Motion Cadence

jonpais

On 4/16/2018 at 1:50 AM, sam said:

What surprised me, even though the clips were synced, there appears to be drift by some of the cams. And not the kind where one or more of the pendelum shots either pull ahead or fall behind the others due to a tiny difference in frame rates like 23.98 vs 24. The clips seem to be drifting minutely ahead in one frame and then getting slightly behind in another and so on through out the clip, but they start and finish all together.  

What's easiest to see is the impact of rolling shutter. And we've all seen at least one of the multitude of rolling shutter tests involving cmos sensors.  In the discussions that revolve around these tests, someone usually chimes in with "well the Alexa has a cmos sensor" and then the conversation turns to  "faster read out speed" This, http://tessive.com/mechanical-shutter-comparison/ , which many of us have seen before, at least outlines a difference, stark or otherwise.  Whether this is part of what people notice, or not? 

Let's bump this up to today's date.   Back in the days when the EOS debated in friendly talk.  Shall we play a game?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
28 minutes ago, A_Urquhart said:

DELETED. 

Sorry, this is not how I want to spend my three days off.

I bumped this thread because it has good information that previous posters took the time to debate and comment on. 

If you don't want to post fine. Not sure you need to announce a deleted comment.