NAB 2018

Emanuel

• Super Members
8 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

Well studio sound or post production is quite different to production sound recording. 

But still  yeah, BMD has a few strands there they could pull together into a sound recorder. They're closer to it than when they pulled a camera out of the hat! That was a surprise. 

The particular personnel I'm in mind of have a background with both (we were former colleagues in another lifetime!) so maybe they might yet do it.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
10 minutes ago, DBounce said:

I do sort of feel like the GH5S is a bit like the more trusted version of the Terra 4K. Same sensor, but with better warranty and service. Also weather sealed and in a smaller package.

And with a more flexible lens mount.

And less expensive.

But minus the RAW.

Its tricky.

You might be surprised how dinky the Terra 4K actually is when you actually have one in your hand though.

• Super Members
6 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

False. 

I don't agree.

Can only think of the E mount adapter where the Terra wins?

I'm not sure thats a bigger win than having the MFT mount on the GH5s?

Kinefinity's boosted EF mount is only 0.72 reduction whereas you can go deeper than that with a Metabones EF to MFT.

9 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

I don't agree.

Can only think of the E mount adapter where the Terra wins?

I'm not sure thats a bigger win than having the MFT mount on the GH5s?

Kinefinity's boosted EF mount is only 0.72 reduction whereas you can go deeper than that with a Metabones EF to MFT.

Potencially it can be as flexible because of the flange focal distance of the Kinemount, but you either need Kinefinity or 3rd parties to build adapters.

• Super Members
2 minutes ago, TomasSunyer said:

Potencially it can be as flexible because of the flange focal distance of the Kinemount, but you either need Kinefinity or 3rd parties to build adapters.

Agreed.

And if it gains traction - which I hope it does because I like it - then we'll hopefully see that happen over time.

1 hour ago, Geoff CB said:

Very glad they are integrating Fusion into the main workflow! Hopefully this brings advancements in Rolling Shutter repair and other effects.

I hope thy use Fusion engine in Resolve, it's so far superior compared and it reads way more formats than Resolve. Although the one or two formats Resolve can read is not hard to beat.
But I would settle for a Resolve that don't crash or lock up for 5 sec, that would be an epic improvement.

*edit* also Nikon better release something useful!