Sony a7 III discussion

GreekBeast

How do people on here think this camera will affect others, I mean a 2k full frame camera with that set of features will surely impact the gh5/fuji xt1 etc. You will really really need the 10 bit, 4k 60 fps of the Gh5 to buy a camera with a minuscule sensor compared to this one. More so that in some case even in video it will be better like DR, auto focus and low light.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
3 hours ago, Arikhan said:

"Stripping"-issues in backlit situations...as mentionned here...third paragraph. Simply look at girls face - unbelievable...TIHS IS A SEVERE ISSUE!

OK, for people who don't shoot club/concert or any other backlit scenes, this is not a problem. But as I do it, it's a dealbreaker for me.

To you and everyone who cares about the minimum requirements I believe:

image.png.5525c95791d317730b216720237f7c59.png

2 hours ago, Inazuma said:

Unfortunately almost all mirrorless cameras exhibit some kind of issue with strong direct light sources, particularly those from m43 and fuji. I've noticed Sony and Samsung cameras to exhibit it the least. But it's one of the main reasons I always feel like going back to DSLR's. 

I've never noticed that with Panasonic or am I only a happy camper from unrelated shooting style?

2 hours ago, Danyyyel said:

How do people on here think this camera will affect others, I mean a 2k full frame camera with that set of features will surely impact the gh5/fuji xt1 etc. You will really really need the 10 bit, 4k 60 fps of the Gh5 to buy a camera with a minuscule sensor compared to this one. More so that in some case even in video it will be better like DR, auto focus and low light.

Minuscule...?! In my country we're used to say men do not measure to each other... Neither cameras!

BTW I am 183 / 6 feet tall :-D

In the A7S-III...Will Sony be bold enough to give us:

10bit internal recording?

If not 10bit internal, how about 10bit HDMI?

Unlimited recording time?

Full size HDMI port?

I think these are the biggest, burning questions. This will take a lot of guts on Sony's part.  I'm sure the XDCAM marketing and sales folks will privately HATE the A7s-III if they do give it all of this above. 

NAB 2018!!

15 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

People who shoot epic backyard flower/park tests in daylight, don't have to care about these issues at all. And at the end of the day, Sony and its henchmen will declare this "phenomenon" as feature and call people mentionning this absurdity as haters. So...

1 hour ago, Emanuel said:

image.png.5525c95791d317730b216720237f7c59.png

I've never noticed that with Panasonic or am I only a happy camper from unrelated shooting style?

Can't believe that one still happening with the latest camera, I had that on some of my Sony photos but haven't seen one on my Panasonic cams yet

16 minutes ago, ntblowz said:

Can't believe that one still happening with the latest camera, I had that on some of my Sony photos but haven't seen one on my Panasonic cams yet

The difference I think is not being mirrorless but having pdaf on the sensor, which the Sony have while the Pana don't. I remember Nikon saying that they would not use on sensor pdaf oon its Dslr because it could create artifact and that they were not prepared to do any compromise on image quality. I thought it was BS, now I am more incline to believe them. But I still think they will use it in their future mirrorless cameras.

27 minutes ago, Danyyyel said:

The difference I think is not being mirrorless but having pdaf on the sensor, which the Sony have while the Pana don't. I remember Nikon saying that they would not use on sensor pdaf oon its Dslr because it could create artifact and that they were not prepared to do any compromise on image quality. I thought it was BS, now I am more incline to believe them. But I still think they will use it in their future mirrorless cameras.

And what about other PDAF cameras? Same issue?