New Kinefinity Mavo and MavoLF announced

johnnyd

http://www.kinefinity.com/mavo/

2 new cameras announced by Kinefinity, Mavo 6k S35 and Mavo LF 6k Fullframe.

Seems like they also announced a set of Cine lenses to go with it. Also some talk about a new user interface and an integrated Movcam wireless focus system.

Mavo LF Base ISO 1600 and supposed to be cleaner than previous cameras.

Cine DNG, ProRes and KineRAW 2.0?mavocodecs.thumb.jpg.55b2b52236e00fa3219ae87f522475e9.jpg

mavosensorsize.thumb.jpg.c58c65c784bbbbadc5acc67650b32c9a.jpg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Well For the price they are selling all their cameras Red can't be too happy about that. :grin: Glad to see some more competition at the top. They have some damn tough roads ahead to make it work, but Blackmagic did it in a pretty short time frame. So it can be done. I sure like the look of their products though, nobody is going to argue with that part. Even with the add on it seems smaller than a Red. And they are small to start with.

I know it sounds crazy but at that price I would have to go with a 5k, 6k body. Top end stuff is moving past 4k pretty fast. I have no clue where it is going to stop. It looks like 8k is going to be here on a lot of stuff by 2020, even TV's. Yikes.

I want a Mavo LF, but I will not consider it(and I dont have the money either at this point), if there is no kinefinity center based in Europe. I will not send my camera to China if there is a problem. Or if they dont respond to any emails. But apparantly they are aiming for the chinese market, and not for US or europe. So that might never happen.  These companies always seem to forget about support, which is crucial. 

On the other side I hope they include also a still button, so I can also use this cam as a LF photography aswell. This camera could potentially shift the mid-highend market. Its the around the same pricepoint of a RED RAVEN, but blows it out of the water. Have not seen any test footage yet though. The terra's are not a step up from the UMP,  these could be.

1 hour ago, zerocool22 said:

I want a Mavo LF, but I will not consider it(and I dont have the money either at this point), if there is no kinefinity center based in Europe. I will not send my camera to China if there is a problem. Or if they dont respond to any emails. But apparantly they are aiming for the chinese market, and not for US or europe. So that might never happen.  These companies always seem to forget about support, which is crucial. 

On the other side I hope they include also a still button, so I can also use this cam as a LF photography aswell. This camera could potentially shift the mid-highend market. Its the around the same pricepoint of a RED RAVEN, but blows it out of the water. Have not seen any test footage yet though. The terra's are not a step up from the UMP,  these could be.

There are UK service centers, at least according to the Philip BLoom video above. 

2 hours ago, zerocool22 said:

ProAV is a dealer in London and there is one in Europe too. 

• Super Members

I'm less concerned about where it goes to be repaired but how they can keep you going in the meantime.

If the distributors got plenty of swap out units (which I've been led to believe by one of them that they will) then it doesn't matter to me where they send it for repair.

6 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Am still waiting on pricing... nothing yet about the LF, I guess it will be their most expensive one yet!

Their pre-order page says the LF pricing will be announced at BIRTV in august and shipping begins october.

http://www.kinefinity.com/shop/mavo_preorder/?lang=en (it says lang=en but you'll need google translate for this one :D )

5 hours ago, DBounce said:

They would do well to put out a pocket camera with killer specs and low price to gain some trust and credibility. Few are willing to dump $12k on a camera brand they do not have any hands on experience with.

They have sold in past cameras for as cheap as US$2.5K

But going "mass market" opens up a whole new can of worms, so they might not want to go down that path of radically cheaper prices than even that. 

As it is, Kinefinity is already very very cheap! Their most expensive camera is more or less the same price as the cheapest new RED.

• 2 months later...