NX1 RAW VIDEO???

timmyturntable

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
4 minutes ago, kidzrevil said:

@Matthew Hartman does it matter ?

In some circumstances, yes, it does. I don't think the issue here is that the burden of proof is on him, I think he knows that and can handle that all day long, and will when he's ready.  

I think the issue is how it's being approached by some here, which I can assure you will be viewed differently from a young person's point of view. If you have children, then you already know this. 

He is in no way obligated to do anything for any of us. I suggest a gentler approach. 

24 minutes ago, Arikhan said:

Full ACK - no problem. I can do with my cameras whatever I want.

But problems could begin when making it public...:confused: There are some hardware modifications (at least at the moment) too...So...But that's what I told you at the very beginning. I said: "I opened the box"...

Workflow is as simple as I said when revealing the properties of the screenshot: It's a workflow @Mattias Burling shared on YT in 2014. Nothing new there. It's a common DNG workflow. 

Ohhhh.... it’s a mod. I had read that comment when I was going to sleep one night so when you said you opened the box, I thought meant figuratively, not literally. Hmm, interesting. Then if I had to guess, you found some kind of governor on the burst mode or intervaleter.

Btw, no pressure from me. I don’t even own an NX1 or plan on getting one but I do love Raw video, so I am very interested. Good luck with your studies. 

3 minutes ago, kidzrevil said:

@Matthew Hartman does it matter ?

Yes, it does! It seriously changes everything(!) but Arikhan asked from us to wait until April the 1st.

It's just a week away, let's keep it low for a little while and we will find out soon.

I do not have a clue what's what, but there is no way to be anything similar to what a mini Ursa Pro offers, or a C200, (workflow, ease of use, sound, frame rates, corporate support etc.), so whatever it is, is going to be an extra, and we do love extras!

7 days countdown starts, now!

4 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

Yes, it does! It seriously changes everything(!) but Arikhan asked from us to wait until April the 1st.

It's just a week away, let's keep it low for a little while and we will find out soon.

I do not have a clue what's what, but there is no way to be anything similar to what a mini Ursa Pro offers, or a C200, (workflow, ease of use, sound, frame rates, corporate support etc.), so whatever it is, is going to be an extra, and we do love extras!

7 days countdown starts, now!

I've reached my daily like quota. ?

@Matthew Hartman @Kisaha my apologies. I was merely thinking that when someone makes a grand claim such as having made a breakthrough like RAW video support the burden of proof falls in the hands of the poster. Providing some kind of proof beyond a jpg wouldn’t be considered an act of aggression. Obviously I was wrong. I apologize if I offended anyone and I will take the users age and any of the other posters age in mind when faced with other claims as grand as this one.

1 minute ago, undecided said:

I am just psyched if this is true. I expect some great footage out of the NX1 with raw especially if it improves on the known issues like ISO noise in video (which we all assumed was due to the noise reduction algos), rolling shutter, etc.

It is exciting. There are many implications of improvement that could be seen with this. The most exciting one for me personally is having a more malleable file for post processing.

I don't suspect it's going to vastly change the charactistics of that "NX1 look" and I could only guess sharpness and detail are going to be more pronounced, which I'm not certain is good for filmic, but I'd rather have it and take it away than try to restore what's not there. It would be nice to see smoother gradients, less artifacts and macroblocking too. As far as noise, I'd rather let Neat Video handle that than Samsung. 

I'm hoping edge fringing or chromatic aberrations are lessened as well. In my opinion it's this that makes something appear video-ish the most. Little in our real environment is ever "outlined" and I currently dread shooting trees against a sky in the background because of it. 

8 minutes ago, kidzrevil said:

@Matthew Hartman @Kisaha my apologies. I was merely thinking that when someone makes a grand claim such as having made a breakthrough like RAW video support the burden of proof falls in the hands of the poster. Providing some kind of proof beyond a jpg wouldn’t be considered an act of aggression. Obviously I was wrong. I apologize if I offended anyone and I will take the users age and any of the other posters age in mind when faced with other claims as grand as this one.

Stand up response. Your humility with this is downright inspirational. 

You know what could be cool though... but probably damn near impossible... to open up a GX85 and a BMPCC and replace all the parts except for the IBIS... so a Pocket cam inside a GX85 body... @BTM_Pix I nominate you for the task. Good luck and let me know when it’s done. 

• Super Members
26 minutes ago, mercer said:

You know what could be cool though... but probably damn near impossible... to open up a GX85 and a BMPCC and replace all the parts except for the IBIS... so a Pocket cam inside a GX85 body... @BTM_Pix I nominate you for the task. Good luck and let me know when it’s done. 

You say that like I haven't already tried it. ;)

photo-_7_.thumb.jpg.0e042d0ed530a66936878cb5297dcfdc.jpg

I can give you a mic input on the GX80/85 if you want though.

@Arikhan "Everybody knows that things are simply impossible until somebody, who does not know that, makes them possible." - Einstein.

No problem in releasing the hack, all the responsibilities assumed by those who install it (like Magic Lantern).
I wonder if it would be helpful to move the discussion to the original topic "Petition for Samsung NX1 hack.

At this point I think it is possible to get 50fps or 100fps 1080p raw?
Do you get a frame reading with global shutter?

5 hours ago, Arikhan said:

Full ACK - no problem. I can do with my cameras whatever I want.

But problems could begin when making it public...:confused: There are some hardware modifications (at least at the moment) too...So...But that's what I told you at the very beginning. I said: "I opened the box"...

Workflow is as simple as I said when revealing the properties of the screenshot: It's a workflow @Mattias Burling shared on YT in 2014. Nothing new there. It's a common DNG workflow. 

Nice, looking forward to seeing it! If it's good I'll probably re-buy the NX1.

I don't think you would face legal problems in this regard unless you resell it. For example if you bought NX1's, made a hardware modification and then sold them for profit then you might be in legal trouble. But even then Samsung is no longer selling the camera, they cannot claim lost revenue from your actions. If your telling people how to modify the hardware, you shouldnt face any legal ramifications. 

1 hour ago, Geoff CB said:

Nice, looking forward to seeing it! If it's good I'll probably re-buy the NX1.

If it's good (and NX1's dynamic range is far better than 5Dm3), the prices might go the way of anamorphic lenses. 

9 hours ago, Pavel Mašek said:

I am sorry to say that but frame you have provided looks like heavily compressed and oversharpened H265. I really hope that real RAW sample is much better than this. 

No necessity to be sorry...It's your first impression / personal preference.

Please consider the used lens. When putting this Zeiss on any other camera without AA filter and a high MP count and stop it down, I'm sure you would say the same. That's what this lens is used for: top resolution/detailed landscapes, architecture, etc. And - depending on your personal preferences/expectations - you could every time apply an unsharp/blur mask to the footage in post. But: As I said at the beginning of my claims, I use the NX1 at this time mostly for product and architecture photography and videography up to ISO 200 max. For every use case, where I need insane detail...It's just my personal preference these days...

4 hours ago, lucabutera said:

At this point I think it is possible to get 50fps or 100fps 1080p raw?

Yes - (50fps | 1080p). The limits are: 1. Existing capabilities of the Samsung hardware and 2. Enough time to scrutinize this and do a workaround for it.

Just take a look at the excellent work of the "NX1-Hacker-group" here in this forum (Vasile & co): They got stunning results and very useful mods for NX users. I didn't take a closer look yet at their methodology and principles of work, but I could bet, this is not the end of story. The truth is, you just need much time to do this and most such called "hackers" (better use: skilled coders) are simply NOT interested in "hacking" cameras.

We NX-1 Allstars together again.  @vasile @lucabutera @kinoseed @Otto K all have experience and serious knowledge of this gear. Some have not been here for months but I bet they could be coaxed back with something exciting as this.

@Arikhan Would be be the Lebron James of the NX-1 community 

@Matthew Hartman would be the coach.   

@Andrew Reid would be the owner... perhaps ive gone too far with this.

@Juxx989 is really good at dreaming about possibilities with no tangible skills (people or technical)  

Lets GOOO!

• Super Members

@Juxx989 wrote......

We NX-1 Allstars together again.  @vasile @lucabutera @kinoseed @Otto K all have experience and serious knowledge of this gear. Some have not been here for months but I bet they could be coaxed back with something exciting as this.

@Arikhan Would be be the Lebron James of the NX-1 community 

@Matthew Hartman would be the coach.   

@Andrew Reid would be the owner... perhaps ive gone too far with this.

@Juxx989 is really good at dreaming about possibilities with no tangible skills (people or technical)  

Lets GOOO!

And you never know, if @Arikhan continues to uncover more things about this camera you may be able to call yourselves The Harlem Globalshutters