Z Cam E2 will have ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FPS in 4K??

IronFilm

• Super Members
11 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

There is even a good You Tube video that shows how to change the battery on them. Like a 10 minute job! If i had the money I would buy one of the in a heartbeat.

I'm on to what you are up to here, Don.

You want one of us to buy one of the $699 Adorama ones and attempt that bomb disposal level "10 minute job" knowing that we will royally fuck it up and you can then generously offer to buy it off us as parts for $50 don't you ?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Yeah I think you have to get them for the original vendor. So that means a phone call and a wait time. But that is a pretty amazing deal I think. And I am not sure you can't just run it off of external batteries anyways?? Not ideal but you are talking a hell of a camera for cheap if you can get a battery.. I am sure @BTM_Pix can come up with a solution if you can't for a price LoL.

• Super Members

As long as you match the spec you should be able to use any similar LiPo battery (the video kindly shows the dimensions) but the original branded ones are available on ebay and from distributors.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MINMAX-lp904086-7-4v-3800-mAh-Rechargeable-Lithium-Polymer-Battery/263861219768

http://www.dau-components.co.uk/catalogue/parser/parsed_page.php?page_id=16281&csid=28

1 hour ago, BTM_Pix said:

Yes with the addition of more frame rates and certainly a more favourable form factor for run and gun.

But then against that we have this here....

The BMPC really is heading into no brainer prices used if you are prepared to accept it's slightly limited operational envelope and form factor/ergonomics.

The upside over the Ursa Mini is being able to use SSDs over C-Fast so there is an additional saving there, though even with the internal battery it still does need a powering solution, although there's no need to break the bank for those.

Not difficult to find pretty compelling examples of its output on YouTube either.

Its arguably actually more difficult to find examples from it that aren't compelling considering the prices they are now selling for.

The solution to which one to choose between is of course to wait another 12 months for a bit more devaluation when you will probably be able to pick up both for $2000 ;) 

The BMPC 4K or the Ursa Mini 4K would be a logical 4K option for me since I have a growing collection of EF lenses... unless Magic Lantern unlocks the 5D4. For the money those forgotten BM cameras really cannot be best. I just watched some BMPC4K footage and it really is special looking. Too bad the form factor seems kinda annoying... I wonder how hard it would be to put the sensor and internals into a different body that is hooked up to Sony NP batteries... maybe a Micro/BMPC4K Frankenhybrid? Lol. 

1 minute ago, mercer said:

The BMPC 4K or the Ursa Mini 4K would be a logical 4K option for me since I have a growing collection of EF lenses... unless Magic Lantern unlocks the 5D4. For the money those forgotten BM cameras really cannot be best. I just watched some BMPC4K footage and it really is special looking. Too bad the form factor seems kinda annoying... I wonder how hard it would be to put the sensor and internals into a different body that is hooked up to Sony NP batteries... maybe a Micro/BMPC4K Frankenhybrid? Lol. 

Thats the kind of project i would be all in for. I actually really considered doing that a few years ago.

• Super Members
25 minutes ago, mercer said:

Well its certainly do-able.

This is an interesting project on the BMCC (same horse, different jockey) that shows the possibility.

In this instance he's gone for an Ursa style but if you look at the internals there is no reason why it couldn't be taken in a different direction.

The screen is kind of defining the size (as well as the heat sink) but it would be interesting to know if it could be changed to a smaller one, or even lose it altogether but keep the controls, obviously, and use an EVF instead.

26 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

Well its certainly do-able.

This is an interesting project on the BMCC (same horse, different jockey) that shows the possibility.

In this instance he's gone for an Ursa style but if you look at the internals there is no reason why it couldn't be taken in a different direction.

The screen is kind of defining the size (as well as the heat sink) but it would be interesting to know if it could be changed to a smaller one, or even lose it altogether but keep the controls, obviously, and use an EVF instead.

Cool video and interesting. It seems the screen and the motherboard would affect the size the most? Is it possible to slice the motherboard into two pieces? As far as the heat sink, I wonder if one of those aluminum block cages for the Pocket, plus ventilation holes, could double as a heat sink and camera exterior? Also could one of your Raspberry Pi screens replace the screen? Obviously, just thinking out loud here but it does seems like a cool project. 

• Super Members
20 minutes ago, mercer said:

Is it possible to slice the motherboard into two pieces?

Judging by this image of it from a repair video, I'm going to say that even I wouldn't be mad enough to do try that ;)

1486038954_ScreenShot2019-01-01at21_31_23.png.512540df7573bbb4d88c0f394691f5aa.png

If you were rehousing it though, there is nothing to stop you orientating it so it is the 'floor' if you like which would give you a better starting point for a different shape housing.

So, for example, do it like I've crudely illustrated here like this (with the arrow denoting lens direction).

Rotated.jpg.19cecd2624240f94f0d7e11c3af74c9a.jpg

32 minutes ago, mercer said:

As far as the heat sink, I wonder if one of those aluminum block cages for the Pocket, plus ventilation holes, could double as a heat sink and camera exterior? Also could one of your Raspberry Pi screens replace the screen? Obviously, just thinking out loud here but it does seems like a cool project. 

If we removed the screen then we would also reduce some of the heat issue and I'm sure some additional cooling tech could be adapted/adopted from PC building could be applied.

With regard to the screen, yes, it will likely be a standard MIPI interface so there are are a lot of options from phones and as you say the small screens for the Pi.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

There are definitely prores videos out there. It's officially in the camera now. They said it can't do prores raw output.

I think its still not in the official firmware yet. You have to manually install it still. But yeah its official and all. They are developing their own flavor of raw last I heard.