Show Us Your Best Video

OliKMIA

Hi. There are a lot of heated threads and arguments on this forum about technical details but what's the point if there is no creativity behind? We have many talented people here but wish I could see more of your actual work instead of all the useless "fights."

So, what's your best video? What is the project your are the most proud of?
Please post the link of your video with a few words about the gears and production.

I'd love to see what you guys do in real life and get some inspiration. Hopefully we can ask questions based on actual material instead of spec sheet. Cheers.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Here's my favourites - Both are 1 man productions. I did sound, lights, camera, editing, writing etc. for these. 1st one is my day job (the only thing I DIDN'T do for this was the voice over because it's for American audiences)

And this one I did while working my day job, as a little hobby and to learn more. The best way to learn is to teach right? This is 100% 1 man show.

24 minutes ago, OliKMIA said:

Very good. What did you do on this one? (grading, filming, gears used?)

Thanks! I *just* directed it. It was shot with two Alexa's with panavision C series lenses and also a kowa series occasionally. Cinematographer is a talented French fellow. Graded on resolve by someone much more talented than I am as well. 

I could show you, and then get ready for the impending lawsuits coming from a big tech company that has a boardroom full of lawyers.?

This is the suckiest part of creating content that's under strict NDA. I make a lot of corporate internal videos to help evangelize a product and prove out (POC) use cases and help drive a markerting message, never, ever to see the light of day in the public eye because it features technologies that are often not ready for prime time or never make it as a product at all.  

Not film related, (more motion graphics) but I am THE guy behind the "Windows Hello" smilely biometric authentication animation/concept, which has been released for a couple years now, so free to share.

If you understand how political tech companies are you'd get why having your work featured in a mass product like Windows is noteable and something to be proud of. I'm not narrasistic by any means, but I will take credit for this one. ?

I also have quite a bit of my work featured on the Xbox One UI/interactions. And you have me to thank or hate for a better keyboard experience on the system as opposed to the Xbox 360. But I digress. 

You have no idea how many people and departments that had to go through. All other designs failed hard and fast. I was hired to change that. 

This is why I'm switching gears and focusing on finding more narrative work in the free category for a few years and build up a public-facing reel. I'd like to be able to show my work to people other than those that live large on the water in Medina WA. ?

I do also edit, and the short will be released soon. I will share when that happens if the festivals allow.