NX1 RAW VIDEO???

timmyturntable

• Super Members

Having said about searching posts, I was thinking the Frankfurt landscape one looked familiar to me and there is post from last year that is curious.....

I'd still prefer to give @Arikhan the benefit of the doubt over this (as I suspect the way he's got this to work if he has is not the way many are expecting) but I can't ignore the image in that post and the one in this thread.

NX1_ZOTUS.jpg.52fd200eacda48d0cfa7626b24ecbafe.thumb.jpg.f66d588211135dd21fc9d777d8152e9b.jpgEXP_245_FFM.jpg.c3adc519b2acfe0e7d44b3cce534885f.thumb.jpg.00e68e5412cf01100db2686c5c25d3f4.jpg

The first one is a 2 stop underexposure from a burst/sequence containing the second one.

The -2 exposure one was first (check the position of the boat under the bridge) and in the post it is said to come from a 4:2:0 8 bit 4K file.

I know he  posted that he's been working on this for 7 months so the date (September 2017) doesn't concern me but if the first one is from a video file as stated in the other post then that would be some fast switching between modes in the time it took for that boat movement.

It could still be that it was also RAW and just exported as a 4:2:0 4K file but in the interests of balance - and the fact its bound to show up if anyone searches his previous posts - I think its fair to mention it as being a curiosity  at least.

Before you all start grabbing the pitchforks and firing up the burning torches, please bear in mind that these images could well be part of an A/B test.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
38 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

Before you all start grabbing the pitchforks and firing up the burning torches, please bear in mind that these images could well be part of an A/B test.

I just packed away my pitchfork and put out my torch. Your detective skills are far more effective.

3 hours ago, lucabutera said:

This does not mean anything, even I can publish photographs of Rome but I live 10,000 kilometers away. It does not seem to me that the camera can only be used in the city where you live.

I thought you were living in Italy!

10.212Khm from Rome is Los Angeles

10.256 is Mexico city

10.586 is Lima, Peru!

(no, I didn't count Khm on google map, I am not that nerdy!

there is a site for these kind of things! https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/distances.html?n=215)

Great detective skills @BTM_Pix !! Truly impressive!

Even if this is a joke, my arguments were/are that you can't bully anyone (online or not), whatever happens is out of our hands, so we wait, and can't determine the value of a product through a rumor.

Good to have you back @kinoseed !! Still shooting with NX?

3 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

Having said about searching posts, I was thinking the Frankfurt landscape one looked familiar to me and there is post from last year that is curious.....

I'd still prefer to give @Arikhan the benefit of the doubt over this (as I suspect the way he's got this to work if he has is not the way many are expecting) but I can't ignore the image in that post and the one in this thread.

NX1_ZOTUS.jpg.52fd200eacda48d0cfa7626b24ecbafe.thumb.jpg.f66d588211135dd21fc9d777d8152e9b.jpgEXP_245_FFM.jpg.c3adc519b2acfe0e7d44b3cce534885f.thumb.jpg.00e68e5412cf01100db2686c5c25d3f4.jpg

The first one is a 2 stop underexposure from a burst/sequence containing the second one.

The -2 exposure one was first (check the position of the boat under the bridge) and in the post it is said to come from a 4:2:0 8 bit 4K file.

I know he  posted that he's been working on this for 7 months so the date (September 2017) doesn't concern me but if the first one is from a video file as stated in the other post then that would be some fast switching between modes in the time it took for that boat movement.

It could still be that it was also RAW and just exported as a 4:2:0 4K file but in the interests of balance - and the fact its bound to show up if anyone searches his previous posts - I think its fair to mention it as being a curiosity  at least.

There are way too many strange things. This photo just happens to be one of them. The ships could be in this particular formation during certain times of the day, but the construction crane(s), vehicles at traffic signals etc etc are just a complete giveaway.

For someone who is apparently, ahem, struggling with his English, and his early years, his command over language is way more impressive than almost all native english speaking members here. I noticed this in so many posts of his. It couldn't possibly be google translate. I doubt it is that eloquent.

I guess this keeps getting more exciting. Almost out of an Agatha Christie Novel. 

• Administrators

Thanks for that detective work @BTM_Pix

The situation so far would suggest raw video on the NX1 doesn't exist... at least not yet.

Whoever is trying has my support! @Arikhan is welcome to continue posting his progress, but only if real.

I will soon be locking the thread.

@KisahaI would like to be in Santo Domingo but unfortunately I'm in Catania, only 1,000 km away from Rome! :-D

I do not have the skills of an investigator, out of curiosity I have a look on Ebay, the only NX1 auctioned on ebay in Europe is in Germany that expires March 31, maybe it's a coincidence or maybe not, until we have concrete evidence we can not know it.

@sanveer Good job, Finally someone with a clear mind! What do you think of the second image published?
Do not you find it strange a video shot vertically, casually with a 4:3 ratio instead of 16: 9, full colors, I think it's a dng picture, not a frame take from video.

@kinoseed Welcome back, as you can see there is someone who claims to have thrown the javelin over your line!
We all hope this is true but nobody has ever seen anything, it's a mystery like Bigfood !! First he shows a blurred picture, then a trail on the ground, while everyone is waiting for the first of April, convinced that he will sprout from behind the bush!
I just want to warn those who think to buy an NX1 camera thinking they have a camera that will shoot Raw video.
If this is the reason to buy the NX1 camera wait to be sure!

• Super Members
38 minutes ago, lucabutera said:

I do not have the skills of an investigator, out of curiosity I have a look on Ebay, the only NX1 auctioned on ebay in Europe is in Germany that expires March 31, maybe it's a coincidence or maybe not, until we have concrete evidence we can not know it.

Not that it matters but there are numerous NX-1s for sale from Europe on eBay. Including from Poland and Italy.

5ab9117ccc0ed_ScreenShot2018-03-26at17_22_22.thumb.jpg.4ad128ba94a5b40f5b6cb8c964723efd.jpg

If anyone does want one or a lens for one, this video game shop in Germany seems to have bought a job lot.

And no, its nowhere near Frankfurt.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/The-Video-Game-Source/Samsung-NX-/_i.html?rt=nc&_fsub=18346352017&_sid=17190217&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14&_sop=3&_sc=1

56 minutes ago, lucabutera said:

@sanveer Good job, Finally someone with a clear mind! What do you think of the second image published?
Do not you find it strange a video shot vertically, casually with a 4:3 ratio instead of 16: 9, full colors, I think it's a dng picture, not a frame take from video.

You did see that it was a quoted post, right?

13 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

It's an unfortunate fact of life that those who do the heavy lifting often do not get the proper credit.  Either some opportunist takes the credit or others simply cannot discern the facts (or have short memories).

For the sake of the rest of us, please keep up the excellent work!

49 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

Not that it matters but there are numerous NX-1s for sale from Europe on eBay. Including from Poland and Italy.

5ab9117ccc0ed_ScreenShot2018-03-26at17_22_22.thumb.jpg.4ad128ba94a5b40f5b6cb8c964723efd.jpg

If anyone does want one or a lens for one, this video game shop in Germany seems to have bought a job lot.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/The-Video-Game-Source/Samsung-NX-/_i.html?rt=nc&_fsub=18346352017&_sid=17190217&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14&_sop=3&_sc=1

I'm not a detective but you're not very careful ... the only auction in Germany expires March 31st!

And anyway, this is not the point.
I just want to safeguard someone's good faith.
For the rest I have already said everything, I will not continue any comment on this thread until there is a valid reason.

• Super Members
18 minutes ago, lucabutera said:

I'm not a detective but you're not very careful ... the only auction in Germany expires March 31st!

Ah-ha

Yes, I should have read your post more carefully

I wasn't as specific as that in my search.

3 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

These people were marketing NX products since ages. I bought some NX stuff (lenses included) back in 2014 I believe (or was it 2015?!). Very helpful and fast shipping.

If anyone buys a camera just because he/she heard a rumor on a random forum (because it won't be any of the regulars here, we are far more intelligent than that!), than what can I say!

@lucabutera How is the adapter business going by the way? Are you still making adapters for the NX? ( I am not on facebook, so do not know what is happening there)

1 hour ago, webrunner5 said:

Is the NX1 capable of that much detail on the second picture without some kind of mumbo jumbo?

ABSOLUTELY! & you have the opportunity to grab one with all bells and whistles for only €1850

(I have no affiliation with arikhan, I live at least 300km away from him - I am old - I am not claiming my English is bad, it is. - I am a rain maker, nor a raw maker. And I just want to get rid of this camera because too much meditation with it is not good for the mental health, obviously. I am heading over to this new Sony - a solid mass market product with little risk to be considered as a religion rather than a picture taking device) 

4 hours ago, lucabutera said:

Thank you. I think both the pics are JPEG quality (4k in 4-2-8 8-bit, and curiously their exposure seems Pretty Off, visible from how quickly the photo disintegrated when he tried to sell it as a DNG file). That's why his effort at trying to fool us fell flat on his face. The position of the cars and trucks at the traffic signal give it away. Also they are less then 5 seconds apart, as can be noticed from the position of various vehicles and ships/boats in the pic. 

People claiming he is some 12 year old, mentally unsound, undicovered geek, oppressed kid blah blah blah are the ones feeding all the tomfoolery. These members should be given a 1 week ban.

He didn't ask money yet, most likely because, Fortunately a Lot of Members started shouting wolf ! Thank you all the people who remember Sadaawi. 

I am guessing, that otherwise he was planning to make a few quick bucks off a campaign for a RAW hack and some NX1 sales (the Sale for the 31st could have been a Pilot Project with a pushing back of dates, to accomodate a few more sales, sharing more random JPEGs as DNGs).

I wish there was someone from Interpol on EOSHD. He would help bring in a lot of (in)famous people from across various countries. 

3 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

Is the NX1 capable of that much detail on the second picture without some kind of mumbo jumbo?

There are many ways of improving most pics in post. Also the difference in this case seems minor, at best. 

• Super Members
Just now, sanveer said:

Thank you. I think both the pics are JPEG quality (4k in 4-2-8 8-bit, and curiously their exposure seems Pretty Off, visible from how quickly the photo disintegrated when he tried to sell it as a DNG file). That's why his effort at trying to fool us fell flat on his face. The position of the cars and trucks at the traffic signal give it away. Also they are less then 5 seconds apart, as can be noticed from the position of various vehicles and ships/boats in the pic. 

Thank you???

Hahaha

6 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

Thanks for that detective work @BTM_Pix

The situation so far would suggest raw video on the NX1 doesn't exist... at least not yet.

Whoever is trying has my support! @Arikhan is welcome to continue posting his progress, but only if real.

I will soon be locking the thread.

I'm not sure it will matter much either way. Arikhan told me he's done with posting here and has given me the lead to post his findings he outlined in a previous post. (If I should receive them) 

Instead, he will run his own website, and I can't determine if this means people who get access to the hack will be limited or not. Whether he follows through with this or not I can't really say. But I've been trying my best to mitigate this and it appears to have finally broken down. Let's just say strategy is not our best characteristic.  

Bottom line, the kid said April 1st. Read into that what you will, but the constant baiting, prodding, poking and in some cases accusations pushed him away it seems, and I can't rightfully blame him, especially given his age. Some of you may believe this is not a legitimate factor but then I ask if you've ever raised a child? Prank or not, you don't approach a child as you'd approach a fully grown adult. If you know anything about biology you would know the human brain doesnt fully mature until the mid 20's. Besides, the kid didn't commit a murder. 

People's skepticism and impatience or what he views as "hatred" were never his to mitigate nor shepard. He made a claim and very clearly stated that he would reveal it on April 1st. Done, end of story. Everything else at this point is white noise and speculation, fueled by impatience and fear of being wronged.  

We live in an age where we obviously just can't wait to see what's behind the curtain. We grab at guarantees in a world of no promises and are willing to mow down anyone who steps in the way. I believe this reveals more about us than Arikhan. 

I know this all sounds dramatic on my end but I have been in touch with him privately. You all pushed him, despite all the warnings. If you think he's full of b.s. full stop there's nothing keeping you from not posting here. But you do it because you actually want to believe in a world that holds no promises. That's not Arikhan's problem is it?