Introducing the Canon 400000000D

Andrew Reid

• Administrators

Sure there are a lot of people like that.

And I see the potential buyer getting ripped off to be quite honest...

Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 13.44.49.png

These are the current cheapest new interchangeable lens cameras in the UK at WEX...

A reminder of all that the GX800 gives the customer, including 4K

https://www.panasonic.com/uk/consumer/cameras-camcorders/lumix-g-compact-system-cameras/dc-gx800.html

Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 13.45.12.png

Whereas the 1300D is practically 2008's low-end technology.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members

Ive told you two times already that I don't want to debate this with you. You can post whatever you like, I don't care. Ive never said you couldn't make fun of whatever you find funny.
But if you quote me and try to push your opinions on me as facts, just like you are doing in this very post, then I will reply because you are not the internet police.
There is an ignore function in the forum. Feel free to use it on me.

It's ten years next September since Canon's 18MP sensor was first introduced in the original 7D, and ten years this October since DIGIC4 showed up in the 50D. It'd almost be impressive how much longevity Canon have gotten out of those components, if not for the comparative lack of progress elsewhere since then.

On 2/22/2018 at 7:46 PM, ntblowz said:

The leaked 2000D feels like the proper successor to 1300D with 24MP sensor, the rest is the same though (same old Digic 4+ cpu)

The leaked specs have now been officially confirmed. Really can't understand the logic in pairing a new sensor with such an old CPU. It'd be like if Apple released a new Macbook with the latest graphics card, but a Core 2 Duo CPU.

"The entry-level model will launch for around £330/€380 body only, which would equate to somewhere around $385 without tax. That's the lowest launch price of any DSLR we can remember."

"The 4000D shares its body and viewfinder with its more expensive sibling (and previous cameras of this series), but relies on a version of the 18MP sensor first introduced nine years ago in the EOS 7D, and the Digic 4+ processor that made its debut in Canon's 2014 model-year compacts. The camera's rear display is a 2.7-inch LCD that we last encountered in 2011's EOS 1100D/Rebel T3."

"Finally, some kits of the camera will include the unstabilized 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 III first announced in February of 2011, although we're pretty sure the plastic lens mount is a first for a digital EOS."

"Still, we've not seen such aggressive corner cutting unit cost optimization since Sony's a3000 (which was seemingly made from upcycled yogurt containers), and can't think of a DSLR that has ever launched at a lower price."

A sensor from 2009, a processor from 2014 and a rear display from 2011 with a kit lens of that said year. 380euros for this thing is not cheap at all, and yes, the mount is plastic.

56 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

A sensor from 2009, a processor from 2014 and a rear display from 2011 with a kit lens of that said year. 380euros for this thing is not cheap at all, and yes, the mount is plastic.

Three points:

1) this isn't how the target market will see this camera

2) Canon is a company, and companies are interested in profit - not what people outside the target market say about products on the internet

3) Canon made a profit.....

10 minutes ago, kye said:

Three points:

1) this isn't how the target market will see this camera

2) Canon is a company, and companies are interested in profit - not what people outside the target market say about products on the internet

3) Canon made a profit.....

1) Canon hasn't made a profit yet, because it hasn't sell one yet

2) From the 11 lines, only 1 and a half is mine - summarizing the quotes, and still you preferred to comment on the 10% of the post.

3) Canon certainly makes profit, you are not Canon though.....

and one bonus for you. If it seems strange to you that people do talk about products on the internet, then you haven't been around the "internet" long enough.

4 hours ago, Kisaha said:

1) Canon hasn't made a profit yet, because it hasn't sell one yet

2) From the 11 lines, only 1 and a half is mine - summarizing the quotes, and still you preferred to comment on the 10% of the post.

3) Canon certainly makes profit, you are not Canon though.....

and one bonus for you. If it seems strange to you that people do talk about products on the internet, then you haven't been around the "internet" long enough.

Lol..  I didn't realise that you'd made a compilation!

In terms of "internet" this forum is much more like the internet that other people experience than the one I normally experience.  But that's mostly because I watch and listen to the people who are making content, not criticising it without contributing anything useful.  Casey Neistat said in one of his videos that the people who don't create don't get a vote, it's only the people who are out there and contributing that you should ever really care about.  It's easy to criticise, harder to create.

In much the same way that I don't go to drink at the pubs full of angry men swearing about how the world has screwed them, then getting drunk and fighting with each other, so to with the internet - but sadly it seems that the "internet" is present here, at least in part, some are also experts in both their field and civil human interaction :)

@kye the internet is everywhere, beware! 

I just quoted info about the camera, hardly my personal opinion, as these are hard facts.

Also, there are more than a dozen people "ridicule" the camera above, or just expressing their disappointment or dislike of this policy (put some leftovers together, and voila!), including the very creator of this very forum; I don't get why I had to be "attacked" personally! Until recently, there were non drunk people here.

8 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

@kye the internet is everywhere, beware! 

Indeed.

I just find it hilarious that in one thread people are criticising a camera based on specs, when simultaneously there are other threads where people are recommending cameras like the 1DC and C100 and saying "you can't judge these cameras based on specs" - they have a certain X-factor in their image, or another thread where a poll showed that the people on this forum put "Buttons/handling and build quality" as third out of almost a dozen options with most of the specs criticised above scoring far less votes.

I guess I should know better to expect to learn something useful from these threads - I thought they'd be people discussing the possibilities of a new camera, instead of trying to establish themselves as alpha males.  I'll butt out and leave everyone to whatever it is that this conversation is...

2 hours ago, kye said:

Indeed.

I just find it hilarious that in one thread people are criticising a camera based on specs, when simultaneously there are other threads where people are recommending cameras like the 1DC and C100 and saying "you can't judge these cameras based on specs" - they have a certain X-factor in their image, or another thread where a poll showed that the people on this forum put "Buttons/handling and build quality" as third out of almost a dozen options with most of the specs criticised above scoring far less votes.

I guess I should know better to expect to learn something useful from these threads - I thought they'd be people discussing the possibilities of a new camera, instead of trying to establish themselves as alpha males.  I'll butt out and leave everyone to whatever it is that this conversation is...

It is unfair to carry practices and differences from other threads that derailed big way, and still do; not productive and not worthy at all. This is "The truly independent voice on cameras. " (at the top of the main page) and it was like that until recently that people tried to control content.

C100mkII is one of my favorite cameras of all time (the other is the NX1, just saying..!), but it is a workhorse camera that pays bills. The one I work with most, works continuously (the company rents it as well) for probably 1500-2000 hours per year, and changing lenses unlimited times, and it still works as expected. I do not think that the specific camera we are discussing here will be mentioned in 3-5 years after its release (like the C100 does) in anyones list. Especially when the 1300D is 295euros (350euros kit and 440 with 2 lenses), the 750D and 200D between 490-520euros (110-140euros more) and there are a lot of very low priced offerings from the rest around that money with arguably a lot better photo and video experience.

In the end, there are only just cameras, I am pretty sure most we have better and more important things to do daily, but come back to ex-change opinions, views, experiences. It doesn't have to be a struggle. I'll butt out too (but I will be back, I hope you too!).