NX1 RAW VIDEO???

timmyturntable

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

@Arikhan you're making a very bad impression! Do not make promises you can not keep ...

To all those who agree with him I say this:

There are people who believe that the earth is flat, ok if you are willing to believe this without any proof, despite the evidence shows the opposite, ok you are free, but the problem is yours.

11 minutes ago, lucabutera said:

@Arikhan you're making a very bad impression! Do not make promises you can not keep ...

To all those who agree with him I say this:

There are people who believe that the earth is flat, ok if you are willing to believe this without any proof, despite the evidence shows the opposite, ok you are free, but the problem is yours.

And I thought you do not want to provoke today ...

On 3/29/2018 at 1:52 AM, Arikhan said:

As I understand, you are impatient, I will send you an (crippled) DNG example from an early release from last year. I will post it tomorrow afternoon, so you could get a first idea about my work.

When will the first non-"crippled" DNG be shared?!

3 minutes ago, lucabutera said:

And I thought you want to admit that raw is a fake today...

Why me?

And why today?

And why can not you simple wait for a few days? A few days ... 

Does your wife have such a stress with you before Christmas too? ;) 

You only have to wait till tomorrow in the late evening (23:59:59) and then you can: rightfully scold Arikhan or officially apologize here in the forum.

Arikhan wrote March 15.:

"Im have good news for you: I just shot RAW video with the NX1...RAW VIDEO in 25p - nice workflow with 25 DNGs per second. Just an unbelievable quality (in my eyes). Problem: I'm just writing my graduation exams...after that I'll download the footage (DNG images) and describe the methodology. It's quite special but it's great for my purposes. With the 60mm 2.8 at F6 an unbelievable detail and sharpness. It's quite exciting..."

and then:

"I mean, I can now shoot video in RAW format with the NX1. Uncompressed."

"Internal. Next Monday a friend of mine will shoot exactly the same scene with a 8K RED, edit the footage on a 4K timeline and then...we will compare: NX1 4K RAW vs RED RAW... I am very curious..."

"Yeah...I am very excited...Working on this for 7 months now... After exams I will have the time to do a usable workflow description and HowTo. I hope, it will be useful for the community. BTW: I think, @BTM_Pix will like it too, this guy is unbelievable in fiddling with electronics... "

"I have economy exam on Wednesday."

"But for now...I'm fighting with Keynesian & Marxian economics, globalization BS, European integration and so on for my exam tomorrow. Not funny at all..."

"Last post now: I see, there are many questions and much to explain. My programming skills also seem to be better than my technical explanations. But one of the forum members offered me help and it would be better letting him to help me. It's not simple to explain technical stuff I'm involved with to other people. I wrote many assumptions/questions of forum members down, so I can answer them accurately after exams and after posting some examples, so people could see, what we talk about. "Abstract talk" only can get stodgy sometimes..."

"Here is a screenshot from an early release. UHD | 25fps | 1/50 | Manual WB (blue hour like human eye sees it) | Zeiss O 28mm 1.4 at F7.1 | edit in post: slight WB correction | File edited with Premiere CC | Workflow recommended by @Mattias Burling --> here <--"

"Andrew, just give me some time to work on this...I tried to explain a few things and got provoked and insulted - because people probably not understandung what I mean. I'd like to share the work first...Above this, there are some serious legal aspects to consider - and there is no answer yet from a lawyer society specialized in this issues... When this is done, I will share the RAW footage for evaluation. Please consider, I am a one man band when working on this - and got a live with many friends, family, sports, shootings, etc. After university-entrance diploma examinations, I will have some more time to spend on it. Be assured, I'll share my results here. BTW: Zero interest in financial compensation when working on this.

1 hour ago, derderimmermuedeist said:

Why me?

And why today?

You only have to wait till tomorrow in the late evening (23:59:59) and then you can: rightfully scold Arikhan or officially apologize here in the forum.

Arikhan wrote March 15.:

"Im have good news for you: I just shot RAW video with the NX1...RAW VIDEO in 25p - nice workflow with 25 DNGs per second. Just an unbelievable quality (in my eyes). Problem: I'm just writing my graduation exams...after that I'll download the footage (DNG images) and describe the methodology. It's quite special but it's great for my purposes. With the 60mm 2.8 at F6 an unbelievable detail and sharpness. It's quite exciting..."

and then:

"Internal. Next Monday a friend of mine will shoot exactly the same scene with a 8K RED, edit the footage on a 4K timeline and then...we will compare: NX1 4K RAW vs RED RAW... I am very curious..."

"Yeah...I am very excited...Working on this for 7 months now... After exams I will have the time to do a usable workflow description and HowTo. I hope, it will be useful for the community. BTW: I think, @BTM_Pix will like it too, this guy is unbelievable in fiddling with electronics... "

"But for now...I'm fighting with Keynesian & Marxian economics, globalization BS, European integration and so on for my exam tomorrow. Not funny at all..."

"Last post now: I see, there are many questions and much to explain. My programming skills also seem to be better than my technical explanations. But one of the forum members offered me help and it would be better letting him to help me. It's not simple to explain technical stuff I'm involved with to other people. I wrote many assumptions/questions of forum members down, so I can answer them accurately after exams and after posting some examples, so people could see, what we talk about. "Abstract talk" only can get stodgy sometimes..."

"Here is a screenshot from an early release. UHD | 25fps | 1/50 | Manual WB (blue hour like human eye sees it) | Zeiss O 28mm 1.4 at F7.1 | edit in post: slight WB correction | File edited with Premiere CC | Workflow recommended by @Mattias Burling --> here <--"

"Andrew, just give me some time to work on this...I tried to explain a few things and got provoked and insulted - because people probably not understandung what I mean. I'd like to share the work first...Above this, there are some serious legal aspects to consider - and there is no answer yet from a lawyer society specialized in this issues... When this is done, I will share the RAW footage for evaluation. Please consider, I am a one man band when working on this - and got a live with many friends, family, sports, shootings, etc. After university-entrance diploma examinations, I will have some more time to spend on it. Be assured, I'll share my results here. BTW: Zero interest in financial compensation when working on this.

You sum it up pretty well. Thanks for reminding people how simple life was before people ask demanding things out of the given timetable.

I am not sure if people realise how important are the graduation exams for educational systems such these. It definitelly influence at least the next -and probably most productive - decade of our lives, and for some, the rest of their lives.

People having at least a university degree, understand for sure.

• Administrators

I got an email from Mr April Fools himself...

"As promised, I will send you (download link) the footage of my Proof of Concept on time (01. April 2018) for evaluation. It would be very nice, if you could share your opinion honestly with me - after testing the maleability and behaviour, even when you do heavy grading. Please consider, that I will be not online from 01.04. at about 14:00 European time up to 04.04. in the morning, so I can NOT answer YOUR questions. I will try to write down most settings and as you are a very experienced technician, you will not have any problems with handling, for sure."

Since it is pretty clear what's going on here, Arikhan has been banned from further participation in this forum, because he's a time waster.

3 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

"As promised, I will send you (download link) the footage of my Proof of Concept on time (01. April 2018) for evaluation. It would be very nice, if you could share your opinion honestly with me - after testing the maleability and behaviour, even when you do heavy grading. Please consider, that I will be not online from 01.04. at about 14:00 European time up to 04.04. in the morning, so I can NOT answer YOUR questions. I will try to write down most settings and as you are a very experienced technician, you will not have any problems with handling, for sure."

Since it is pretty clear what's going on here, Arikhan has been banned from further participation in this forum, because he's a time waster.

This is a pity. Only one day ...

3 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

Andrew, I thought he meant he'd be offline for months when I first read this post.  Then, I realized he is using european date/time so it's only 3 days. No biggie. I vote to allow him to continue.

5 hours ago, derderimmermuedeist said:

Why me?

And why today?

Arikhan wrote March 15.:

and then:

My friend right now I am in a 5 star luxury hotel to drink chapagne and eat caviar, my wife is here with me and she also tells me to be very happy and relaxed.

ps. The nx1 raw fools it' the last of my thoughts!

image.jpeg

Not that this is a democracy or anything but I think we should let this drama play out... it’s only a day.

With that being said, now the kid won’t be available for 3 days to answer any questions... a little too convenient.

And with that being said... I don’t think the kid is lying. I think he found something but it’s a fudge more than it is true Raw recording.

Again I don’t think Andrew was asking for votes. This is his site and he needs to protect it the way he sees fit. He seemed very excited for the possibilities of this Raw Hack, so he obviously has decided that the evidence isn’t there. Or it isn’t strong enough to risk sullying the reputation of his site.

Of course, like a lot of you, I would like to know if there is any validity to this kid’s claim, but the fact that he won’t be available to answer any questions right when the most questions will be asked... is pretty suspicious, to say the least, and just another oddity in this long and dragged out story.

Kids, what do we have to loose about that!? I mean...we could wait for the date he indicated. Then, you could have destroyed him if he didn't post anything. 

In this way, he'll be able to say that it's ppl fault, not his. 

Again, I'm not believing in anything, but I wouldn't have behaved in the way that many here did. 

@Marco Tecno fake news is a slippery slope to a dead forum and thats why I believe @Andrew Reid and people like myself have no patience for this especially with the amount of opportunities presented for him to clarify himself. He even personally mailed Andrew with the most cryptic email I’ve seen for someone who’s serious about getting there work out there. You have to police these things cause when you dont they get out of control and thats why I think Andrew shut it down. Dude wont even be straight with the owner of the forum in a private email. Who’s gonna buy his claims after that ?