Story of an Outdoor Photographer (Sony A6500 documentary)

Eaglewood Films

“Anyone can photograph nature”, a fashion photographer once said. “You just have to wait for the right light!” I disagree. In my opinion, there's more to that than meets the eye. This is the story of Latvian outdoor lifestyle photographer Filips Baumanis.

This is me attempting story-driven filmmaking for the first time, as previously I've mostly done landscape and travel content (a seen on www.eaglewoodfilms.com). Shot on the trusty Sony A6500 and Phantom 4 Pro for aerials. Did all the shooting, editing, grading and sound design myself.

Comments? Feedback? Fire away!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Nice work man. Makes me want to go to Latvia you showed it well.

For feedback I'd say this: the jump cut at 2:40 was my favorite part and I think that cut hinted at connecting the separate places Filips is exploring in a really effective way. You did a couple examples of cutting on matching action throughout the film (mostly putting wood in and out of the car and chopping) but I think you could push more of these cuts like the one of him jumping. I think that told the story best. Keep it up.