Use EOS pro colour LUT for epic highlight roll off on GH5

Matt Holder

Hi Andrew - just thought I would throw in some feedback on success I have had with your GH5 Pro COlour LUT applied to natural colour profile base image. I am getting this beautiful creamy highlight roll off - when you switch it  on and off in FCPX you really see how harsh the highlight roll off is (and I protect my highlights when i shoot)   - Yes the LUT has a bit too much magenta but its easy to pull it out with FCPX new colour tools - especially the HUE / saturation curve which lets you isolate the range of colours you want to pull down. 

The images look really filmic.  I THINK it might be as much of an upgrade as going from the GH5 to the GH5s (which seems to handle roll off better) 

- so basically a cheap gh5s upgrade alternative. if you like.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I threw together a few  A and B samples - First shot in sequence is non lut, the next is the same shot with the EOSHD Pro colour lut  applied keep your eye on anything white or bright in the first version (windows, lights, concrete) 

- There just seems to be some real mojo going on to improve the " contrast flow " - without highlights / whites suddenly falling off a cliff.   Its the only characteristic of the GH5 I dont love - but the Gh5 Procolour lut seems to solve it.