Z Cam E2 will have ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FPS in 4K??

IronFilm

12 hours ago, mercer said:

I only use Resolve for basic Raw corrections and sometimes a CST before transcoding to ProRes for FCPX. Is there a zraw plug-in for FCPX?

So far there's no way to transcode ZRaw on Mac. It's also I think 1.2Gbps just for 30p lol so that's about 1.5x the size of ProRes 422 HQ.

Got to shoot a live band setup last night and I am SUPER impressed just with the ProRes 422 and even h.265. Only had like 30 min to play around with the footage but you can push and pull the image like nobody's business. Almost to the point of raw with the ProRes. 

This is all with the E2 non-C version, but of course ProRes is ProRes and I wasn't even shooting HQ.

20 hours ago, Zak Forsman said:

This is a still from the first clip i shot on my F6

Moving images, please. ?

• 2 months later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, IronFilm said:

Samsung T5s are known to have all kinds of problems with the ZCam. Seems the buffer is not big enough and the cable connections can be iffy. Z Cam themselves say to avoid it and get a Sandisk or Angelbird

On 1/13/2020 at 8:10 AM, IronFilm said:

I really appreciate the creativity we're seeing. First the battery side handle, now this. The only thing I don't appreciate? The prices! 

18 minutes ago, newfoundmass said:

I really appreciate the creativity we're seeing. First the battery side handle, now this. The only thing I don't appreciate? The prices! 

Don't think the Z Cam E2 needs a battery sidehandle, this is a better use for a sidehandle to store the drive inside it. (and the price being sub one hundred seems very reasonable for film equipment)

As you can whack a big beefy NP-F970 on the back of a Z Cam E2 already, and you can get them with D-Tap built in! Thus that one battery can also run your monitor as well. (and that monitor can be a touch screen to control the camera!! Just like say RED Monitors are)

When I saw this combo setup (single battery powering everything, touch control monitor, drive integrated sidehandle) it made me more tempted to get the Z Cam E2 than anything else I've read about the E2 since it was released, as that is some smart thinking with a very very tidy little package to set it up like that. (just wish there were more E2 cameras out there.... so I'd have a chance at grabbing one secondhand on eBay! They're still far too rare)

12 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Don't think the Z Cam E2 needs a battery sidehandle, this is a better use for a sidehandle to store the drive inside it. (and the price being sub one hundred seems very reasonable for film equipment)

No I know, but I recently saw a handle that has a battery built into it being used for other cameras and I really appreciate the creativity. The grip though is like $300.