Your fav cam in Q1 2018

Emanuel

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

@Mark Romero 2 Haha!! Have run out of those too!!

@Emanuel The cameras we have are equally important with the ones we would like to buy, everyone has different needs, and thankfully we have great options these days (especially these days!) for every pocket, artistic ambition, or working tool ruggedness! 

I would like to mention here, that I just replied to the GH5S thread, and the brilliant @DaveAltizer comment about that fantastic camera. I am very much tempted, but I am playing the waiting game! I still hope for a Canon C100mkIII, as the C100mkII is the camera I have used most probably, but the GH5s is a very exciting tool (as exciting tools can be to us nerds!).

So, @jonpais is the A7iii your vote?! It was really tempting, but it is too soon I guess, I would like to see some stuff, and I am not yet convinced I want(or need) a full frame system. 

13 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

@Mark Romero 2 Haha!! Have run out of those too!!

@Emanuel The cameras we have are equally important with the ones we would like to buy, everyone has different needs, and thankfully we have great options these days (especially these days!) for every pocket, artistic ambition, or working tool ruggedness! 

I would like to mention here, that I just replied to the GH5S thread, and the brilliant @DaveAltizer comment about that fantastic camera. I am very much tempted, but I am playing the waiting game! I still hope for a Canon C100mkIII, as the C100mkII is the camera I have used most probably, but the GH5s is a very exciting tool (as exciting tools can be to us nerds!).

So, @jonpais is the A7iii your vote?! It was really tempting, but it is too soon I guess, I would like to see some stuff, and I am not yet convinced I want(or need) a full frame system. 

Waiting game... hehe Exactly my mood here. At least until NAB expecting Blackmagic and a7SIII entries but each day more centered on the new X-H1 toy and perhaps that GH5S too if nothing more interesting won't pop up in the meantime.

As you have noticed (big time I guess!), I am not convinced by the X-H1, maybe the X-T3 will bring a newer sensor and processor and fix most of the little issues, we have to at least see what the a7Siii brings to the table, the R and III are brilliant proposals - easily the most convincing Sony's for years, and of course Canonikon has to make a statement, they can't be left out of this race completely.

I wish the Fuji's were better, after NX, I thought they would be my next option, but they are not there yet, and I wish Sony did a pro APS-C camera. I am still trying to resist the full frame wave, because I love the APS-C (S35) aesthetics and practicality (with focal lengths, depth of field, light gathering, etc), the lenses have the right size and weight (not too small and light, not too big and heavy) and usually the price is a bit smaller as well (not always, but in primes and pancakes, usually is). 

I still have not seen anything I want more than my now aging A7s (first version).

I can not afford anything new now but if someone wants to give them to me I would take

Sony A9, A7Riii and A7iii

Panasonic GH5s

I would not knock back more than a few others but those are the ones I would pay for if I could (while STILL using my A7s).

Still have my eye set on the Ursa mini pro 4.6k, but also keeping a close and watchful eye on the 2018/2019 market.

So far (clearly and explicitly for me) I haven't seen anything else in the $3,000-$10,000 range with the kind of image/motion/DR I'm looking for, which for me is big right now. I'm not in love with the size of the ursa, but the image (which to me looks more like digital film rather than video) for the price really attracts me. 

Overall, it's not an easy decision. No one wants to end up stuck with buyer's remorse. At the same time, cameras improve all the time and will continue to do so cycle after cycle. At some point you just have to unplug from the constant update madness and work with what you have. 

6 hours ago, gt3rs said:

An affordable (renting would be better) HFR camera, ideally > 480 fps in FHD

Given that you are going Full Canon, you are never going to get > 480 fps in FHD from Canon.

From my point of view, the best thing for Affordable HFR (> 480fps) is probably RX10 mark 2 or RX100 mark 5.

That or you Twixtor the b!tch out of 60p or better - I'm sure you can do it with your 1DX2 with its 120p mode.