Sound Devices 633 vs Sonosax SX-R4+

DBounce

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
4 hours ago, IronFilm said:

But realistically an F8/F4/MixPre6 (if you don't mind the four channel limit when doing TC in the bag, but it *can* do TC)/MixPre10T could very likely have handled your needs just fine.  

That is very true. And if I had a F8 rather than a H6 I would not have been looking.

Just appreciate the inbuilt Ambient TC, four power options, locking connectors and intermediate size. I think the MixPre10T 

might be a bit larger ... although any of the aforementioned devices would have worked with a bit additional work. And I know that

the Kashmir preamps are stellar. 

Only question on the Zoom is that the limiters are in the digital domain ... SD limiters are analog and prior to the digital conversion

so potentially less chance of hitting a brick wall and distorting ... perhaps like overexposing and losing highlight information in video.

The cello has such dynamics it was a bit of a concern.

Bob

19 hours ago, docmoore said:

Just appreciate the inbuilt Ambient TC, four power options, locking connectors and intermediate size. I think the MixPre10T 

F8/F4 TC last all day long, isn't that enough?
Hirose and internal batteries, isn't that enough?
Locking connectors... such as BNC/Hirose/XLR?
Intermediate size.... ok got me there, going to take a mark off the F4/F8 for being "too small"? :-P ha

the Kashmir preamps are stellar. 

The F8/F4 pre amps are excellent too. 

Only question on the Zoom is that the limiters are in the digital domain ... SD limiters are analog and prior to the digital conversion

Don't automatically assume that analogue is the ONLY option and the only way to do it. 

After all Sonosax and Zaxcom don't use analogue limiters. Digital is the way of the future.