Sony a7 III discussion

GreekBeast

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

For HLG, Paul Leeming recommends setting zebras to 95+, Slog2 100+. I’ve been following his recommendation of 95+ for Cine2 and it works fine for me. These settings are all based on tests with the a7R III; he’ll be renting an a7 III shortly.

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 2:17 PM, jonpais said:

That is just freaking awesome. Thanks.

@Mark Romero 2 Since you shoot real estate, I would just get a Canon 1DX mark II and be done with it. This fellow produces awesome tutorials.

That was great.

I still think I would prefer to use an A7sii for that though.

While my A7s is dead, I have loaned my Canon 17 TS-E to a relative who does real estate videos for a developer to use with an A7sii.     Must find out how he is going with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Could anyone guide me to ze settings I need to have on my camera to monitor camera info externally on a monitor while recording internally at 4k? Is this even possible?. I'm using a SmallHD 702 and recording internally to 4K XAVC-100mbit. As soon as I hit record my camera screen goes off, which wouldn't be a problem if I I had my info/display on the monitor but it just doesnt happen.  I've tried this with an A7sII and still have the same result. Even with the SmallHD DP7 this doesn't work

A recent discussion about the low light performance of the Z6 led me to do my first test with the a7 III. I don't get invited to many campfires so I had to settle for the gloomy interior of my room. This was shot at ISO 8000, S-Log2, no color correction in post aside from pulling down shadows & mids and boosting saturation.

On 8/12/2018 at 6:07 AM, DaveAltizer said:

Post cropping. And also "being the best". I cant tell you how many comments I get when we don't shoot 4k. People say "WHY DONT YOU SHOOOT 4k YOU IDIOT!".

You should just uprez your 720p videos to 4K then upload! ? Bet 99% of them won't comment on it!

On 8/23/2018 at 4:17 PM, jonpais said:

@Mark Romero 2 Since you shoot real estate, I would just get a Canon 1DX mark II and be done with it.

The guy you linked to is someone who has been working with/for Devin Graham for years, so of course he is going to be biased towards Canon!

On 8/14/2018 at 4:07 AM, webrunner5 said:

I am sure probably this new Nikon FF mirrorless will be pretty good, probably great, but it will Not be 2000 bucks, and have all the bells and whistles that Really all work on their first try. They will have all the good stuff in the top end one that cost 3200 dollars or more.  But for the average DSLR shooter it will probably be all they have wanted or needed. It is the Video side of it that is still damn hard to make happen, even for Sony, at the lower price points. We want a C300 mk II for 2000 bucks, in a Sony A7 form factor! Maybe the BM PK4 might damn near be that without DPAF.

But both Canon and Nikon could surprise us.. I would certainly wait for the 23rd LoL.

We got surprised! The Nikon Z6 was sub $2K

Well, Canon didn't surprised, we all expected to be disappointed. They lived up to expectations.