Panasonic announce 8K Global Shutter Organic sensor

ntblowz

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

With the technology, it is possible to capture images at 8K resolution, even in high contrast scenes, such as a field under strong sunlight and shaded spectator seats under a stadium roof. Moreover, by utilizing the global shutter function that enables simultaneous image capture by all pixels, it is expected to be able to capture moving objects instantaneously without distortion, be utilized for multi viewpoint cameras (performing multi-view synchronized imaging using plural cameras) and used in fields requiring high-speed and high-resolution, such as machine vision and ITS monitoring. In addition, conventionally, even in scenes where it was necessary to utilize different ND filters [2] according to capturing conditions, the technology realizes a new electronically-controlled variable ND filter function which enables stepless adjustment of the OPF sensitivity [3] merely by controlling the voltage applied to the OPF.
The new technology has the following advantages.

The ND filter function can be realized steplessly by controlling the voltage applied to the OPF.

This interests me even more than the 8K

• Super Members
4 hours ago, ntblowz said:

Wonder when is it gonna be commercially available

"With the technology, it is possible to capture images at 8K resolution, even in high contrast scenes, such as a field under strong sunlight and shaded spectator seats under a stadium roof."

The example Panasonic gave in that line is very likely a hint that it'll be the 24th. of July 2020 as if this render is accurate then they'll need it for the back straight  ;) 

14512967851451296823l.jpg.2f707424c15324220439afcbbc880453.jpg

5 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

This is starting to become a boy crying wolf. The "organic sensor" has been just around the corner for as long as m4/3 has existed. Common Many, when are we going to get to try it out?

I bet that since it’s organic, it is not really feasible, especially for the future cause it biodegrades like compost :oD

• Super Members
56 minutes ago, mkabi said:

I bet that since it’s organic, it is not really feasible, especially for the future cause it biodegrades like compost :oD

Or maybe it grows like an organism. It was born ten years ago and isnt ready for the spot light until its sweet sixteen.

I guess then it runs on batteries as well as water and a mixture of protein, fat and carbs. I wonder if its vegetarian?

1 hour ago, Mattias Burling said:

Or maybe it grows like an organism. It was born ten years ago and isnt ready for the spot light until its sweet sixteen.

I guess then it runs on batteries as well as water and a mixture of protein, fat and carbs. I wonder if its vegetarian?

Better yet. It literally is a little being that is learning how to paint a picture.... currently everything looks like finger paintings... eventually you get to choose creative styles like Van Gogh or Picasso. Can’t wait for the little guy to learn Orogamy so it throws out next level 3D projects :oD

23 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

"With the technology, it is possible to capture images at 8K resolution, even in high contrast scenes, such as a field under strong sunlight and shaded spectator seats under a stadium roof."

The example Panasonic gave in that line is very likely a hint that it'll be the 24th. of July 2020 as if this render is accurate then they'll need it for the back straight  ;) 

14512967851451296823l.jpg.2f707424c15324220439afcbbc880453.jpg

It’s amazing tech, but in that image it looks surreal. Human eyeballs do not see like that. We have to choose which to expose for, highlights or shadows. Then our pupils adjust to the subject.

I love the option, but it’s something we will need to learn to use.

Yep, HDR is easily overcooked.  I learned a long time ago to be always at the other end of the blend slider, like maybe 13%, maybe as a max.

Anywho, I sincerely hope this technology comes out good, not super rushed out.

12 hours ago, DBounce said:

It’s amazing tech, but in that image it looks surreal. Human eyeballs do not see like that. We have to choose which to expose for, highlights or shadows. Then our pupils adjust to the subject.

I love the option, but it’s something we will need to learn to use.