GH5S & Ninja Inferno DCI 4k 60fps 10bit stuttering/chopping

goranstein

21 hours ago, genXtechguy said:

FIXED!! ?  I just updated the firmware (v1.1) on my GH5s and tested it.  Smooth output via HDMI to the Atomos Inferno for DCI 4k at 60fps 10bit 4:2:2.  Nice Panasonic.  They didn't even take credit for the fix in their firmware documentation.  I guess they didn't want to admit to that one, but really Panasonic does work hard at trying to fix issues.  Happy customer.

Great!

Guess I will be purchasing an Atomos unit soon for my GH5.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Unfortunately I found another issue when recording in DCI C4K 60p 10bit 4:2:2 to the Inferno.  No stuttering, but I now get a red vertical line on the far right side of the recorded image.  This doesn't happen in the other frame rates (30 & 24) in DCI C4K.  Anyone else experience this?  I'm going to contact Atomos.

Did you get the red/pink-ish vertical line on the far right side of the screen (when recording in DCI C4K 60p 10bit 4:2:2)?  Atomos acknowledged it as an issue on their end and confirmed with me that it should be fixed in the next firmware update.  I'm just curious if anyone else sees it. 

• 4 months later...

Just an update to the red/pink vertical line issue (on far right side of screen).  I just updated to latest firmware on the GH5s (version 1.2).  There is still no update to the Inferno firmware (still on v8.5).  The issue is still alive and well in C4k 60p only.  Now I'm getting a little annoyed that this hasn't been fixed.  I was told by Atomos there would be a fix coming in the next firmware.  I'm now wondering if there will ever be another firmware update to the Inferno.

The only thing that might be delaying it is they were waiting to test it against the latest GH5s firmware (just came out yesterday).

6 minutes ago, genXtechguy said:

Just an update to the red/pink vertical line issue (on far right side of screen).  I just updated to latest firmware on the GH5s (version 1.2).  There is still no update to the Inferno firmware (still on v8.5).  The issue is still alive and well in C4k 60p only.  Now I'm getting a little annoyed that this hasn't been fixed.  I was told by Atomos there would be a fix coming in the next firmware.  I'm now wondering if there will ever be another firmware update to the Inferno.

The only thing that might be delaying it is they were waiting to test it against the latest GH5s firmware (just came out yesterday).

I hope it can be fixed man, there are also issues with X-T2/X-T3 including the signal level issue that affects most cameras. Atomos support hasn't been very responsive at all.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone with a Ninja V and a GH5s have this same issue?  DCI 4k 60p output with a vertical pink line on the right side of the screen which is recorded into the footage.  This has been an issue for a while with the Ninja Inferno and there doesn't look like there is going to be a fix from Atomos (despite them saying it would come in the next firmware update - many months ago).  I'm using their ultra expensive HDMI cable.

• 1 month later...

I have a GH5 (not the S) and just bought a Ninja Inferno but am having the same issue with not being able to output to 4k 60p 10 bit or all 4K DCI modes. Genuine Atomos cable shows "No Input" but two generic ones work but stutter and chop the recording into ~3-4 second files. 

On 3/20/2019 at 11:36 PM, Smesh said:

I have a GH5 (not the S) and just bought a Ninja Inferno but am having the same issue with not being able to output to 4k 60p 10 bit or all 4K DCI modes. Genuine Atomos cable shows "No Input" but two generic ones work but stutter and chop the recording into ~3-4 second files. 

Sounds like you have one of the older, HDMI 1.0 Atomos cables. The same happened to me — I didn't realise that there were two versions out there. The only Atomos cables rated for 50/60p are the current, $90 ones.

Also, regarding the GH5S stuttering issue in this thread, I am experiencing it even when recording 1080p at 29.97 to the Ninja Inferno. The same behaviour as described in previous posts — the occasional duplicated frame in place of the correct one — e.g. a sequence of four frames 1-2-3-4 is recorded as 1-2-2-4.

• 1 month later...