as the precise focus "fall-off."

I tried this for the first time a few weeks ago. It wasn't as clear to use as I expected, and I initially struggled with getting good results. On narrative works, it's a real charm if the actors can hit their marks. But hey, if the actors can hit the damn tape on the floor, then it's time to hire new actors!

@Lux Shots Yep, there are a bunch of parameters to set or to consider setting. I don’t have the camera in front of me at the moment, but in addition to the three transition points, you’ve got some five transition speeds, the choice of starting recording the transitions automatically or manually and a self-timer as well. Although I now realize it’s possible to use the touch screen for AF when setting the points, I strongly advise against it on the GH5. When shooting with the Olympus 45mm f/1.2 PRO for example, the DOF is really thin wide open and it is impossible to know whether AF is focused on a lock of my model’s hair, the bridge of her nose, or on her pupils. I think my images are sharper (ie, correctly focused) more often now that I’ve been focusing manually. If you’re using a small tripod and timing isn’t critical, I’d probably recommend using the self timer to eliminate the possiblity of camera shake. I’m going to give it a shot on my next outing anyhow.