24-hour sale - SmallHD Focus $100/$120 discount

salim

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, Kisaha said:

Ok, that is starting to get annoying. Can you please not post these deals here, because us Europeans feel inferior and have sad faces throughout the day?!

That is a crazy good deal. Go for it people!

Haha true. I always have the same when I'm on 43rumors and Olympus drops prizes on GetOlympus.com or something again. It hurts missing out on solid deals. :P I did once pick up a good deal on the 25mm f/1.7 from B&H for 99 bucks tho. Shipping was surprisingly cheap (like 7 or 8 bucks) and even with considering import tax it would've been cheaper than it was just here (but it got re-labeled in Germany, so by the time it got to me, customs must've thought it came from within the EU and didn't charge me anything).

They've also got some sick deals in Sweden every now and again. It's especially interesting to me how they can have prices so much lower than elsewhere, because when you visit you almost have to sell a kidney just to afford some dinner, so prices of electronics to them must feel like spare change. xD

True, I have friends sending me things sometimes, but it is very risky, because you have to send it through plain mail (or else you pay taxes/customs), so things take months to arrive, and some get lost. Recently I lost my Audix SCX1-HC microphone I use(d) for interior recordings, a 600euros mic, that I lent to a friend to do some recordings in Canada, when he was visiting here. I will never get over of that loss!!!

I just have accepted that we pay a premium to be European citizens (which is stupid to thing about it, we do not even have common military defense, or being anything close to a real federation/union) and bought my Focus locally, for almost 700euros (all together, the GH edition = 850USD!!!). Funny thing? My north American (US/Canada) friends make double/triple the money I make, spending peanuts for their equipment (and they are mostly amateurs, and have similar equipment with me! except sound of course, no amateurs spend much on sound). 

To rent/buy a house though, is the most significant aspect of that matter, and that is not cheap in N.America, Sweden it is not that bad, recently a software developer (very close friend) bought a dream house just outside Stockholm, and I know for sure he is nothing like "rich" or anything, he just does his job! Switzerland is quite cheap for such an expensive country to live in!

59 minutes ago, Cinegain said:

Haha true. I always have the same when I'm on 43rumors and Olympus drops prizes on GetOlympus.com or something again. It hurts missing out on solid deals. :P I did once pick up a good deal on the 25mm f/1.7 from B&H for 99 bucks tho. Shipping was surprisingly cheap (like 7 or 8 bucks) and even with considering import tax it would've been cheaper than it was just here (but it got re-labeled in Germany, so by the time it got to me, customs must've thought it came from within the EU and didn't charge me anything).

They've also got some sick deals in Sweden every now and again. It's especially interesting to me how they can have prices so much lower than elsewhere, because when you visit you almost have to sell a kidney just to afford some dinner, so prices of electronics to them must feel like spare change. xD

Great luck with your lens!

This Focus deal is great!

11 hours ago, Kisaha said:

True, I have friends sending me things sometimes, but it is very risky, because you have to send it through plain mail (or else you pay taxes/customs), so things take months to arrive, and some get lost. Recently I lost my Audix SCX1-HC microphone I use(d) for interior recordings, a 600euros mic, that I lent to a friend to do some recordings in Canada, when he was visiting here. I will never get over of that loss!!!

Thankfully my new AKG just arrived today in an ok manner! Might use it on tomorrow's shoot. 

11 hours ago, Kisaha said:

I just have accepted that we pay a premium to be European citizens (which is stupid to thing about it, we do not even have common military defense, or being anything close to a real federation/union) and bought my Focus locally, for almost 700euros (all together, the GH edition = 850USD!!!). Funny thing? My north American (US/Canada) friends make double/triple the money I make, spending peanuts for their equipment (and they are mostly amateurs, and have similar equipment with me! except sound of course, no amateurs spend much on sound). 

Thought about moving to another EU country which has better incomes than the one you're in now? As you should have freedom of movement. 

14 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

Thankfully my new AKG just arrived today in an ok manner! Might use it on tomorrow's shoot. 

Thought about moving to another EU country which has better incomes than the one you're in now? As you should have freedom of movement. 

I have lived in different countries for some years (5-6). 

Last year, we had 33-35.000.000 tourists (the whole country is around 10.000.000),  so there must be something in this land!

Also, we have the lowest suicide rates in Europe (3.2 per 100.000 inhabitants while France is 12.3, Finland has 14.2 and Sweden 12.7, some of the highest numbers in the western world. NZ 12.3, the States 12.6, Japan 15.4),

and one of the lowest murder rates in Europe (0.74, U.S is 5.32/France 1.38/Sweden 1.06/Finland 1.14 e.t.c).

For a devastated financially country, and other very serious issues (too much for here) those numbers are stellar.

Enjoy your AKG! Is an "ok mic"! Joking, it is excellent for the money, and AKG always delivers (having only 0.53 murder rate!). 

Let me know how it goes, I haven't used one for years, but maybe is a good solution for an indoors mic, now that I have this extra need. Or I should stay with the Oktava for a little while!

Please report back from the sound-field!

4 hours ago, Kisaha said:

Enjoy your AKG! Is an "ok mic"! Joking, it is excellent for the money, and AKG always delivers (having only 0.53 murder rate!). 

I've been using their Blueline series for a while and been happy, but this is their higher end CK63 capsule. 

If we're talking about murder rates of a microphone.... might the Aputure Deity be the leader here? That is built tough! 

(was going to post the video of it being run over by a truck.... but can't find it :-/ And am in a rush, got to go!)

22 hours ago, Kisaha said:

For me, the absolute minimum is the Focus right now, anything less is just not a very good buy. For that price (100$ more than cheap ones) is a steal.

I definitely agree in the states. In UK/Europe seems like a much bigger discrepancy in the price. :(