IronFilm

Z Cam E2 Cinematic Camera is US$33,880!

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:V0grlvgxkYQJ:www.z-cam.com/e2/+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-b-1-ab

That has got to be a copy-paste / typo.... !!

Deep Learning Engine built in with SDK

I wonder what that will mean?

But these are the most exciting specs for now (assuming that price is wrong!):

4K @120fps, 10 bit color, H.264 & H.265 (10 bit)

Z Cam E2 triple pic.jpg

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

joined their fb page to get some info

basically BM micro studio camera on steroids

bitrate for 4K = 1.6Gbps for HEVC and 1768Mbps for YUV422 4K at 60fps to CFast.  DR is 13.5 stop according to them.

And the company is looking for robotic arm integration like bolt, that got my real interest, with deep learning and ai stuff that should make tracking shot a lot more interesting.

https://www.43rumors.com/this-is-the-new-z-cam-e2-micro-four-thirds-camera-that-records-4k-at-120fps/

I'm definitely interested!

10 minutes ago, ntblowz said:

1768Mbps for YUV422 4K at 60fps to CFast

Wow, that's like 10 minutes of footage on a 128GB card! 43rumors listed some specs and it said 100Mbps for 4k30 so hopefully there'll be a lot of options.

Yeah, the Chinese have a habit of listing stuff at insane & unbelievable prices when they initially list products in their store. This should prevent people from putting it in their cart and buying it when some glitch already shows the listing online before it's supposed to (and sometimes handlers know the details of the product, but the pricing hasn't been communicated by the manufacturer yet). Could also just be a sloppy copy & paste from the V1 Pro listing where they just copied the format of the page and changed stuff to 'E2' specs. The link ntblowz posted mentiones the $1999.

I was already wary of them releasing a small cute camera that would take on the high-end cinema world (e.g. ARRI Alexa Mini), being Chinese and all, they'd be more like a DJI and Kinefinity, being more about the value and accessability in the lower-end of that spectrum (also while the established brands will remain the go-to ones for any serious productions, they'd need considerable time to establish themselves amongst those and take some of the pie). It would be like the Essential phone hoping to be 'the iPhone killer' or NX1 dethroning Canon, Nikon & Sony. Very poor cards to play out well in that regard, albeit the essence of their product is rather solid.

But it seems this might be taking a page from the CRAFT Digital Cinema camera playbook... remember that one? Here's a .pdf and a few excerpts...

mXqOFTl.png

IalXhiW.png

T0lwG8l.png

Which ironically, I find a more realistic approach than $33,880, eventhough it turned out to be vaporware. So yeah. $1999 seems more like it. And I've gotta say, at that pricepoint what it does is compelling beyond belief, really disruptive stuff if that's the case. Of course, if it all pans out to be true anyways. I find it unlikely that Blackmagic (that announced their Micro Cinema Camera with optional global shutter and had to pull it) and Panasonic (that keeps pushing what's possibe) wouldn't be able to do that kinda thing, but a compact little box they were teasing here would. And then there's the realworld application. So, from what I see there's no fancy solution to power this puppy (BMD Micro Cinema Camera style), it relies on wired external power, so more studio operator/mobile crane kind of thing. That also only outputs signals, I don't see how it would store 4K 10-bit @ 120fps in that tiny module. So you're really talking about some cable running set-ups, that's where I see that comment about a 'robot arm' coming in. So for what I'm hoping this might be... (operating it in a self-contained Z-Cam E1 or BMD Micro Cinema Camera run-n-gun capable fashion) it's probably not. So, don't mind me and my scepticism, but seeing is believing.

33 minutes ago, Cinegain said:

Yeah, the Chinese have a habit of listing stuff at insane & unbelievable prices when they initially list products in their store. This should prevent people from putting it in their cart and buying it when some glitch already shows the listing online before it's supposed to (and sometimes handlers know the details of the product, but the pricing hasn't been communicated by the manufacturer yet). Could also just be a sloppy copy & paste from the V1 Pro listing where they just copied the format of the page and changed stuff to 'E2' specs. The link ntblowz posted mentiones the $1999.

I was already wary of them releasing a small cute camera that would take on the high-end cinema world (e.g. ARRI Alexa Mini), being Chinese and all, they'd be more like a DJI and Kinefinity, being more about the value and accessability in the lower-end of that spectrum (also while the established brands will remain the go-to ones for any serious productions, they'd need considerable time to establish themselves amongst those and take some of the pie). It would be like the Essential phone hoping to be 'the iPhone killer' or NX1 dethroning Canon, Nikon & Sony. Very poor cards to play out well in that regard, albeit the essence of their product is rather solid.

BSo yeah. $1999 seems more like it. And I've gotta say, at that pricepoint what it does is compelling beyond belief, really disruptive stuff if that's the case. Of course, if it all pans out to be true anyways. I find it unlikely that Blackmagic (that announced their Micro Cinema Camera with optional global shutter and had to pull it) and Panasonic (that keeps pushing what's possibe) wouldn't be able to do that kinda thing, but a compact little box they were teasing here would. And then there's the realworld application. So, from what I see there's no fancy solution to power this puppy (BMD Micro Cinema Camera style), it relies on wired external power, so more studio operator/mobile crane kind of thing. That also only outputs signals, I don't see how it would store 4K 10-bit @ 120fps in that tiny module. So you're really talking about some cable running set-ups, that's where I see that comment about a 'robot arm' coming in. So for what I'm hoping this might be... (operating it in a self-contained Z-Cam E1 or BMD Micro Cinema Camera run-n-gun capable fashion) it's probably not. So, don't mind me and my scepticism, but seeing is believing.

I share your interest in portability and concerns about the usefulness of this, but it does appear to take batteries ("Cheap Sony NP-F batteries"). What it does not have is any screen or viewfinder to view. So for sure one needs to attach by cable and mount somethings to this, reducing its portability.

That's terrible, now everytime I shoot at a bar and I tell the camera to focus on a bottle I will have a sharp tap handle instead?  :) 

5ac787d8260a3_ScreenShot2018-04-06at9_43_49AM.png.da7a04c25e0a87a0c376ea58a6d69dd3.png

Not sure how useful is that it is for most, but still that is interesting direction though. I believe this camera is meant for drones/gimbals. 

Someone made a comment that it's this system: https://pjreddie.com/darknet/yolo/. That's where the AI learning comes in. You expand the dataset and it will have more distinguishable objects. And then you'd have to code what actions the camera should perform/what it should prioritize based on that information.

10 hours ago, Cinegain said:

Someone made a comment that it's this system: https://pjreddie.com/darknet/yolo/. That's where the AI learning comes in. You expand the dataset and it will have more distinguishable objects. And then you'd have to code what actions the camera should perform/what it should prioritize based on that information.

They won't have a Pascal Titan X inside the camera