5D MK III 24FPS RAW is here!

userage

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Oh man!!!

Here's an even more recent quote from Alex:

"Heh, people got excited without even knowing the big news: g3gg0 just discovered how to use the DMA cropping routines, which just made possible RAW video recording at 1920x1080 at 24fps on 1000x cards."

:D  :D  :D

I think it could easily rival the C100/300, although ProRes would be better for most people.

Plus I don't know if they can get 1920x1080 RAW, that might simply be too much for the buffer, I don't think everyone wants to shoot 2.35:1. Although the detail resolved is very good, they could do 1663x940 (which the buffer can handle) and simply scale it up to 1080 and I'm sure the detail would still be better than stock.

According to nofilmschool's latest article they can do 1920x1080 @ 24 fps on 1000x cards, as well as 1440x1080 for the 2x anamorphic shooters. Good times for 5dmk3 owners. Magic Lantern surely deserve the "magic" in their name :)

This all came out around right around the not-so-well-recieved release of the 5D3 firmware upgrade, which makes we wonder: did Canon slip some fimrware hints out into the wild? 

But I guess it doesn't matter, it's good news either way. Well done ML and friends. I didn't think it was possible, and it looks like i was totally wrong. 

• Administrators

I've been testing this today.

Magic Lantern are geniuses and the image is STUNNING

According to nofilmschool's latest article they can do 1920x1080 @ 24 fps on 1000x cards, as well as 1440x1080 for the 2x anamorphic shooters. Good times for 5dmk3 owners. Magic Lantern surely deserve the "magic" in their name :)

Just for the record NFS bug the hell out of me. They put absolutely minimal effort into their posts in an effort to get traffic. Everything is cut and paste from an internet browsing session and none of it is actual hands on experience. In other words, always someone else's hard work they are selling ad space around.

Frustrating to be testing and shooting with something, and for the surprise to be spoilt with such a poor attention grabbing article.

Forget 1440x1080 you can do 1920x1280 to the card at 24fps for anamorphic, I'm getting data rates upwards of 90MB/s to the 1000x CF card.

• Administrators

Here's a post that actually has effort put into it, took me all day. http://www.eoshd.com/content/10324/big-news-hands-on-with-continuous-raw-recording-on-canon-5d-mark-iii

Will close this thread now and that one will be the main one for these latest, quite frankly amazing, developments...