Z Cam E2 will have ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FPS in 4K??

IronFilm

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:V0grlvgxkYQJ:www.z-cam.com/e2/+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-b-1-ab

Z CAM™ E2

Cinematic Camera

4K @120fps, 10 bit color, H.264 & H.265 (10 bit)

4/3" Sony CMOS sensor, pixel size = 4.63?m

Micro Four Thirds lens mount

Gigabit Ethernet port for control setting & live streaming

iOS app for control setting & live preview

4K @60fps HDMI, SDI (option)

Deep Learning Engine built in with SDK

Global shutter variant to be available soon

Z CAM™ E2
Cinematic Camera

What's In The Box?

Z CAM™ E2 camera unit

Lemo power cable

DC D-Tap connector cable

AC/DC Power Adapter Unit

Power Connection Cables (US, UK, EU)

Quick User Guide

Protective Carrying Case

Yeah, exactly. Although, I'd be sceptical regardless of the date... 'CRAFT Digital Cinema camera' rings a bell, anyone?

But it's rather unlikey that a young Chinese company targeting the low-end market, would suddenly aim for the proper cinema territory targeting products like the ARRI Alexa Mini. That would only make for another Samsung NX1 saga... Besides, those kind of specs in such a small body... what about heat dissipation? And Blackmagic pulled global shutter from the Micro Cinema Camera after initially announcing it would come with it...

But I guess some of you either are really gullible or love to stir up some drama around nothing. Couldn't believe how heated and serious things had gotten over the 1st of April NX1 hack either.

1 hour ago, Cinegain said:

But it's rather unlikey that a young Chinese company targeting the low-end market, would suddenly aim for the proper cinema territory targeting products like the ARRI Alexa Mini. That would only make for another Samsung NX1 saga... Besides, those kind of specs in such a small body... what about heat dissipation? And Blackmagic pulled global shutter from the Micro Cinema Camera after initially announcing it would come with it...

But I guess some of you either are really gullible or love to stir up some drama around nothing. Couldn't believe how heated and serious things had gotten over the 1st of April NX1 hack either.

I am skeptical of the post, but...you underestimate this company, which actually targets cameras to the high end. For example:

https://www.broadcastbruce.com/product/z-cam-s1-pro-cinematic-vr-camera/

Their 360 VR camera, the Z Cam S1 Pro, sells for $14,550.

Their forthcoming 180 VR camera sells for $3,000.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1389667-REG/z_cam_k2501_k1_pro_cinematic_vr180.html

And their Z Cam V1 Pro sells for $31,000

http://store.radiantimages.com/product/zcam-v1-pro/

The Z Cam E1 (still supported, with batteries and new charger available) still sells for $249 - that is the outlier.

Hum, I knew they did like E1-style arrays and little cute VR cams along those lines, but that does look a little more serious. Still though, suppose it would still be tough to get some traction in the industry. Lytro was pushing different things as well... and look how that turned out. Anyways. Let it play out. But I'll remain sceptical as fo0k. ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, nigelbb said:

It costs £2K & is sold as a cinema camera & has 120fps@4K in 150Mbps h.264 but is a one trick pony with literally no other feature that isn't better served by the BMPCC4K.

I wish they could get DNG RAW somehow. That would really elevate the footage to cinema camera standards. 

30 minutes ago, AlexTrinder96 said:

Dynamic Range looks good to be fair. 

Seems pretty good, but something about that footage makes objects and people in the scene look like wax models and toys. For instance, the edge sharpness looks very "edge", lending to this toy-like look I'm trying to describe.