I lost my GH5! - Please help answer this!

Charlie

1 hour ago, Kisaha said:

I would never risk to loose my equipment to drink! and I did a lot of pub crawling in my time, in Midlands, the greater Manchester area, and Edinburgh! But when I had equipment with me, I never lost control, and in times I was carrying 2-3 cameras early in the morning in dodgy streets after really crazy parties and events.

Congratulations for your find though, that would be the best day of your life, for sure!

If you sell the GH5/booster and the a6000 I am 80% positive that you could find a used Sii.

To be honest I rarely drink and I NEVER take my equipment out if I do, just totally forgot where I hid my camera!!! hahahahah

Already cancelled the A6000

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
17 minutes ago, Charlie said:

To be honest I rarely drink and I NEVER take my equipment out if I do, just totally forgot where I hid my camera!!! hahahahah

Already cancelled the A6000

I assumed that a Brit in Alicante could be having one too many drinks, too often! I forgot things myself all the time, but my camera bags are big, difficult to hide them! I am glad there was a happy ending to your - almost - tragedy! 

I see that new A7sii go for less than 2000 on Ebay (European seller). There should be an imminent A7siii release that will bring the prices further down, but 1900euros for a new A7sII is a bargain already. You paid more for your GH5/speedbooster.

7 hours ago, Mark Romero 2 said:

No mic jack, but sony makes shotgun mics that plug into the hotshoe. Don't know if that matters to you or not.

Sony's wireless (Sony UWP-D11) can also work with the smart shoe of a Sony camera. 

5 hours ago, Charlie said:

Guess what folks......I FOUND MY GH5 AND ALL MY ZEISS LENSES!!!!!! :grin::grin:

Here's the story.....last week I got incredibly hammered in many bars!!!!!

Been there.... done that!  :-( 

Luckily all I lost was a Panasonic GX1 + a 14mm pancake lens 

Broken a couple of Fujifilm XQ1 / XF1 point and shoot cameras as well while out drinking :-( 

6 hours ago, Kisaha said:

I assumed that a Brit in Alicante could be having one too many drinks, too often! I forgot things myself all the time, but my camera bags are big, difficult to hide them! I am glad there was a happy ending to your - almost - tragedy! 

I see that new A7sii go for less than 2000 on Ebay (European seller). There should be an imminent A7siii release that will bring the prices further down, but 1900euros for a new A7sII is a bargain already. You paid more for your GH5/speedbooster.

I'll wait until the A7SIII officially comes out then will look at the prices of the A7SII.

Work is very slow right now!!.....Cant afford a loaf of bread to feed my 12 illegitimate children :glasses: