Z Cam E2 will have ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FPS in 4K??

IronFilm

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, KnightsFan said:

I'm pretty sure the E2g is already available, you can order on their website, and several people on the fb page already have it.

I was just coming to say the same thing.  The E2G has been shipping for a few months already, but since it is not very high-demand, it's generally a special order-only item.  It's only a 1" sensor, though, and as far as I know, only up to 4kp30.

11 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

Even if they made their own Z-Cam-Mount with adapters to all sorts, to avoid infringing on anybody's patents, it would be a superior option to just EF and PL, and keep the size of the camera down as well.

I did suggest a number of times that they should use Kinefinity's KineMount, which basically anybody could use as it is exactly the same as the PL mount but at a shorter distance out. 

Then both Kinefinity and Z Cam customers would benefit from having shared accessories/adapters.

Rather than inventing yet another new "standard"

image.png.ebbeff352ba83e91a14170b260bc8af8.png

9 hours ago, Caleb Genheimer said:

Mirrorless camera’s should not have mounts from mirrored standards, that’s just wasteful.

This is a motto I wish every manufacturer followed!

Hopefully the next generation of Canon C series will be RF mount. 

And it was a big fvck up by Panasonic to make their EVA1 an EF mount camera. 

And I wish BMD had gone with the interchangeable mount system earlier than the UMP series. 

What do you guys think about this noise pattern? It looks like a moving fpn or something. It looks so weird, it even has an effect on the edges on the guys face(or is this some aftereffect of warp stabilizer or something). Def not usuable footage. 

I applaud Zcam efforts, but this should be sorted right away before anyone should ever buy a zcam..

3 hours ago, zerocool22 said:

What do you guys think about this noise pattern? It looks like a moving fpn or something. It looks so weird, it even has an effect on the edges on the guys face(or is this some aftereffect of warp stabilizer or something). Def not usuable footage. 

I applaud Zcam efforts, but this should be sorted right away before anyone should ever buy a zcam..

Could you point out what you’re seeing? I don’t see it. I’m watching on an iPad mini. Not a big screen but not a small phone either.

Footage looks beautiful to me.

2 minutes ago, Jonesy Jones said:

Could you point out what you’re seeing? I don’t see it. I’m watching on an iPad mini. Not a big screen but not a small phone either.

Footage looks beautiful to me.

Maybe watch it on a bigger screen, Ok im watching it on a big 4k screen, and I made the video player as small as possible and I still see it. Maybe the most obvious is at 0:13 and 0:18 (the blue shirt mans face). There is strange noise going on, on pretty much every shot. Looks like a crosshatch pattern, that moves slightly, but furthermore the image itself moves(I see a wobble in the image) and disturbs the elements(like the man, which at certain points seems to melt with the background) that one is prolly due to warp stabilizer, not sure, would def not used warp stabilizer if this was the result. But the motion looks way off, and I get thrown off what im actually looking at because it looks so weird. 

Well, 3 against 1, I'd tend to wonder what the hell of stuff you're consuming...? LOL ; )

But, the first fact is that you're unable to properly evaluate anything from encoded not native footage, c'mon... : )

There's something wrong with your display source.

There's nothing wrong neither on the face of the man with blue shirt where you said, though.

Without mention my disclaimer that such photography is not of my liking at all BTW : D

E : -)

10 hours ago, zerocool22 said:

I'm with @zerocool22 I see image quality issues in *many* places in that video. I downloaded the highest quality version from vimeo. I am not convinced that the issues that I see are due to compression artifacts from vimeo as the patterns that I am seeing are very odd. I would really like to see the original footage before I decide for certain.

I used to run JVC LS-300 cameras and this reminds me of those cameras. The problems that I notice are most prominent in the dark areas. Here are some examples of the issues that I see. I just took snapshots from VLC while the video was playing, then saved those as 100% jpgs. When you let the video play, these issues are more visible.

There is weird pattern noise here in the intro. Watch the video to see more clearly.

vlcsnap-2019-07-21-14h13m24s739.thumb.jpg.fdcc50d2584da60cf458fa54a09e6b82.jpg

Here, notice noise in his jacket and on the wall

vlcsnap-2019-07-21-14h21m28s625.thumb.jpg.4635b3dfa1f25f9d652147f2a942d361.jpg

Here notice the pattern in the shadows and on the rope:

vlcsnap-2019-07-21-14h24m01s261.thumb.jpg.093b9ddc2b85141ef2b86948575b0404.jpg

Here, watch the guy's face.

vlcsnap-2019-07-21-14h26m28s521.thumb.jpg.acef52270a15815281ef93a2fe08d853.jpg

There is a lot of weird pixelation in places that I haven't noticed before. Perhaps this footage is just jacked up or something.

By Jove, how can you claim that based on a single version encoded on Vimeo? It is beyond me... Let alone previous ones! That's like a whore, you can't guess where she was before : X

I'd only admit this comment: certain outcome or codecs handle much better processing than the further degradation this sample shows.

That one I might accept it.

E : -)

55 minutes ago, zerocool22 said:

Yeah its odd that you guys cannot see it though, i watch a lot of videos on a daily basis but have not encountered this before. 

But agree that we need to have the original footage to be sure.

Yes. To be clear, I am not saying that the E2 is good or bad in general. I have even considered buying the E2 a few times, but I am still reluctant because of my very poor experience with the two E1s that I purchased when they came out. I still have the E1s sitting on a shelf gathering dust somewhere. 

I was simply commenting that I agree with @zerocool22 that I see many weird artifacts in that *particular* video. I haven't paid much attention to the other E2 footage that has been posted, so I won't comment on the quality of the E2 footage in general. My recollection is that the other E2 footage that I had seen looked nice.

After my pointing out the areas of the video to watch, I am certain that other people can see the artifacts that I mentioned, particularly in the opening scene.

Again, I am not hating on the E2. I was simply pointing out the artifacts in that particular video. I have no idea of the cause of those artifacts. I can say, with certainty, that I would not keep a camera that produced footage like that all the time.