NAB 2018

Emanuel

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, sanveer said:

I always wondered Who Manufactured the sensor used in the BMPCC. It's even Smaller than a 1inch sensor and yet it apparently has 13 stops of dynamic range (which is a hair more than any M43 sensor).

It's the Fairchild CIS1910F.

Fairchild doesn't have a comparable 4K sensor, this is why speculations on the sensor in the new Pocket abound. (I'm remaining skeptical and assume, for the time being, that it will be the same sensor as in the Micro Studio.)

6 hours ago, sanveer said:

I hope it has the 4.6k sensor instead of the 4k sensor. The difference between the two is just too much.

P.S. that sensor size may most likely be different, so this comment may not be valid. 

I can't imagine the BMPC4K being crammed into anything which could be described as "pocket"?! It would surprise me. 

But yes, I also hope not!

2 hours ago, cantsin said:

It's the Fairchild CIS1910F.

Fairchild doesn't have a comparable 4K sensor, this is why speculations on the sensor in the new Pocket abound. (I'm remaining skeptical and assume, for the time being, that it will be the same sensor as in the Micro Studio.)

Oh ok, thanks for the info @cantsin

I guess there are a lot of sensors that do Not make it to public view, because manufacturers either make them on order, or, because they are first sent to former buyers to give them the first right to buy them.

I guess that's why there is such a long guessing game on. 

10 hours ago, sanveer said:

I hope it has the 4.6k sensor instead of the 4k sensor. The difference between the two is just too much.

P.S. that sensor size may most likely be different, so this comment may not be valid. 

They would have put 4.6K in the name if it was.

13 minutes ago, mercer said:

Yeah I would assume that it’s a Micro 4/3 sensor. But I could see them doing an EF Mount instead of m4/3. 

And if they do that I'm completely uninterested.

10 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

No, as it could be the 4.6K sensor at the heart of it, but a cut of it. A 4K sized cut of it. 

That is likely what we will see. 

I can't see them doing an EF mount by any stretch of the imagination. But that's just me. Perhaps someone could enlighten me by pointing to a consumer camera that changed lens mounts with an update. A swappable mount would be great though. But I could see how someone infatuated with Canon would wish for an EF mount.

You don’t need imagination, you just have to look at their product line. The Ursa comes in an EF Mount and ever since they’ve introduced their higher end camera, they’ve been discontinuing their lower end models. For many productions, a similar mount system would be welcomed. 

Plus I believe there will be more room in the camera, with an EF Mount, if this new guy has internal filters... which would be a smart move for the next gen Pocket as well.

11 minutes ago, jonpais said:

I can't see them doing an EF mount by any stretch of the imagination. But that's just me. Perhaps someone could enlighten me by pointing to a consumer camera that changed lens mounts with an update. A swappable mount would be great though. But I could see how someone infatuated with Canon would wish for an EF mount.

Yeah, especially for a 'mirrorless' 'pocket' camera... there's always adapting EF to MFT... so, why waste a perfect oppertunity with a limited use EF-mount used on clunky DSLRs. BMPCC was partly so popular because of the size and MFT and even S16 allowed for small lenses (C-mount as well).

3 minutes ago, Cinegain said:

Btw, is JVC attending? How old is that GY-LS300 in meanwhile? Would be interesting to see an update to that concept as well.

Put a E mount or a EF mount on it, and it might sell more?? I think the m4/3 mount has not swayed many Pros to it.  Looks like it was a mistake. Shame really.