Z Cam E2 will have ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FPS in 4K??

IronFilm

14 minutes ago, DBounce said:

So like I said, this camera is a work in progress.

Well apparently the 2 Fuji X-T3's you had are also I guess. Eh didn't Fuji add some things to the X-T2 that it Couldn't do before. How come they weren't in there to start with? Your just acting silly as hell. Every camera I can think of has had firmware upgrades to it. Hell Canon shipped the Canon C200 without even a middle Codec in it. How gay is that!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, webrunner5 said:

Hell Canon shipped the Canon C200 without even a middle Codec in it. How gay is that!

Did Canon promise a middle codec? I certainly didn't expect one when I purchased it. But if they did promise one, and it wasn't there and working when I purchased it... I would have returned it. Adding new features is one thing, but shipping with missing core functionality is another. I think what I am saying is little different from what the last reviewer said. Just look at the WB... or should I say yellow balance. Granted, I have seen that many cameras have a slight variance in WB... but this thing is waaayyyy off. You should pick one up and live with it for awhile. I would be curious to see if your view changes after owning one for a little bit. 

BTW: The Fuji's died. Can't say they were missing any features while they worked though. I'll go one better, up until they died they were lovely to shoot with. 

2 minutes ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

Yeah a few people on Facebook weren't able to look at playback, kind of a big issue. It's definitely more buggy than any camera I have seen, but its a super small company and they have been super open about the whole process which is encouraging. 

Poor mans Red camera for 2000 bucks. I will cut them some slack. How can a little camera company have better 4K and 1080p frame rates than the big boys? Hmm. And I bet down the road they will have BMD BRaw in it also. Maybe before the PK4 even gets it. How crazy would that be.

2 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Poor mans Red camera for 2000 bucks. I will cut them some slack. How can a little camera company have better 4K and 1080p frame rates than the big boys? Hmm. And I bet down the road they will have BMD BRaw in it also. Maybe before the PK4 even gets it. How crazy would that be.

Would be amazing but I heard Black Magic is not going to be letting other companies use their RAW codec. If true certainly a bummer. That said Zcam said on the facebook group RAW recording will be enabled in future firmware updates, so thats cool none the less. 

Hmm I just did 3 different wording of no BRaw and I get no hits. I sort of doubt that is true. But I must admit I was a bit surprised they didn't try to make a little money off of it at the rollout with licensing. They said it took 2 years or more to develop it. That would have to entail a lot of R&D money.

4 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

What have you been smoking today, pal? : ) How might that be possible?

4 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

What have you been smoking today, pal? : ) How might that be possible?

BMD said every bit of it is open to anyone that want's to use it. That is how. They are not pulling a Apple.

11 minutes ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

Would be amazing but I heard Black Magic is not going to be letting other companies use their RAW codec. If true certainly a bummer.

In one of their videos, a Blackmagic representative said they want other camera manufacturers use it in their products, but I'd have to look for that video. I posted it in one of the BM Raw topics here a few months ago.

However I think it extremely unlikely that Z Cam will put it in the E2. I think they'd have mentioned it on their FB group if that was at all an option.

7 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Because they would hardly allow a competitor to include it before P4K will feature it as add-on. It doesn't make sense purely from a strict business perspective.

The PK4 and Ump 4.6K Pro is not the Only cameras BMD makes. Why wouldn't they state it will be in everything they make? So if it isn't in everything a competitor would have a lead. You think all these company's out now are going to play mister nice guy? Somebody is going to go out of business down the road. Everybody can't win in this shrinking environment. So any edge they are going to go for it. Look at Nikon. They just stuck a finger in Canon's eye.

17 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

But these models from those two manufacturers in the same market segment compete between each other...

I think BMD has opened a floodgate of cheap cameras like it that are going to come out. Look at the A6400, Fuji X-T3. The E2 is not the last company that is going to have a cheap camera body out. Even Arri is going to have to respond. They are not going to be able to get 70,000 bucks for one down the road. Look at Red. They are dropping models and prices also.

Either they have been screwing the hell out of us or manufacturing has gotten one hell of a lot cheaper in the last 2 years. China is one of the reasons. Kinefinity is putting lots of pressure on Red, Arri. Kinefinity will hand their ass to them down the road.

The way Smartphones are going with Computational Computing, and AI they might put all the lower end cameras out of business down the road. And I would imagine that is where most of the profit is.

I wonder how much money companies make selling their cheap ass cameras vs higher end stuff. Whenever I am at a touristy place where people carry cameras is like 90% cheap Canon cameras. Those type of cameras go for around $200 at walmart or best buy, old tech in cheap bodies. I imagine the costs of development on all the higher end hybrid cameras is a lot and how many people are actually purchasing them.