Z Cam E2 will have ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FPS in 4K??

IronFilm

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Speaking of devil, WB setup is one of the reasons P4K is pretty awesome. The way you can select and play with it makes everyone a better shooter with no further excuses, rescues your outcome from lazy operators and speaks volumes how the ease of use stands as a valuable add-on when we choose the capture device of (y)our liking, hey @webrunner5 ; ) but first we need to test it before a(ny) online evaluation more prone to become off at distance of a qwerty keyboard : -D

1 hour ago, Emanuel said:

Speaking of devil, WB setup is one of the reasons P4K is pretty awesome. The way you can select and play with it makes everyone a better shooter with no further excuses, rescues your outcome from lazy operators and speaks volumes how the ease of use stands as a valuable add-on when we choose the capture device of (y)our liking, hey @webrunner5 ; ) but first we need to test it before a(ny) online evaluation more prone to become off at distance of a qwerty keyboard : -D

I would buy this over a PK4 now that it has ProRes.  4K 120p, yeah baby! Plus you can actually get one, unlike some other brand I know.  Hell I can't even afford the shipping. ?

9 hours ago, andrgl said:

No. The early bird price last summer was $1750**, but since launch it's remained $1999.

**Wasn't much of a deal since shipping was $50 and you had to pay duties.

That's actually not good, I guess. It seems like a good camera, but it cannot be used right out of the box. One needs quite a few accessories to start using this. 

@tweak  Oddly enough the camera was manually set to daylight for every shot in that video.  Almost like the other camera in the video ?

I actually do like the little Z cam but I don’t like that it’s essentially a beta product being sold for full retail price.  Having features that are advertised just straight up not work because the firmware hasn’t gotten around to it yet is unacceptable.

We might have different opinions on that and that’s totally fine.  But I figured I’d at least let you know I was able to figure out the little sunshine icon on the camera.

8 hours ago, sanveer said:

That's actually not good, I guess. It seems like a good camera, but it cannot be used right out of the box. One needs quite a few accessories to start using this. 

No more than you would need for most other cameras. It uses cheap batteries, and you can use an iphone as a wired or wireless monitor. Most other cameras need like a teradek to do that. A side handle is pretty cheap and you can even use it left handed.

Most people considering an e2 would get an external monitor and cage for any camera they got which would puy them at the exact same accessories.

Name a cheaper camera--with or without accessories--with an interchangeable lens and 4k 120 at 10 bit. Name one that also has wireless monitoring for cheaper. You could spend $1k on accessories and still it will be cheapest in its class. The gh5s cost more brand new than this does with a side handle and cheap monitor.

Maybe none of those features speak to your needs. Thats fair if it is not the best value for you. But the price overall seems good for what you get.

23 minutes ago, KnightsFan said:

No more than you would need for most other cameras. It uses cheap batteries, and you can use an iphone as a wired or wireless monitor. Most other cameras need like a teradek to do that. A side handle is pretty cheap and you can even use it left handed.

Most people considering an e2 would get an external monitor and cage for any camera they got which would puy them at the exact same accessories.

Name a cheaper camera--with or without accessories--with an interchangeable lens and 4k 120 at 10 bit. Name one that also has wireless monitoring for cheaper. You could spend $1k on accessories and still it will be cheapest in its class. The gh5s cost more brand new than this does with a side handle and cheap monitor.

Maybe none of those features speak to your needs. Thats fair if it is not the best value for you. But the price overall seems good for what you get.

Yes, but the GH5S is a reliable platform, with a 3 year warranty from a company that has a well established reputation. The Z-Cam is a quirky camera for tinkerers and beta testers. I think most here would have little worries about depending on a GH camera for an important project. Inversely, I would wager few here would prefer to have the Z-Cam be their only camera for any important work. Even the reviewer said he would not buy one. 

Oh, and what was with the WB? Everything was yellow. Surly he understood WB, he's reviewed enough cameras. So I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, that he understands how to WB a camera. So what gives?

1 minute ago, DBounce said:

Yes, but the GH5S is a reliable platform, with a 3 year warranty from a company that has a well established reputation. The Z-Cam is a quirky camera for tinkerers and beta testers. I think most here would have little worries about depending on a GH camera for an important project. Inversely, I would wager few here would prefer to have the Z-Cam be their only camera for any important work.

Thats true. Still seems a reasonable price. How much do you have to pay for a reliable platform that shoots 4k 120 at 10 bit? How much for a camera that supports all that in a synced arrays of cameras?

Im not sure its just for tinkerers and beta testers. LG used e2's for their massive OLED Falls display, for example.

Again, maybe those arent the features you need. But it does not seem overpriced at all to me.

13 minutes ago, KnightsFan said:

Thats true. Still seems a reasonable price. How much do you have to pay for a reliable platform that shoots 4k 120 at 10 bit? How much for a camera that supports all that in a synced arrays of cameras?

Im not sure its just for tinkerers and beta testers. LG used e2's for their massive OLED Falls display, for example.

Again, maybe those arent the features you need. But it does not seem overpriced at all to me.

I'll say it's worth no more than the Fuji X-T3. The X-T3 has a larger sensor, is a competent stills camera... is weather sealed, in a smaller package... and it works out of the box. Seems the Z-Cam only has one party trick... 120p @ 4k. If all you shoot is video with music than fine... that's your ticket. But if you can get by with 4k 60p or you shoot narrative work, there are better options. if you are not sure it's for tinkerers and beta testers, watch his review again... or go to the Z-Cam Facebook group. From reading the postings on there, I am certain my prior statement stands up.

I'm not saying it cannot, or will not be good. But it seems like a product that is still in development. 

7 minutes ago, DBounce said:

I'll say it's worth no more than the Fuji X-T3. The X-T3 has a larger sensor, is a competent stills camera... is weather sealed, in a smaller package... and it works out of the box. Seems the Z-Cam only has one party trick... 120p @ 4k. If all you shoot is video with music than fine... that's your ticket. But if you can get by with 4k 60p or you shoot narrative work, there are better options. if you are not sure it's for tinkerers and beta testers, watch his review again... or go to the Z-Cam Facebook group. From reading the postings on there, I am certain my prior statement stands up.

I'm not saying it cannot, or will not be good. But it seems like a product that is still in development. 

E2's other party tricks: internal ProRes, anamorphic mode, Zlog2 with 14bit readout for even lower noise floor.

7 minutes ago, DBounce said:

I'd say the Z-cam could be a better tool for pro work due to the body. Thats ignoring that its a small relatively unknown company. 

Once they get their latest firmware out it should be a lot better. I wouldn't buy it at the moment. They are doing a lot of work on their auto focus system developing AI, so that could be interesting. I'd be more interested in waiting until their next camera release which will probably be S35 from what I have heard. 

43 minutes ago, DBounce said:

Thats a fair assessment for whether it is worth the money to you. In fact, i passed on the e2 because i will be using an xt3 on my next project. But thats a similar argument to saying the a7r3 isnt worth more than the a73 because you only need 42 megapixels for specialty purposes.

And as @androidlad points out, there are other benefits. If you want prores on an xt3 you are looking at another $500 for an external recorder anyway. I completely see your point though, and agree that if you dont need the extra features, or if you want those beautiful 26mp photos, the xt3 is a better camera for you.

The truth is, everything is now a product in development. Most major software companies ate switching to rolling updates and away from major versioning. Tesla rolls out software updates for their cars. Ten years ago it would be unthinkable to have to update your car! Its just how the world works now. The good news is Z cam listens to their buyers and is willing to shape their product to fit evolving needs.

2 hours ago, KnightsFan said:

Thats a fair assessment for whether it is worth the money to you. In fact, i passed on the e2 because i will be using an xt3 on my next project. But thats a similar argument to saying the a7r3 isnt worth more than the a73 because you only need 42 megapixels for specialty purposes.

And as @androidlad points out, there are other benefits. If you want prores on an xt3 you are looking at another $500 for an external recorder anyway. I completely see your point though, and agree that if you dont need the extra features, or if you want those beautiful 26mp photos, the xt3 is a better camera for you.

The truth is, everything is now a product in development. Most major software companies ate switching to rolling updates and away from major versioning. Tesla rolls out software updates for their cars. Ten years ago it would be unthinkable to have to update your car! Its just how the world works now. The good news is Z cam listens to their buyers and is willing to shape their product to fit evolving needs.

Except that as @TEDD pointed out after having played with the E2, it has features currently advertised as working that don't actually work. Those are what we call defects. Look, it's only a couple of Gs if you like to be on the bleeding edge it's an option. For me it's more about the enjoyment of getting the shot. I don't like when frustrations with hardware gets in the way of that enjoyment. 

@androidlad benefits are only benefits when the camera performs reliably. From all accounts on both the Facebook group and the last review from a well know reviewer, this camera is somewhat less than reliable.

It's one to watch though. They are surely learning a lot from this release. Their next camera might be amazing.

The CAF does in fact work now which is awesome.  And now I can see the camera in the app before it refuses connection.  I actually don't mind the camera I just wish it was shipped for full retail price with a 1.0 version of the firmware and not treating potential buyers as product testers without any warning.  Maybe that's ok for kickstarter gear where you expect some bugs and maybe a missing feature or two, but not something sold through a reputable retailer.