Sound Devices has acquired Audio Ltd!!

IronFilm

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Yes, indeed. Obviously they go after Zaxcom, which is one stop shop for professionals. Go to Zaxcom, buy everything you need, pay a significant premium for the convenience.

The next generation of SD will be very interesting, I am not sure how accessible would be to low sound incomers like us! For bigger markets, they could provide good alternative to Zaxcom, or Lectrosonics wireless. Usually now top professionals go Zaxcom, or SD and Lectros option, SD will try to cut sales from both. To be honest, it does only make sense to have all the control you need from a single device, recorder/wireless controller of everything.

2 hours ago, Kisaha said:

The next generation of SD will be very interesting, I am not sure how accessible would be to low sound incomers like us!

Fingers crossed my next recorder will be a next generation Sound Devices 600 series recorder. 

2 hours ago, Kisaha said:

Yes, indeed. Obviously they go after Zaxcom, which is one stop shop for professionals. Go to Zaxcom, buy everything you need, pay a significant premium for the convenience.

Significant premium? I think Zaxcom prices are quite comparable to other recorders or wireless at their level. 

43 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

Fingers crossed my next recorder will be a next generation Sound Devices 600 series recorder. 

Significant premium? I think Zaxcom prices are quite comparable to other recorders or wireless at their level. 

Hope you make it, if they incorporated wireless build in would be close to the 10.000euro range for 4 XLR inputs.

In Europe Zaxcom is very expensive. Even Sound Devices is a lot more expensive than US. I do not follow NZ prices, and here ordering from US is not an option (taxes+custom fees).

13 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

Hope you make it, if they incorporated wireless build in would be close to the 10.000euro range for 4 XLR inputs.

A fully loaded Zaxcom Nomad is just over six thousand USD:

https://www.trewaudio.com/product/zaxcom-nomad-audio-mixerrecorder/

I reckon it would be cheaper than 10K euro

14 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

(taxes+custom fees).

Ways around exist ;-)

To go a little off topic to the Zaxcom vs Lectrosonics court case (they haven't even decided yet where to hear the case! That decision on the location is still months away. What a waste), I read an amusing comment on jwsoundgroup:

Kind of funny that the company that didn't have wireless products till 2001 is suing the company the had them in 1975.

• 1 month later...