NAB 2018

Emanuel

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
4 hours ago, Geoff CB said:

You don't want a EF mount with a sensor smaller than Super 35, it makes finding good wide lenses difficult. It's why the original blackmagic camera started shipping with the MFT mount after everyone had issues with EF, finding a good wide was a huge issue (and why the Tokina 11-16 sold like wildfire for awhile) If the sensor is Super 35 or Larger EF would make sense, if it's smaller there is no logical reason for it.

Yeas but the BMCC MFT one has a inactive mount. Not my idea of heaven on earth. But yeah more wide angle lenses for it. Bu you  pretty much had to go with manual focus Cine lenses for it to get the best out of one. Nothing wrong with that though. But the BMCC was not really a camera you used off a tripod much anyways, not like you could with the BMPCC. I would imagine BM sold 10 times more BMPCC than BMCC.

And yeah a EF mount with a sensor smaller than Super 35 would be dumb no doubt.

39 minutes ago, DBounce said:

It clearly states for DSLR and mirrorless, so I would not be surprised to see an update for the GH5S and perhaps the GH5 to support this. 

That single move would give these cameras a lead that would put them far ahead of any of the competitors for years.

I would not put it past Sony to have the A7s mk III using it. But yeah I think we may see it in quite a few cameras. Surely Apple had to give Companys a heads up it was coming out with ProRes Raw? Obliviously Atomos knew!

2 hours ago, Trek of Joy said:

Just for @BTM_Pix, there are now pics floating around of a banner showing the new Atomos Ninja V - a 5", 1000nit, recorder/monitor that does 4k60p and Prores raw. I've held off on a external recorder because I want it to be somewhat future proof and do 60p, and the 7" screens are too big for my shooting style, but this might just fit the bill. 

Screen Shot 2018-04-07 at 5.20.53 PM.png

Only HDMI, "for DSLR & Mirrorless Cameras" but ProRes RAW?
Whatever that means. GH5(s)? Sony?

5" HDR 1000 Nits is amazing as well.

And how would - if at all - 4K RAW work from higher resolution sensor?
Maybe the Pixel count on the A7SIII will stay the same and it will still slightly crop. The GH5s would work beautifully as well with its 10MP sensor. The GH5 though. Idk...

Man this might prove to be one hell of a NAB!

Only HDMI, "for DSLR & Mirrorless Cameras

You know I am not thinking SDI outputs are even necessary to have anymore other than the safety aspect of them not pulling out. That is a Big deal don't get me wrong. Surely the new HDMI standards have fast enough data transfer rates now?

21 minutes ago, deezid said:

Only HDMI, "for DSLR & Mirrorless Cameras" but ProRes RAW?
Whatever that means. GH5(s)? Sony?

5" HDR 1000 Nits is amazing as well.

17 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Man this might prove to be one hell of a NAB!

In fact Don : ) And that's the million dollars question this weekend, really Dennis :-)

8 hours ago, Cinegain said:

Btw, is JVC attending? How old is that GY-LS300 in meanwhile? Would be interesting to see an update to that concept as well.

JVC has quite a large stand at NAB 

I too am hopefully JVC will release another MFT cinema camera. 

7 hours ago, mercer said:

If it was such a popular professional mount, then why doesn’t the Ursa Pro have a Micro 4/3 Mount? 

I believe this was a mistake by both BMD and Panasonic not to release a locking MFT mount with their cinema cameras. (Like Sony has done with their E mount, with the FS7mk2 and the new VENICE).

8 hours ago, Cinegain said:

Think that had more to do with the name 'JVC' giving flashbacks to mom & dad DV camcorders. Apparently there were some letdowns like display quality as well. But all who have tried it had seemed positively suprised by what it was able to do... and now many quite significant firmware updates later, it's quite capable. Really like the idea of an APS-C sensor behind a MFT mount leading to new possibilities. Wouldn't mind the new Blackmagic pocket rocket to be capable of such as well.

Yup, the MFT mount was a *strength* of that camera, while its biggest negative was perhaps its name. 

6 hours ago, Cinegain said:

Especially now a lot of folks in that scene have been shooting with cameras like the GH2, G7, GH4 and GH5 and have quite the lens collection. The problem now is... where you go from there?

Exactly why it was a mistake of Panasonic not to have an EVA1 MFT camera. 

As the EVA1 left nowhere to go for Panasonic's **own customers**!! Way to go Panasonic in neglecting your faithful followers. 

Meanwhile with Sony you could buy a lenses for your a5100 and keep on using it all the way up to the VENICE!!

3 hours ago, Trek of Joy said:

Just for @BTM_Pix, there are now pics floating around of a banner showing the new Atomos Ninja V - a 5", 1000nit, recorder/monitor that does 4k60p and Prores raw. I've held off on a external recorder because I want it to be somewhat future proof and do 60p, and the 7" screens are too big for my shooting style, but this might just fit the bill. 

Fantastic news!! This makes a FS700 much more attractive, as I too didn't want to use a 7" monitor with it. 

1 hour ago, webrunner5 said:

Yeas but the BMCC MFT one has a inactive mount. Not my idea of heaven on earth

It was BMD's first ever MFT camera. 

I don't imagine they will do an inactive mount again, not now they have the experience of building active MFT mount cameras. 

3 hours ago, Trek of Joy said:

Where/when can I send my money?

3 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Fantastic news!! This makes a FS700 much more attractive, as I too didn't want to use a 7" monitor with i

I have seen the fs700 quite cheap around Australia lately. Might be time to pick one up and pair with the new ninja. 

Wonder what high frame rates it will support?

14 minutes ago, thefactory said:

I have seen the fs700 quite cheap around Australia lately. Might be time to pick one up and pair with the new ninja. 

Wonder what high frame rates it will support?

Unfortunately FS700 only does 4k through the SDI and this is probably hdmi only. Would be nice though if it had sdi too, a smaller 4k recorder is something I've been waiting for a while.

• Super Members
6 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Yup, the MFT mount was a *strength* of that camera, while its biggest negative was perhaps its name

God no, it could have been called "The Donald Trump Fluffy Kitten And Puppy Decapitator" and the EVF would still have been its bigger negative by a country mile ;)

It might as well be one of these.

Except it would have to be called a "What The Butler Didn't See" machine to comply with trading standards.

12244959_1.jpg