Anamorphic Lens-yclopedia.

Tito Ferradans

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I didnt get a PM, How do you send & receive PMs on this forum ?

I've sent PMs to many users (I think everyone in this thread has received one) asking them to fill the lens sheets.

I'll fill all the ones I've already had.

Please, take a little time for this, since I believe can be very useful to everybody! :)

Thats weird, I do not have an envelope icon at the top of site ??

The help says:

The personal messenger can be used to have private conversations with other members. To access it, select your username while logged in from the top corner of any page, and then press "Messenger".

When I select my user name all I get is the following six options

Something not right?

Thats weird, I do not have an envelope icon at the top of site ??

The help says:

The personal messenger can be used to have private conversations with other members. To access it, select your username while logged in from the top corner of any page, and then press "Messenger".

When I select my user name all I get is the following six options

Something not right?

Click here! See attachment.

post-28638-0-09359700-1368734594_thumb.p

There's definitely something wrong with your account JohnBarlow! I just tried to send you a message and there is no such option available!

Anyway, if you can go to the folder containing the files (link below), feel free to create copies of any file and modify it according to the lenses you know/have available. Can you do that? If you can't find your way around google docs, just list here the ones you can write about, and I'll create their files for you. :)

https://drive.google.com/#folders/0BzVcUB-5ReiZajVncE9rYU9heDQ

From yesterday to now, I've added about 15 lenses, as detailed as I could. In the list view, all the files that have stars beside their name are complete. In the preview, the ones with pictures are complete.

There are MANY lenses that don't have their files yet, but it's growing fast, I think. Please, ask other anamorphic shooters to collaborate. :P

It struck me while I was writing about the Iscomorphot 8/2x that perhaps there is a better way to do this. If you have ever been to over to Personal-View, each piece of gear has its own thread and the initial post includes info, photos, and video clips. If someone creates a duplicate topic, Vitaliy redirects people and closes it.

I think that what we need here is a sub-forum, similar to the way that 'GH2 Hack' is right now (maybe we can call the 'Anamorphic Directory' or something like that), and a dedicated moderator who can make sure that every known anamorphic lens has its own thread. Then forum members could update it with their own findings. It's all easily searchable, and it becomes a living, self-perpetuating database of anamorphic knowledge.

Yeah! That was kind of what I had in mind at the beginning, just didn't know already existed somewhere! Never been a big fan of Personal-View, more than once I've seen a thread go off-topic into some stupid argument between two or more members. :(

How do we do that? I guess talking to Andrew is necessary, right? hahaha

I think this "Anamorphic directory" must have a first pinned topic that only consists of a big table that contains the basic info we filled out but in one combined table. Just so that people could compare the anamorphics very easily and then when they are interested in one specific lens they can go into the lens' own topic.

OK I have reported the @fault@ to Andrew Reid

Back to topic----

I think it would be better to state the minimum focal length to achieve a 2.35:1 aspect ratio without vignetting/light fall off. This method uses a common parameter which takes account of all the various compression ratios otherwise its like comparing apples and pears

I think this "Anamorphic directory" must have a first pinned topic that only consists of a big table that contains the basic info we filled out but in one combined table. Just so that people could compare the anamorphics very easily and then when they are interested in one specific lens they can go into the lens' own topic.

I'm not so sure about everything in one topic, since if you need to update a particular lens, you'll have to do it twice: on its own topic and in the main topic mess. I think the one pinned thread must be the index, with links to all others. That way, anyone can open two or more different tabs with the specific lenses and compare them without much scrolling. :D

The first post of EVERY lens will be the standard table.

I think it would be better to state the minimum focal length to achieve a 2.35:1 aspect ratio without vignetting/light fall off. This method uses a common parameter which takes account of all the various compression ratios otherwise its like comparing apples and pears

Excellent. If optics are still determined by math, dividing the focal length required to cover full frame by 1.51 or 1.13 should do the trick for 2x and 1.5x stretches, respectively. I'll confirm this with testing and update the lenses we have already. :)

• 1 month later...

Hi Folks!   I'm new here.   I'm also new to anamorphics.

I just want to say thanks to Tito and everyone else for creating this resource.   This is an awesome help.

To date, I haven't purchased my first lens yet but I am actively seeking the right one (cheap of course).   Every time I see another I've not seen before I find myself digging for information.    Later when I'm no longer a rookie I'll contribute to the cause.

Again Thx! 

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Checked through the docs. I must congratulate you on this project, very good resource with the short info + images. Very handy. I see you've already added most info for the original Iscorama, so I didn't add the photos I had at hand. But perhaps I can contribute with the Ultrastar that lacked images and some info.

Anyway, here is a few shots that I took of my original Isco when Rich matched the color of my DSO lens with it. You can use this gallery and the images as you wish if you find them useful: http://imgur.com/a/562Vf