Fuji X-H1. IBIS, Phase Detect 4K beast?

Dave Maze

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
4 hours ago, jonpais said:

It looks like he was intentionally trying to make the Fuji look horrendous. 

Oh I will give you the fact that that is not a typical Fuji output. Because the X-H1 doesn't have the Exposure dial on top to bump out of place. I don't know, who does. But I will give the guy some slack as it its hard as hell to do a proper side by side and get it all right. But he should have seen it was pretty far off.

No Fuji looks that bad without an error of some kind. But it is a new camera, has to have some bugs in it.They are good with firmware updates just like Olympus.

8 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

Clearest sign yet that you're going all in on the Kinefinity, surely ? ;)

Hell I just about pass out when I look at the price of even Used Native lenses for the Sony A7s I just bought. Sure can't afford PL lenses, or even a Cine body to put them on! I am not going to ever make a dime on what I buy anymore, and on Social Security and 2 small pensions my buying anything I use to see are gone forever.

I will admit IF I was in the market for a Cine camera for the money I would Have to look into the Kinefinity lineup. The price is tempting, but man with the C200, and the EVA1 out, and used FS5, FS7's out there, Heck even used Reds in that range, I am sort of glad I Don't have the money LoL. With no real good track record I still am skeptical about them. I mean you just can't screw up in that kind of price range unless you have a budget from heck or are rich. Can you  get them anywhere to even rent?

And to make matters even worse my 93 year old mother fell down and broke her leg clean through, had to have plates put in it and looks like she will Never walk again. And if you can't walk you Can't go to the bathroom. That is a pretty big problem! And just got the word that insurance stopped paying for her stay in the Rest home she is in, they don't pay for very long and even less if there is no real hope for progress down the road, so there goes all her money, stocks, car and House. And me and my brother will probably get Zero inheritance. So kiss that goodby.

I am telling you guys this because if your parents are old, or if you are old and have a spouse, if you don't have this stuff, at least here in the USA all down in writing 5, yeah 5 years before this happens you are F ing screwed, They will take the house, and I mean right down to loosing every F ing penny of what you or your parents worked for all your life. The Government, Medicare, Takes it all. It cost at a minimum of 7 to 10 thousand dollars a Month to stay in a nursing home, rest home. what ever you want to call it. That is like $120,000.00 are damn year!! That is what it will cost for her where she is. And that is not the most expensive place there is by far. And you can't move any big money around after it happens because they do a 5 year super audit on their income to see if you tried to hide some big money. And by big i mean 2 thousand dollars or more. So you Ain't going to get shit if that person lives for 3, 4 years or more. I don't care if you are rich. The money Will be gone, all of it. So plan ahead, it is not if it will happen it is when and you know at the least we all die, but how quick do we do it. You CAN NOT wait till the last minute like me, and thousands of others do. It will be all pissed away. Crazy but true.

6 hours ago, Inazuma said:

@Yurolov where have you seen the IBIS being super jittery?? 

I just had another look at that video. It appears at least some of those clips were taken on different days. There are clouds in some of the Fuji clips, where its completely clear in Panasonic ones. And yeh, the Fuji looks overexposed. He may have knocked that exposure dial accidentally.

I just wanted exactly the same letter ... here one sometimes asks oneself

5 hours ago, jonpais said:

It looks like he was intentionally trying to make the Fuji look horrendous. 

Yes, that really looks like it

11 hours ago, Inazuma said:

Yeh like I said earlier, Panasonic colour these days is very life-like (particularly for scenery). My only complaint is that skin sometimes goes Trump-orange. 

Not sure if you've ever shot with Fuji's but I feel like you kind of have to have been there at the scene to appreciate what it's doing with colour. It's not always obvious with comparison videos. Like when I shot this NX1 vs XT2 video, plenty of people said they preferred the NX1, but when I was actually shooting it, it was clear that the XT2 was rendering things much closer to how the scene looked and felt. 

I stopped comparing the footage once I got to the part where a grown man plays in the water fountain. OMG. My sides are aching. ?

2 minutes ago, jonpais said:

The wide shots almost look like gimbal work. 

@webrunner5 holy shit I'm never moving to the US. Sorry to hear about all that! Sounds like you may have to give up the camera life. 

6 hours ago, Yurolov said:

Pretty much every video out there if there is some forward or backward motion you will see sudden jerks of the image to the left and right. It is all but unusable. 

I have seen it in walking shots but that's it. Link me to one where it happens without walking please. 

5 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

And to make matters even worse my 93 year old mother fell down and broke her leg clean through, had to have plates put in it and looks like she will Never walk again. And if you can't walk you Can't go to the bathroom. That is a pretty big problem! And just got the word that insurance stopped paying for her stay in the Rest home she is in, they don't pay for very long and even less if there is no real hope for progress down the road, so there goes all her money, stocks, car and House. And me and my brother will probably get Zero inheritance. So kiss that goodby.

I am telling you guys this because if your parents are old, or if you are old and have a spouse, if you don't have this stuff, at least here in the USA all down in writing 5, yeah 5 years before this happens you are F ing screwed, They will take the house, and I mean right down to loosing every F ing penny of what you or your parents worked for all your life. The Government, Medicare, Takes it all. It cost at a minimum of 7 to 10 thousand dollars a Month to stay in a nursing home, rest home. what ever you want to call it. That is like $120,000.00 are damn year!! That is what it will cost for her where she is. And that is not the most expensive place there is by far. And you can't move any big money around after it happens because they do a 5 year super audit on their income to see if you tried to hide some big money. And by big i mean 2 thousand dollars or more. So you Ain't going to get shit if that person lives for 3, 4 years or more. I don't care if you are rich. The money Will be gone, all of it. So plan ahead, it is not if it will happen it is when and you know at the least we all die, but how quick do we do it. You CAN NOT wait till the last minute like me, and thousands of others do. It will be all pissed away. Crazy but true.

Off topic but F* it...so sorry to hear man. I hope things work out for you and your family and that your story may function as a cautionary tale for others...

As a Dutchman, living in a country with strong social security for everyone (and without guns), things happening now in the (very wealthy) US are so bewildering to me.

• Super Members
2 hours ago, Timotheus said:

Off topic but F* it...so sorry to hear man. I hope things work out for you and your family and that your story may function as a cautionary tale for others...

As a Dutchman, living in a country with strong social security for everyone (and without guns), things happening now in the (very wealthy) US are so bewildering to me.

Yeah, sorry to hear that @webrunner5

We have similar but less Draconian (and less expensive) situation in the UK for anyone who needs care like that.

Price of the care homes has gone up 25% in the past five years whilst pensions have remained the same.

Good luck to you and yours

8 hours ago, Django said:

i like angry photographer but he knows zilt about video.. hell he's using a 80mm macro lens to do weird pans on buildings..?! 

anyways in my very brief testing of H1 yesterday, IBIS seemed really on point.

He doesn’t know anything about making photographs either. He knows gear and buying gear. I’d argue that you should be a good picture maker if you’re claiming authority on picture making tools. Otherwise you’re a technician. You understand mechanics but you don’t understand how design and making process should mesh together.

edit: Mattias beat me to it 

9 hours ago, Timotheus said:

Trust me, it's bewildering to many Americans as well. I won't get into political conversations here, so if anyone has a retort you will not get a follow up from me.

But we definitely need a good overall of our public policies in my country. Webrunner's story is not unlike many, many Americans. Statistics show that many Americans are roughly a paycheck away from total poverty and many go bankrupt with medical bills, even with having insurance.

I recently had a talk with my 13-year old son about what to do if some crazed individual comes to his school with a weapon. Not a conversation I ever imaged I'd have to have with my children. It's surreal. 

11 minutes ago, Castorp said:

He doesn’t know anything about making photographs either. He knows gear and buying gear. I’d argue that you should be a good picture maker if you’re claiming authority on picture making tools. Otherwise you’re a technician. You understand mechanics but you don’t understand how design and making process should mesh together.

edit: Mattias beat me to it 

There is a lot of those types... And, I get it... I know Engineers (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, etc.) who take up photography as a 'hobby', but instead of practicing photography they practice comparing spec sheets. Zooming in to pixel peep and complaining about DR... isn't really an art form (but thats just my opinion).