Z Cam E2 will have ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FPS in 4K??

IronFilm

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
41 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

This is a silly topic you 2 have here.

"Filmic" was always a youtube conversation, and stayed there.

Also, what exactly is "filmic", and "film", there is What happen in Vegas (Ashton Cutcher and Cameron Diaz) on the TV right now. Is it more filmic than Roma, which I am planning to watch in Netflix in a while, or less, and how much?

In my 19 years of career, I never heard anyone in the films, documentaries and eposidic TV I have worked  "let's do this, because it is more filmic".

You use the tools most appropriate for the job. 

@thebrothersthre3 I do not even have a FB account. Try media with real journalists, doing real journalist's job, this is very serious!

@webrunner5 you always say how old are we and how demode, how did you miss the Netflix revolution?! Now at its peak, most believe that Netflix is over (everyone with content, and their mothers are doing or have streaming services).

I think (and hope) it will be like spotify in the future. Everything will be available to everyone, for a price obviously, but that is cheap already.

I think filmic is a more modern term as it specifies to making digital look like film. I've definitely seen added film grain before which only points to an attempt to mimic film. 

But I in general agree. For me something looks filmic when its lit and exposed well. I kind of expected the Force Awakens to have a certain look being shot on film, but it looked like every other movie out there, at least to my untrained eye. 

I look at news sources occasionally. I am not always impressed by the integrity displayed. What I meant is that I'll hear about something on facebook, and then look it up afterwards on some other outlet. 

@Emanuel with all due respect... do you even own the P4K? Do you have any footage to show? Do you have a photo of your rig?

I only ask because you come here and attack @webrunner5 for having a valid opinion about the P4K and state the same reasons you love the P4K that you stated about the GH5, which you never owned and about the X-T3, which you never owned. So if Don can be criticized for not liking a camera he’s never owned, I think you can be criticized for praising cameras you’ve never owned.

But to a greater point... why does one camera need to be better for everybody? We all know my choice of camera and I understand being excited for a camera purchase and if you have the P4K, I wish you luck with it, but there have been cameras before the P4K and there will be cameras after it. 

I am personally more interested in the evolution of this Z-Cam and the X-T3 than I am with the P4K. That doesn’t mean that the P4K is a bad camera... quite the contrary. It is a great camera at a great price but hardly the best camera to ever grace cinema. 

23 minutes ago, AlexTrinder96 said:

Looks like they will also be releasing a 'lite' version of the E2. under $1000...

4k 30p

10 bit (same codecs as e2)

USB C and SD Card...

11.6 stops DR 

M43 SENSOR (GH4 sensor?)

49033050_10218086682865547_4346217203712917504_n.thumb.jpg.ca58c0898683cbe519be5356d1ac413f.jpg

The one is wider, the other is taller. Which one is which? 

They seem to have a lot of capital to spend on their projects. Interesting indeed.

47 minutes ago, AlexTrinder96 said:

Looks like they will also be releasing a 'lite' version of the E2. under $1000...

4k 30p

10 bit (same codecs as e2)

USB C and SD Card...

11.6 stops DR 

M43 SENSOR (GH4 sensor?)

49033050_10218086682865547_4346217203712917504_n.thumb.jpg.ca58c0898683cbe519be5356d1ac413f.jpg

That is interesting. If they do that, I hope they offer some variant of ProRes... even if it’s just LT. 

I was about to post that it would be smart for them to do a fire sale during CES or NAB... one day only 50% off the E2, but this could fit the bill instead... smart move. 

1 minute ago, mercer said:

Any word on a future ProRes update? I’ll buy that camera tomorrow if it will have ProRes or something a little extra. 

Prores is in there already, it's just a matter of them getting the licence to activate it. I think it's coming in the next firmware that's releasing start of the New Year.

They have also said a Raw codec should be a few months away. If they get Raw and Prores I'm certainly going to pick one up when I have the budget, the stuff I'm seeing from this camera now (especially it's wide DR and anamorphic modes) really interests me.

1 minute ago, tweak said:

Prores is in there already, it's just a matter of them getting the licence to activate it. I think it's coming in the next firmware that's releasing start of the New Year.

They have also said a Raw codec should be a few months away. If they get Raw and Prores I'm certainly going to pick one up when I have the budget, the stuff I'm seeing from this camera now (especially it's wide DR and anamorphic modes) really interests me.

I was referring to ProRes, even just LT, in the new $799 one.

I’m also pretty interested in this camera. I really like what I’ve been seeing. I don’t know if I want to 2 grand for the E2 model though. 

1 minute ago, mercer said:

I was referring to ProRes, even just LT, in the new $799 one.

I’m also pretty interested in this camera. I really like what I’ve been seeing. I don’t know if I want to 2 grand for the E2 model though. 

They said it should have the same codecs, so I assumed that meant if E2 has Prores so will this.

Yeah, I feel you on that front, but the features I'd be most excited about are in the E2 haha. I don't need anything straight away, so I'm going to do a little waiting.

2 hours ago, mercer said:

@Emanuel with all due respect... do you even own the P4K? Do you have any footage to show? Do you have a photo of your rig?

I only ask because you come here and attack @webrunner5 for having a valid opinion about the P4K and state the same reasons you love the P4K that you stated about the GH5, which you never owned and about the X-T3, which you never owned. So if Don can be criticized for not liking a camera he’s never owned, I think you can be criticized for praising cameras you’ve never owned.

But to a greater point... why does one camera need to be better for everybody? We all know my choice of camera and I understand being excited for a camera purchase and if you have the P4K, I wish you luck with it, but there have been cameras before the P4K and there will be cameras after it. 

I am personally more interested in the evolution of this Z-Cam and the X-T3 than I am with the P4K. That doesn’t mean that the P4K is a bad camera... quite the contrary. It is a great camera at a great price but hardly the best camera to ever grace cinema. 

Stop Glenn, don't come here to try to put some conflict between me and Don. We have a friendly communication, sorry to bother you if it is the case. His point is not valid because he speaks about something he doesn't know. I guess it is not his intention, but he can mislead who reads his comments on his unfounded perspective about something he never tested.

BTW, what about you? DId you ever put your hands in one? Or will you also come here to shoddily preach that's very hard to shoot with this acquisition device?! ; )

My point is from someone who owns the camera, yes. What do you think? I owe you something to post anything to prove to anyone here or anywhere else? I pay my bills, dude. And to follow up this input now from yours, sit down while you wait : D You get what your deeds ask, my fellow of boards. It is rather pathetic this post of yours and such invective against my standpoint. Any beef against my persona, dandy? Perhaps because of posts like yours or not, you don't read Jon's posts anymore these days over us. Something I can tell you though. I am not here to write to someone what I am not able to tell him quite directly face to face in the real world. I am all yours. You can start to write me to my inbox. You're welcome to meet me wherever you want. I can even bring my stuff with me just for the case you want to inspect the foundations of my argument. In real life, man, not invariably behind a keyboard like I see some silly comments from people who simply have no clue what they're telling about. All my point, cowboy : ) Yours? 

On topic, you'll never see me to bash whatever cam out there my options. You'll never see me to defend there's no use for other cameras as your post infers and misleads any casual reader and the whole thing. I would dare to write I cannot say the same about your usual condescending tone anyway, when someone has a strong point beyond the lines posted here.

Sorry me if this my post looks like too harsh -- written speech is what it is (ain't you used to claim over these pages you're a writer?!) : P but you really pissed me off now with this entry of yours. I basically dislike ANY distortion of facts. You have nothing to add from your experience for the subject matter, i.e., your yadda yadda is just BS in disguise.

Yours sincerely,

Emanuel

18 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Stop Glenn, don't come here to try to put some conflict between me and Don. We have a friendly communication, sorry to bother you if it is the case. His point is not valid because he speaks about something he doesn't know. I guess it is not his intention, but he can mislead who reads his comments on his unfounded perspective about something he never tested.

BTW, what about you? DId you ever put your hands in one? Or will you also come here to preach that's very hard to shoot with this device?! ; )

My point is from someone who owns the camera, yes. What do you think? I owe you something to post anything to prove to anyone here or anywhere else? I pay my bills, dude. And to follow this input now from yours, sit down while you wait : D It is rather pathetic your post and this invective against my standpoint. Any beef against my persona, dandy? Perhaps because of posts like yours or not, you don't read Jon's posts anymore these days over us. Something I can tell you though. I am not here to write to someone what I am not able to tell him quite directly face to face in the real world. I am all yours. You can start to write me to my inbox. You're welcome to meet me wherever you want. I can even bring my stuff with me just for the case you want to inspect the foundations of my argument. In real life, man, not invariably behind a keyboard like I see some silly comments from people who simply have no clue what they're telling about. All my point, cowboy : ) Yours? 

On topic, you'll never see me to bash whatever cam out there my options. You'll never see me to defend there's no use for other cameras. I would dare to write I cannot say the same about your usual condescending tone anyway when someone has a strong point beyond the lines posted here.

Sorry me if this my post looks like too harsh -- written speech is what it is : P but you really pissed me off now with this entry of yours. You have nothing to add from your experience for the subject matter, i.e., your yadda yadda is just BS in disguise.

Yours sincerely,

Emanuel

Good Lord, I think you took that a little more personally than intended. I was merely asking if you owned the camera. I know you have had strong and similar favoring opinions of other cameras that you haven’t owned... so I was curious if this was a similar case. 

I don’t need to defend Don, he can do that for himself. I’ve just noticed a strange anger in favor of the P4K from you lately. As far as Jon is concerned, I’m sorry I am not following you... perhaps your point was lost in translation.

As far as me speaking for or against the P4K... I honestly dont have much to say about it, I prefer the OG Pocket and the Micro. But I will concede that those are very easy cameras to operate as far as the camera’s interface and it seems the P4K follows suit. The problem with the P4K, as was the problem with the BMPCC and BMMCC before it, are the peripherals needed to make the camera more usable for your average shooter. Even if you look at the Pocket’s history... it was a very popular camera that was quickly abandoned by a lot of shooters due to poor battery life, the need for an IR filter, the need to be a decent colorist to take advantage of BMDFILM, etc... I believe that was what Don was referring to. And sorry, you chasing him around the forum to call him out on his opinion because you have some sort of self proclaimed noble cause, speaks volumes. And you puffing your chest at me based on a simple question... well... HAHAHAHA.

I honestly wish you luck with your P4K. As I understand it, you are interested in narrative filmmaking so I look forward to your work.

Yes, I took it personally. Besides I could even end to be harsh with Don and I didn't. Never with him BTW. Especially when you look like to pop up here to defend him rather than usually me, I guess I am entitled to ask you where you've been when he has been attacked in this same forum and to notice your defense has only settled down now to add your ad hominem attack addressed to me or maybe you and me we just don't share identical camera purchase choices... haha

I didn't even want to adopt a condescending tone with him for several reasons, one of them I really like him. I even miss him when he's not around.

Only because when I read this camera is very hard to use, this shows up the person (whoever is) has no clue what is telling about.

How to say it without offending someone you care?

These forums can be rather misleading because people who don't use a tool for reasons of their own start to post fake facts in disguise of mere unfounded opinions.

You seem to have fear to stop giving excuses to yourselves for a good chance to see by your own this tool and Resolve don't bite ; -)

@Emanuel

I like Don. He speaks his mind and I respect that. Anybody who describes the Osmo Pocket as “the best thing since sex,” is alright in my book. Haha.

I don’t visit the forum as much because there is way too much vitriol on these boards. People get way too angry over camera choices and I tend to get sucked into that energy... today being one of those instances. Plus I have been investing a lot of my free time into working on my film projects and that leaves little time to argue/discuss on a forum. But this site has been a daily visit for me for a long time, so I still read a little, I just do not have the time or energy to post as often... by your statement... it must be a more civilized place without me. 

With that... Happy New Year!

I respect everyone here, you included obviously. You should know this. Did you ever infer your contribution is not welcome by anyone here? I don't think so. I just protested with this post of yours. I know your posting because I am your reader. You as writer should value all your readers hehe

Well, I also think it should be useless to write we've shared along our presence some of POVs expressed over these boards, so all this ends to be helpless. Really.

Thanks,

to you too,

E : -)

PS on your quote not yet answered: where did you get I don't own a GH5? I've had several mirroless MFT units (9 units as of now amongst the different versions). GH5 is BTW the fav cam of one of my partners. I stated about X-H1 the goodies we've found with the X-T3 except they could come only in one, so waiting for X-H2. Rumors hint we won't have it next year. 

I wouldn't post but once you browse on internet where anyone can proclaim BS and because there's no rule without exception, here you @mercer have with the serial number included:

2018-11-12-2643.jpg

@webrunner5 @mercer

As you see I am not alone on my findings... how could I be claiming them as universal truths then? ; )

Just to not be accused to be trolling over this thread, here we go with some combo to invariably point out the proof is in the pudding:

"Z CAM E2 4K H.265 120fps to 25fps
Shot in ISO 160, 180° Shutter Zlog2
Graded with Zcam colour, Lumetri Color and Film convert.
Other equipment includes:
DJI Ronin MX
Sigma 18-35mm f1.8 Art with Metabones Wide open
Tiffen Black Pro Mist 1/4
CineMorph Mod Filter for anamorphic effect
SLR Magic Variable ND
Tilta Nucleus-M Wireless Follow Focus System
"

source: vimeo page