Fuji X-H1. IBIS, Phase Detect 4K beast?

Dave Maze

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

There's a Facebook group where multiple photographers have managed to get 1000+ shots out of 1 battery. Perhaps if you set up the camera properly, it's not that big of thing. Personally I haven't shot so much yet to confirm that. 

23 hours ago, Vladimir said:

here is video that made my mind about x-h1 ibis:

and a comparsion with a7r3 where's a difference pronounced even more: 

I have seen someone saying there's only 40mbit/s for 120fps.

please can someone who already own x-h1 at hand confirm this? I wonder if this is a case for in-camera slowed down footage ( and then its kinda make a sense: 40 * (120/24) = 200)

Honestly are these 2 tests meaningful to you? do you always film in the go with 2 cameras in the hand? ... when I read this I think that some of you are filming as a hobby. If I walk around with a camera as if I have a chill then nothing good can come out. There are enough videos on the net where all the reviews are "not" visible. And if I then read "Deal Maker to a Deal Breaker" because of the best ibis currently ... oh god you (BTM_Pix) have real problems: -) ... but you do not photograph with xh-1 (x-t2)?
Not every camera is suitable for everyone, I think .. ;-)

hope I understood you correctly 

Well about the 120 slo mo. No luck trying to find the Codec spec at that speed.

Fuji X-H1 Slow Motion Performance:

Based on the samples below the camera can do very good 120fps Full HD slow motion but it suffers from severe moire and aliasing that is visible in most shots. Be it the X-Trans sensor pattern or processing from a less than optimal sensor down-sample, the X-H1 is not going to be competitive with the GH5, G9, GH5s, a7r III, a9 and even the discontinued Samsung NX1. Noise also seems to be a problem in slow motion settings generating ample amounts of shadow artifacts.

It is from this article.

http://www.hispeedcams.com/fuji-x-h1-aims-compete-pro-video/

• Super Members
1 hour ago, Prandi said:

And if I then read "Deal Maker to a Deal Breaker" because of the best ibis currently oh god you (BTM_Pix) have real problems: -) ... but you do not photograph with xh-1 (x-t2)?
Not every camera is suitable for everyone, I think .. ;-)

hope I understood you correctly 

EDIT>>>>>

I'm trying to be less argumentative so I've deleted my original response to this but suffice to say that you couldn't have missed the point of my posts more if it they'd been written in invisible ink.

I do hope you can see the irony in your offering the sage advice that 'not every camera is for everyone' immediately after criticising someone for explaining exactly why - in its current form - that camera isn't right for them though.

<<<<< EDIT

I will bring out this video again to show the IBIS is pretty ok when you know its limits.

Slo mo looks good to me and only slight moire on the scene with buildings.

I also tested today Samyang 14mm T3.1 in low light and IBIS works superb with wide angle. Handheld of course.

This is SOOC F-log ISO3200.

On 3/27/2018 at 3:01 PM, wa666ou said:

This video concludes some clue of my thinking about "color science"... isn't it actually some sort of predefined color grading? Above of all questions about Fuji I was/am interested (of course) in phenomenon of its unique color. So, after inspecting samples, I think that, roughly speaking, there's always some color amplification/saturation precisely at the areas of color and tones around spectre of lighter complexion skin - and, proportionally, muted color in darker or equally precisely predefined color-oposite areas... That's make impression of pop-ing humans from background - as it were always made secondary corrections involving just that areas of color... When in the scene there's no similar distribution of tonal contrast, for my eye at least Fuji lose its distinctive uniqueness of "look" - to the level that low light scene are least distinguishable from comparative shots of other cameras... Especially in this example, it could be nicely seen (I think) because of many changing light conditions where "secondary-corecting-favorized" area disapeared. Moreover, here we have competing area of similar or identical color in background, so pop-ing impression is lowered... In a word: I came to (maybe interesting or bizarre) conclusion - that Fuji's subtle-contrasting color science is tempered as with the role-model of some prominent Pre-Raphaelite painters in mind, with similar technique used for making impression of slightly inner illumination: Edward Burn Jones before all...

2-love-among-the-ruins-edward-burne-jones.jpg

2the-dream-of-lancelot-edward-burne-jones.jpg

2_edward-burne-jones-1898-the-sleep-of.jpg

@anonim bingo. Thats all color science is ! Its a preset color scheme that will either emphasize the real colors (sony,panasonic) or the manufacturer will pick a more pleasing color palette (canon,fuji). How the camera sees color sucks in comparison to how we remember color. Thats why people tend to like fuji and canon better cause they emphasize memory colors (skin,sky,grass) instead of technically correct color.

love those painting you posted. Fine artists were the original color scientist

@kidzrevil

Very likely... but it opens, I think, some other relevant topics for thinking and discussion... One could be, maybe: how similar - or, quite contrary, maybe in fact not - are Canon's and Fuji's color schemes... or, maybe it has to be firstly defined what is "pleasing" and if that notion could be universally accepted, etc.

Actually, I'd like so much if here could be more discussions or reviews about personal analytic observations of that kind... how and why someone find some color scheme being more "cinematic", what concrete details and aspects find distinctive or so... in other words, I'm here interesting for learning and widening my perception.

Personally, although actually I'm in love with colors in general so equally positively curious for every choice of manufacturer's contribution  - I'm little bit struggling with application of Fuji's chosen color scheme for longer shots... as with too long exposure to intensive  beauty of Burn-Jones canvases :)

BTW very interesting sentence - "How the camera sees color sucks in comparison to how we remember color" - I'll think about that formulation.

@anonim google & kindle has great books on color science. Im reading one on theory of color that states that color is subjective. You will be fooling yourself into thinking you can spot the difference between fire truck red and ferrari red because our brains process colors different while cameras process color roughly the same. What we are seeing when we look at Canon color is a masterful colors at various hues,luminance and saturation levels that look subjectively pleasing in certain combinations. Its a very interesting study to get into, you’ll start to see that cameras having “bad color” or “good color” is way too subjective to even care sometimes lol

@kidzrevil

Yes, I'm approaching that "problem" from the side of history of art - for a pretty long time studying works, reading (and writing) essays about painters and their oeuvres...

BTW From my little theory about Fuji's color scheme should be such outcome - that usual subjects of your signature shots will not be so beneficially distinctive in rendering because of darker skin tones.

4 hours ago, jonpais said:

Re: the 1st video - any video shot in slo-mo with one-second clips would look as good, IBIS or no IBIS. The second video is too short to make any determinations  one way or the other.

But... See how you've pretty much pointed out from this edit style why a 15 min. Record limit is plenty for his videos. Watch any movie, tv series, music video... Literally count the seconds between angle changes.... And you will see that second to micro-second scene changes is the norm.

However... I also understand that for less controlled situations like events and sports.... Not very ideal.

1 hour ago, mkabi said:

But... See how you've pretty much pointed out from this edit style why a 15 min. Record limit is plenty for his videos. Watch any movie, tv series, music video... Literally count the seconds between angle changes.... And you will see that second to micro-second scene changes is the norm.

However... I also understand that for less controlled situations like events and sports.... Not very ideal.

Yeah, for my own needs, I’ve never needed unlimited record time. I was just referring to the performance of the IBIS. Video looked fine though. ?

@webrunner5 this is absolutely gorgeous. Hands down some of the best sooc footage I’ve seen. Even as a starting point for a grade I can run wild with this ?

im going to wait a couple of months to see if I will pick this up as a 3rd body. Its a close call between this and the a6500. With the right profile the a6500 looks stunning but this Fuji footage has its own character ?

1 minute ago, kidzrevil said:

@webrunner5 this is absolutely gorgeous. Hands down some of the best sooc footage I’ve seen. Even as a starting point for a grade I can run wild with this ?

im going to wait a couple of months to see if I will pick this up as a 3rd body. Its a close call between this and the a6500. With the right profile the a6500 looks stunning but this Fuji footage has its own character ?

Yeah nobody is going to say Fuji doesn't have their Color Science right LoL.Even me. Jesus just too many good options out as of late. If you had some glass for one would be hard to turn it down. I am still not sold to start from scratch for a APSC system. And for Photo stuff I Need good AF. But I have no clue how good it is for that. I know in video it could be a lot better, but same with the GH5.