NX1 RAW VIDEO???

timmyturntable

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

If people really think this kid was cyber bullied into running away with what just maybe the equivalent of a winning lottery ticket in the filmmaking community I have a big,huge,gigantic bridge in brooklyn for sale. PM me lets seal the deal ???. Face it this is the behavior of someone who got busted. There never was a RAW hack. Everyone with some sense and experience with an NX1 caught it when he uploaded that bogus image sourced from “an nx1 dng”. Even kinoseed thought the premise of the RAW hack was questionable. This guy also gets in direct contact with the owner of the forum (Andrew Reid) whos showing interest in the new development and he wont even PM him the details ? Some haters and cyber bullies scared him away ? Yeah right lol

So for the record I have been praying for an NX1 raw hack. A breakthrough like this regardless of the camera is worthy of praise but like many I do not like my time wasted with fabrications. Call me cynical if you want but lets at least be logical about all the facts presented to us

That is not the point @kidzrevil.

I have posted numerous times about how I do NOT care for any kind of raw, I had a 5DmkII staying idle for years and didn't try it, I couldn't care less for raw in my workflow, and I would never shot a feature film or a short with this camera. Plenty of other and better options around.

I, personally, didn't get what was all the fuzz about, why people had to "push" this individual to his limits, and why it was even a big deal?

He said something, he gave a timeline - on his own, without even anyone asked about it - and that was it. I don't get, why he had to be proven right, or wrong. 

In 4 days, we would be able to know, and not even wasting a second of our lives for posting various things here.

That what I was saying here multiple times, with different ways, and I am seriously more curious, why people had to prove him anything, instead of wait, and continue with their lives for 7 (back then) more days, until the "big" announcement.

As I said, I do not even care for raw, especially if I have to open my cameras and do "stuff" to them, or includes any complicated workflow, so I am not even feeling like I lost an opportunity, I am just curious to know what drove all these people's response.

Excitement? Financial benefit? Jealousy? lust (for data!)? lust (for e-blood)?! 

@Kisaha I understand you may not care about raw but a lot of people do. I know Im one of them. Canon RAW is beautiful btw. What we were after here is confirmation. Nothing more nothing less. Healthy skepticism never stopped Magic Lantern and its many contributing programmers. The angry mob with pitchforks could’ve been ignored but why ignore Mr.Reid’s inquiry or call for proof ? A simple DM to Andrew would’ve solved that but instead there was a huge deflection when Arikhan did actually reply. So no I don’t think anyone had anything to gain by saying something is wrong. You notice how that observation lead to a lot of facts being uncovered ? Same thing happened with Eebrahim. Nobody asked for anything outside the truth. Maybe as a New Yorker I am naturally very skeptical ? but the cure for skepticism is truth & information. It’s not like we asked the guy to release the hack when it wasn’t ready. We just wanted to see that one DNG he worked off of. 

5 minutes ago, kidzrevil said:

@Kisaha I understand you may not care about raw but a lot of people do. I know Im one of them. Canon RAW is beautiful btw. What we were after here is confirmation. Nothing more nothing less. Healthy skepticism never stopped Magic Lantern and its many contributing programmers. The angry mob with pitchforks could’ve been ignored but why ignore Mr.Reid’s inquiry or call for proof ? A simple DM to Andrew would’ve solved that but instead there was a huge deflection when Arikhan did actually reply. So no I don’t think anyone had anything to gain by saying something is wrong. You notice how that observation lead to a lot of facts being uncovered ? Same thing happened with Eebrahim. Nobody asked for anything outside the truth. Maybe as a New Yorker I am naturally very skeptical ? but the cure for skepticism is truth & information. It’s not like we asked the guy to release the hack when it wasn’t ready. We just wanted to see that one DNG he worked off of. 

I do not disagree, and I know a lot of people care for raw, but it is 27th of March here, if only we could wait for just 4 days, and If only we were that civilized a few days ago!

I am a "little" older than you, and I have learned that people react differently under pressure, and we do not know other people's limits, and what is eating them, especially here that we do not even know each other!

Anyways, that was it. I do not think there is anything else left. 

Burn the thread!

edit: Knicks loosing again, when Michael Beasley is your best player, then something is wrong with your team!

Well this has certainly gone off the rails ?

I only started this as separate thread to raise awareness of the possible advancement for other NX1 owners.  As an owner, anything that potentially enhances the image or adds to the experience, I am all for.

It is sad we will not know definitively if this was a real development or not.  Perhaps it would be best for Andrew to kill this thread and let any further announcements come through a proper post on the site.

11 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

Hmmmm....

Can I just clarify that I brought those two images up for comparison as I knew someone would search his posts and come across it and would, in all likelihood, have not couched it in, shall we say, quite the same terms.

There are very plausible reasons why those images are as they are that wouldn't disprove a RAW breakthrough.

Just as there are very plausible reasons why those images as they are would not support it.

However, I wasn't just going to ignore the comparison between the images because it didn't suit my suspected - and hoped for outcome - that this is indeed for real.

(my underlining for emphasis)

Yes, I agree, I feel like BTM_Pix raised this intriguing point very politely and respectfully. 

10 hours ago, derderimmermuedeist said:

Maybe it would not have escalated directly in the Samsung forum

Is it interesting to ponder how different this thread might have been if posted in the Samsung subforum instead. 

A much smaller thread for one!

10 hours ago, MountneerMan said:

Roll credits with cheesy music...

Mathew Hartman went on to start an anti-bullying campaign and was eventually recognized by Melania Trump for his valiant efforts around the world on cyberbullying

Kisaha lost faith in humanity and moved to the woods to live out the rest of his life as a recluse with no contact to the outside world.... He spends all his time trying to hack the NX1 to unlock RAW video.

BTM_Pix opened up an online detective agency.... to this day he still takes on probono cases related to the camera hacks

Arikham was never heard from again

MountneerMan discovered he had an untapped talent as a comedy writer, so he packs his bags and moves to Hollywood with skip in his step and stars in his eyes!

35yrs later MountneerMan dies in LA penniless without ever getting a single manuscript read by a producer. 

• Super Members
1 hour ago, IronFilm said:

(my underlining for emphasis)

Yes, I agree, I feel like BTM_Pix raised this intriguing point very politely and respectfully. 

Yeah but you didn't see me 10 minutes later when I logged into eBay and found out I hadn't been outbid on all 17 NX-1s that I was hoping to turn a profit on next week.

200.gif

9 hours ago, kidzrevil said:

Some haters and cyber bullies scared him away ? Yeah right lol

All due respect (because I do respect you) you haven't read the messages I've received from Arikhan privately. If I'm to take him at his word, which so far I am, then yes, some of you DID in fact push him away. Process that as you will.  

Again, you can't expect a young person to have the same sensibilities and emotional maturity as a grown adult. When you're young, things are more black and white and you're more likely to internalize things. Plus, we don't know this kid's background, his family environment, nothing. Stop acting like these things don't matter.   

Now I know New Yorker's (city) are a different stock, but the entire world doesn't operate on a north easterner's in your face mentality. You have to know this. You come to Seattle with that mentality good luck holding down a job. I've personally seen two New Yorker's get canned for being too aggressive in the workplace, which is probably just a normal day at the office for you. Point is, different strokes. 

And for the record, you all should know Arikhan bailed (this forum at least) way before BMT_pix started playing detective. I think Andrew's post was the catalyst. I know Arikhan mentioned he contributes his purchase and fondness of the NX1 from a lot of Andrew's NX1 explorations, as do I. It's hard to interput through email and a language barrier, but he definitely didn't sound too happy once that went down.

Although, I don't personally believe Andrew meant harm. But I'm not the one with the hack, am I? It really doesn't matter what I think, or you think, it only matters what Arikhan thinks. Or if you think he's full of it, simply move on by. Not that hard. 

You all kept demanding immediate proof. Now! Right now or else you're ""! The kid said very, very clearly on April 1st. I'm not sure why that wasn't clear to some of you? All it took was a little patience on your part. A handful of members here including myself kept driving that message but it never seemed to stick or gel with some of you. That's not on Arikhan, not one single bit. 

Even if this kid is playing me, which could be the case (although doubtful from our interactions) I still would not treat him like some of you have, kid or not. It's not like he did anything illegal or hurtful to anyone.  

If this turns out to be just an April Fool's joke, then I guess it's more than appropriate then isn't it? April Fool's doesn't work on any other day than April 1st last time I checked. 

Besides, I've got real world problems. Getting punked, especially on April Fool's day isn't one of them. 

?

• Super Members
1 hour ago, Matthew Hartman said:

And for the record, you all should know Arikhan bailed (this forum at least) way before BMT_pix started playing detective.

Whoah, hang on a minute there.

EDIT>>>>>

Nope, I probably got the wrong end of the stick

<<<<EDIT

2 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

Whoah, hang on a minute there.

EDIT>>>>>

Nope, I probably got the wrong end of the stick

<<<<EDIT

Sorry, I meant no ill will here. It was for lack of a better description. I was in no way throwing shade your way. It was just the descriptor everyone here got familiar with. You already clarified your intent and I'm personally satisfied with it. 

We cool? ?

16 hours ago, Kisaha said:

That is not the point @kidzrevil.

I have posted numerous times about how I do NOT care for any kind of raw, I had a 5DmkII staying idle for years and didn't try it, I couldn't care less for raw in my workflow, and I would never shot a feature film or a short with this camera. Plenty of other and better options around.

I, personally, didn't get what was all the fuzz about, why people had to "push" this individual to his limits, and why it was even a big deal?

He said something, he gave a timeline - on his own, without even anyone asked about it - and that was it. I don't get, why he had to be proven right, or wrong. 

In 4 days, we would be able to know, and not even wasting a second of our lives for posting various things here.

That what I was saying here multiple times, with different ways, and I am seriously more curious, why people had to prove him anything, instead of wait, and continue with their lives for 7 (back then) more days, until the "big" announcement.

As I said, I do not even care for raw, especially if I have to open my cameras and do "stuff" to them, or includes any complicated workflow, so I am not even feeling like I lost an opportunity, I am just curious to know what drove all these people's response.

Excitement? Financial benefit? Jealousy? lust (for data!)? lust (for e-blood)?!