Sign in to follow this  
Calum MacPhail

9.7" Retina -Adafruit Qualia - DisplayPort Monitor - (ipad display for Mac and PC)

Built from Adafruit parts, this is a very high quality 9.7 inch display for PC or Mac, based on a Retina iPad Screen. Ideal for photographers, graphics designers, app and web designers and videographers, with its compact size, great colours and dynamic range.

This is a 2048x1536 retina, ultra-high pixel density, IPS display that can connect to any computer with a Thunderbolt/DisplayPort port. This product comes with a new 9.7" diagonal TFT display module (the same one used in the iPad 3 & 4), along with a custom made driver board, a wire monitor stand , 5M DisplayPort cable and 9V power adapter.

From the Adafruit Site:

"The driver board is a work of art (it was designed by resident engineer KTOWN) - and we use the really awesome LT3754 as a 12-channel constant current driver with individual backlight string channel control. This gives the backlight perfect consistency over any usage or temperature range. A ATtiny85 handles the backlight dimming and soft on/off, so you can PWM the backlight over a range to get the look you want.

Use as a main screen or even better, as a secondary monitor. Great for photo or video editing - you can use a large main monitor for frame-by-frame editing and then preview on the smaller side frame. Or keep your email or dashboard notifications on the side. Heck, web-devs will want to use it to preview what their sites will look like on a "Retina" display. The 9.7" screen is small enough to keep out of the way."

The main parts originally cost:

1 x LG LP097QX1 - iPad 3/4 Retina Display[ID:1751] = $99.95

1 x Qualia Bare Driver Board for LP097QX1 Display[ID:1716] = $79.95

And after adding the display port cable, stand and power supply (as well as shipping (30 dollars :( ), the total cost was well over £150.

I'm looking for £70, including UK postage. Shipping from Glasgow, Scotland.

Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have :)

Calum

20180220_155831.jpg

20180220_160007.jpg

20180220_160600.jpg

20180220_160812.jpg

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs