DJI leaks

Emanuel

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
31 minutes ago, mkabi said:

Leaks? Looks like some random person's concept art and dreams for what will come next from DJI.

Well, the same guy had "guessed" the Air model earlier than their announcement (last January 23). Tell me where to order his Crystal ball please ;-)

28 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

The most interesting tweet was that:

OsitaLV

@OsitaLV

·

7 Φεβ

Believe it or not, I've never had any girlfriend. It's weird for a 30-year-old man

LOL Yeah, I read that : ) The guy seems to me some DJI employee or connected with. It is too much DJI love from his tweets.

I seem to remember this guy has a pretty good track record in terms of predictions...

More to the point, I like what he is saying about the Mavic Pro ii, so I am happy to believe him.

Basically a P4P camera in a Mavic (slightly heavier and more expensive.)

Sounds great in my opinion.

Actually the Mavic Pro is pretty much perfect for me apart from the camera (by which I mean sensor.) Easily the best toy I have bought since the original iphone.

@Emanuel Yep, also the girl he was "chasing" for 2 years, she is getting married!

I have met a few Chinese students back at Uni, and I did a couple of documentaries with Chinese, They have a different approach than us! Total respect to their attitude and nation. 

It seems like he has a DJI connection, maybe not employee per se, but definitely he is close to the company.

@Robert CollinsI like what he is saying about the Mavic Pro II, too! I hold my horses for a couple of years now. The Mavic Pro form factor is just brilliant, but the camera is not. I hope this year we will have it all. 1" camera and the smaller form factor. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Robert Collins said:

DJI reduced the size of the sensor from 1' to 1/1.7

:( bummer! 

Boy, I'm glad I didn't sell my Mavic yet. Was almost going to do a fire sale on it...but I'll keep it for now and maybe just get than Phantom 5 with the interchange lens. 

15 hours ago, salim said:

:( bummer! 

Boy, I'm glad I didn't sell my Mavic yet. Was almost going to do a fire sale on it...but I'll keep it for now and maybe just get than Phantom 5 with the interchange lens. 

But didn’t they said it is customised for a specific company not for consumer product? 

Plus the size of phantom 5 is too big to travel, mavic strike the perfect balance of travel and doesn’t look like toy compare to mavic air 

• 2 months later...

Well I upgraded my Mavic Pro to P4 Advanced with recent specials and after hearing Mavic 2 only have 1/1.7" sensor, the image quality difference in low light is pretty big and so as as shooting 50P which mavic quality is really bad.

Some more rumors and leaks from the last couple of days...

Mavic Pro II is pretty imminent - with a press event expected on July 18th. (Probably makes sense given Parrot/Autel releases.)

Most likely specs seem...

Better battery life, better gimbal, better warning sensors

1/(1.7) sensor

4k/60p

Better codec.

Variable aperture

Higher price (US$1299)

(Ositalv is still talking about having more than one model with a higher end 1" as well.)

• 1 month later...

Product shortage is a very plausible reason, if you think about it. If there is an official announcement and that product is sold out, DJI will lose revenue. But if there is only rumors, many buyers will continue to buy their existing product. 

So no reason to announce anything that will cannibalize their revenues when enough of it is not produced to meet demands.   Of course very possible there might be some QA issues and DJI does not want to risk their brand and spending more money with recalls and repairs.

• 1 year later...

New DJI 'toys' coming soon...

One of them is already tomorrow for US$400... Under 250g for 2.7K video

image.thumb.png.ad0d369dbb439d93886ee41845cb1500.png

https://dronedj.com/2019/10/28/dji-mavic-mini-photos-appear-online/

https://dronedj.com/2019/10/28/ultra-light-dji-mavic-mini-video-review/

Seems Mavic 3 is on the corner for the end of January...

https://dronedj.com/2019/10/11/dji-mavic-3-rumored-release-january-2020/

image.thumb.png.b5b94667de7b07d2f641ff8f25b9303e.png

And Osmo Pocket on the 1" sensor side...

Too bad over in most European countries the 250gr argument goes straight out of the window once it's recording video. smh Would've been nice to be able to say fuck you to all the regulations and requirements which they've gone overboard with. Though, of course, there's still some rules to adhere to... just would've been way less fuzz.