Will we ever see the LX200?

Turboguard

Been trying to keep up with rumors and such but work and life is getting in the way. Over the course of 2017 I kept reading online how the LX200 was in the works based on tons of “leaks”. But it’s mid Feb 2018 now and Panasonic just announced DC-GX9 and LZ200 as point and shoot but no LX200. Should I just give up waiting and just start looking into something else?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Tbh, I haven't given my LX100 much love since the GX80 came around and can be paired up with a small zoom or prime. It's hard to distinguish one from another...

XfjcWyP.jpg

That 12-32mm doesn't have a focus ring though, that's so weird, I keep turning it to focus and of course it zooms. xD It's mostly used with the Panaleica 15mm f/1.7 anyways. So, that's more for quick around the house kind of shots. Otherwise, for a compact carry around streetshooter cam to always have with you, the Ricoh GRII is one to watch. That's not too say that given a bunch of improvements the LX200 couldn't rock. The RX100M5 and G1X Mark III aren't really my thing. YouTube crowd loves the G7X series for vlogging. If they could make the LX200 with a vari-angle/frontfacing screen and a headphone jack, they could have a winner.

• Administrators

I never could understand how Panasonic made any money on the LX100 - packed in so much good stuff for so little money, in a genuinely high-end miniature body.

I want to see a sequel!!

Make it a bit more expensive if that means difference between it existing or not.

Make it have the high-frame rates and low light of GH5... No crippling of the video side. RX100 V is tough competition.

Panasonic have all in hand to make a very good LX200 (I have the LX100) - improve a little the lens (tad sharper), same range / aperture, use the 20mp sensor to get a 15/16mp photo image, improve a little in controls (anybody ever used the iA  and filter buttons?) and it will sell lot hotcakes. Even with the GX9 specs.