NX1 max ISO extended in video mode through hack to 25600 ISO - possible?

flip21

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
10 hours ago, Kisaha said:

Dude, get a grip, don't flame this forum like you do on DPR.

Why to push to 25600 when even the 6400ISO in NX1 is really bad, and you do not even own a NX1, why you care?

Also, if you'd like to see more hacks, you can start reading, or pay someone to do as you ask.

thanks dude. It is good to see that you are always so pleasant... Is it the warm greek way of dealing with people? No wonder your national soccer league has been suspended by the government... 

You really think you're the best, right? I never seen someone with such a big EGO...except maybe for Hitler..  you think you're the boss. That you're in charge... wanna turn this forum into Fascism?

LIVE AND, LET LIVE BRO... There is room for everybody... even people with dumb questions...

You have 3 people on your stupid ignore list, but I'm sure you must be on almost everyone's ignore list... I mean who cares about you, man, and what you have to say? Are you a famous director? A famous cameramen? A famous anybody?!?!? Never heard about your work... get a life man.. 

And to think Ancient Greece was the cradle of Democracy...

2 hours ago, flip21 said:

thanks dude. It is good to see that you are always so pleasant... Is it the warm greek way of dealing with people? No wonder your national soccer league has been suspended by the government... 

You really think you're the best, right? I never seen someone with such a big EGO...except maybe for Hitler..  you think you're the boss. That you're in charge... wanna turn this forum into Fascism?

LIVE AND, LET LIVE BRO... There is room for everybody... even people with dumb questions...

You have 3 people on your stupid ignore list, but I'm sure you must be on almost everyone's ignore list... I mean who cares about you, man, and what you have to say? Are you a famous director? A famous cameramen? A famous anybody?!?!? Never heard about your work... get a life man.. 

And to think Ancient Greece was the cradle of Democracy...

Awe Jesus H Christ! Do we really need more shade in this community?

@flip21 Show a little respect man. Kisaha has 801 likes here to your 36. The numbers don't lie. 

As far as your question about ISO, why in god's holy name would you want to use ISO 25600? At that level you can kiss resolution and saturation goodbye.

Ain't nobody got time fo' dat. :grimace:

6 hours ago, Matthew Hartman said:

Awe Jesus H Christ! Do we really need more shade in this community?

@flip21 Show a little respect man. Kisaha has 801 likes here to your 36. The numbers don't lie. 

As far as your question about ISO, why in god's holy name would you want to use ISO 25600? At that level you can kiss resolution and saturation goodbye.

Ain't nobody got time fo' dat. :grimace:

Show a little respect? Uau!! That's funny. Kisaha is stalking me since I join Dpreview forum, and this forum too... He is always calling me names, namely troll, and embarrising me... he is always trolling people and threatening them with his "dreadful" Ignore list... why does he do this? Because I'm an amateur??? Because he is the so call Big Boss expert? .... he maybe used to dealing with experts, I don't know, but I'm no expert... am I suppose to be afraid of posting anything in this forum, because I will be judge by the mighty Oby Wan Kisaha? ... I'm always using humor to deal with him but yesterday he just caught me in a bad mood... 

I'm no expert, I don't have friends that shoot video, or use cameras... I'm post things here because I like to learn from you more... 

Anyway, extended ISO in video was a good thing. One thing that was really good on the A7s was to kind a see in the dark. The NX1 can do 25600 ISO in photo, so why not for video? I though my NX500 did it. When I told this to other NX500 user on dpreview, many people on that forum was interested in knowing why my camera shot video in 25600 and theirs doesn't. It turned out to be a bug common to all NX500/Nx1 cameras...

I just thought it was a software limitation, just like the maximum recording time limit...

PS: it is also sad to know that there were some users that actually made "likes" to what kisaha's reply to me . Now I understand why bullying it is such a big phenomenon...

Here is an example of Kisaha atitude towards me: 

Ksisaha wrote: "this is a trap/troll topic from a well known DPR troll which has been banned multiple times there. He is on my ignore list, so I wouldn't like him to reply straight to me."

Flip,

I am trying not to reply to your comments, but you seriously have to "moderate" yourself.

This is a community, and we do not need white noise and unrelated drama.

You say I "stalk" you, while I am signed in here almost a year before you do, and similar in DPR as well! 

Secondly, ignore lists exist for annoying people that do not offer anything to the community, you already have "dominated" DPR with silly threads every week (you must have put a "a6300 vs NX1" and "low light performance of the X camera" dozens of time, until I put you in the ignore list, and I can't see anything you post, and I am avoiding your threads whatsoever), everyone participating there knows that and that is why they upvote when I call you to behave yourself, all the rest are just a crazy person's talk, I can't just seriously take any offense from them, because they are so out of the reality, that my mind just ignores them, and simultaneously feel a little sad that there are people talking crazy on "reputable" forums. 

You already have started to post threads such "EM10 microphone, hack request", "25600 ISO, hack request", showing lack of respect for the true hack/mod scene, and lack of any intelligence whatsoever. I have seen what you did on the DPR forum (you seriously single-handily destroyed the experience for most of us) and I wouldn't like to see the same happen here.

Just moderate yourself, like you do in real life (I hope).

There is no discussion, please do not respond, and take some time to reflect about your digital life.

Take care, and relax, read what people have to offer here, and participate if you need or want, just do not try to dominate the forum, and do not make a thread of whatever comes into your mind, think about it first, or do a search to find out if there is a solution.

18 minutes ago, Matthew Hartman said:

I'm going to ask that you two take the bromance off line. We try to keep this place classy, so we can have nice things Ginger. 

Oki Doki... 

I hate drama. I don't watch MTV, nor Jersey Shore, nor any of that US reality TV garbadge... I also think people don't have to be an expert to participate in foruns... We are always so concerned with our digital foot print... I don't want to be fearful of starting threads here... 

5 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

Flip,

I am trying not to reply to your comments, but you seriously have to "moderate" yourself.

This is a community, and we do not need white noise and unrelated drama.

You say I "stalk" you, while I am signed in here almost a year before you do, and similar in DPR as well! 

Secondly, ignore lists exist for annoying people that do not offer anything to the community, you already have "dominated" DPR with silly threads every week (you must have put a "a6300 vs NX1" and "low light performance of the X camera" dozens of time, until I put you in the ignore list, and I can't see anything you post, and I am avoiding your threads whatsoever), everyone participating there knows that and that is why they upvote when I call you to behave yourself, all the rest are just a crazy person's talk, I can't just seriously take any offense from them, because they are so out of the reality, that my mind just ignores them, and simultaneously feel a little sad that there are people talking crazy on "reputable" forums. 

You already have started to post threads such "EM10 microphone, hack request", "25600 ISO, hack request", showing lack of respect for the true hack/mod scene, and lack of any intelligence whatsoever. I have seen what you did on the DPR forum (you seriously single-handily destroyed the experience for most of us) and I wouldn't like to see the same happen here.

Just moderate yourself, like you do in real life (I hope).

There is no discussion, please do not respond, and take some time to reflect about your digital life.

Take care, and relax, read what people have to offer here, and participate if you need or want, just do not try to dominate the forum, and do not make a thread of whatever comes into your mind, think about it first, or do a search to find out if there is a solution.

Sound rebutle.

I'm not on DPR enough to be familiar with flip21 or any possible antics but if he has legitimate curiosities I don't personally want to drive that away.

He comes off sounding a bit hurt, or victimized. My hope is whatever negativity has transpired over at DPR it stays there and he can find satisfaction in the wealth of knowledge here.  

3 minutes ago, flip21 said:

I also think people don't have to be an expert to participate in foruns... We are always so concerned with our digital foot print... I don't want to be fearful of starting threads here... 

Absolutely, you (or anyone) do not have to be an expert to participate here, we have a strong community of teaching and learning here. In one post you might be the student, in another the teacher. We also try our best to keep trolling to a minimum, and considering Andrew Reid doesn't moderate these boards, we do a pretty good job at remaining respectful overall. And if ppl start going negative, it's not long before they get called out. 

If by chance you're creating threads to bait ppl into debates you will eventually get called out proper. I know I won't hold back, and I expect others to hold me to those same standards. 

If you're here to learn legitimately then you should have no issues. Just keep in mind we are an opinionated bunch. If varied opinions set you off, you may want to find a different community. If not, post away my man. 

@flip21 About high ISO, even in Sony cameras that can reach higher ISO levels, essentially "seeing in the dark", there are still compromises to the overall image quality. An image sensor has a base sebsitivity level, where it performs at an optimum level. Anything outside of this level is a degradation. Where you might very well have a reasonably clean image as far as a noisey signal or high ISO, your resolution, dynamic range and saturation still take a variable hit. Not to mention highlights are often blown to smithereens. 

I like to think of high ISO as a neat parlor trick, but nothing I'd personally associate with what I understand image quality to be, especially in a narrative context. I think "seeing in the dark" has better application in the military and environmental science, than filmmaking. 

On 3/23/2018 at 10:43 PM, Kisaha said:

It is impossible to start a new thread in the NX subforum on EOSHD without Kisaha noticing it! So no, of course this is not specific stalking of one person :-o

Rather it is "stalking" of the entire NX forum ;-)

On 23/03/2018 at 10:21 AM, Matthew Hartman said:

@flip21 About high ISO, even in Sony cameras that can reach higher ISO levels, essentially "seeing in the dark", there are still compromises to the overall image quality. An image sensor has a base sebsitivity level, where it performs at an optimum level. Anything outside of this level is a degradation. Where you might very well have a reasonably clean image as far as a noisey signal or high ISO, your resolution, dynamic range and saturation still take a variable hit. Not to mention highlights are often blown to smithereens. 

I like to think of high ISO as a neat parlor trick, but nothing I'd personally associate with what I understand image quality to be, especially in a narrative context. I think "seeing in the dark" has better application in the military and environmental science, than filmmaking. 

Hi Matthew let me tell you more about myself. I'm not an expert, ans you noticed. I don't understand too much about the technological aspects of shooting video. But I know what I like, and right now, I fell that the camera that has the best IQ in good light is still the NX1. At least until the A7 III was released. The problem is that experts refuse to compare most of the new released mirrorless cameras to the NX1, because it was discontinued. For instances, there is no detailed comparison between the NX1 and the A6500, nor the A7r III. Ant that bugs me... Max yuriev "refuses" to test these new mirrorless cameras from Sony against the Nx1, why?!??

I also don't understand why people say the NX1 is not good for low light, because from the videos I watch on youtube it seemed damn good. But the image looks darker. The A7s II image looks brighter. I remember having the same felling between the NX300 and the Nx500, because the Nx300 couls go only until 3200 ISO.

Is it just a matter of personal taste? For instances I love the oversharpped image of the NX1. The A6300 image seems soft, and the colors doesn't seem to pop. 

Just look at me as the point and shoot camera people's representative. ehehe :)

I'm not victimizing myself, but Kisaha sometimes seems like an adolescent, and alwyas resorts to insults to deal with people like me... I guess he is younger than me... I never studied video, nor Photo. I'm too old for that :)

3 hours ago, flip21 said:

Hi Matthew let me tell you more about myself. I'm not an expert, ans you noticed. I don't understand too much about the technological aspects of shooting video. But I know what I like, and right now, I fell that the camera that has the best IQ in good light is still the NX1. At least until the A7 III was released. The problem is that experts refuse to compare most of the new released mirrorless cameras to the NX1, because it was discontinued. For instances, there is no detailed comparison between the NX1 and the A6500, nor the A7r III. Ant that bugs me... Max yuriev "refuses" to test these new mirrorless cameras from Sony against the Nx1, why?!??

I also don't understand why people say the NX1 is not good for low light, because from the videos I watch on youtube it seemed damn good. But the image looks darker. The A7s II image looks brighter. I remember having the same felling between the NX300 and the Nx500, because the Nx300 couls go only until 3200 ISO.

Is it just a matter of personal taste? For instances I love the oversharpped image of the NX1. The A6300 image seems soft, and the colors doesn't seem to pop. 

Just look at me as the point and shoot camera people's representative. ehehe :)

I'm not victimizing myself, but Kisaha sometimes seems like an adolescent, and alwyas resorts to insults to deal with people like me... I guess he is younger than me... I never studied video, nor Photo. I'm too old for that :)

You said it yourself, no one wants to compare a new camera to a discontinued one. 

I know Max in the sense we both are Washingtonians and have had several chats about the NX1. To my knowledge when we last spoke a few months ago he still owned 3 (I believe) NX1s and is still fond of them. 

But you have to realize he reviews cameras, and he makes some income doing it. He would not get much viewership if you continually covered the NX1, a 4 year old discontinued camera. That's it's reputation on paper, even though the camera obviously still holds up.

Right now, in his mind the hot cams are the GH5/s, and the AR73. If you tune in next week, it will be something else, thats just how he and many online reviewers roll. Their overall charter is to help sell new gear. But I wouldn't be suprised if he still uses the NX1 behind the scenes, which he affectionaly calls his "workhorses". I've been trying to get him to sell one to me but he's not willing to let them go unless I pay a premium. That says a lot. 

• 9 months later...