GH5s, please only a notch better ...

Clovis

Hi all,

I really hope someone at Panasonic reads this.

If they can do [C4K] 4096x2160, 59.94p, 150Mbps (4:2:0 8-bit LongGOP) and [C4K] 4096x2160, 24.00p, 400Mbps (4:2:2 10-bit ALL-Intra),

would it be possible to do [C4K] 4096x2160, 25.00p, 400Mbps (4:2:2 10-bit ALL-Intra) ?

C'mon, 1 tiny little frame more ...

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 minutes ago, jonpais said:

25p and 30p are frame rates for television so I don’t see Panasonic including them in a cinema format.

Is silly though, as shooting say 30fps can give a nice subtle slow motion effect to some shots once slowed down to the base frame rate. 

If the camera was capable of higher frame rates, it would be nice to have it. 

Very true jagnje.

Yes, indeed living in a PAL-country.

It is just that the combo 400Mbps, 4:2:2 10-bit ALL-Intra (very appealing as a codec) and 25p in [C4K] 4096x2160 isn't available on the GH5s, even though I think it could be possible.

It should be included in a next firmware update.

13 hours ago, jagnje said:

yes, but to the regard of the electrical current frequency. US has a 60Hz electrical current, while most of the EU uses 50Hz. 24, 48, 60fps sync with 60Hz to avoid flicker in US , while the EU as you may gues uses 25, 50 fps to avoid flicker in 50Hz.

A solution is to use the flicker free program in premiere, it is really good, you will remove all the flicker in a few seconds.....since I doubt 25p and 30p will be included in the near future...for Audit sync it is more work, but anyway doable...