Fuji X-H1. IBIS, Phase Detect 4K beast?

Dave Maze

11 hours ago, kidzrevil said:

Does this downscale from 6k or higher to 4K like Sony a6300-a6500 ? 

5K to 4K downscaling, but same crop for 24p, 25p and 30p

Can't comment on 120p quality yet, will need some time to compare it to other cameras in this price range

1 hour ago, Andrew Reid said:

Has anyone found a way to quickly enter video mode or record a clips from within stills mode without the dreaded mode-dial lever thingy yet?

No. If there is enough feedback, Fuji might add it with a firmware update, but since they removed the video button going from the X-T1 to the X-T2 because people didn't want an video button, setting it with the mode dial has been the only option on both the X-T2 as well as the X-H1. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
32 minutes ago, Attila Bakos said:

Not looking good:

The videos you can find about X-H1 AF in video show the same results. Either everyone is doing it wrong or something is wrong with the AF of this body.

So it depends on the lens. Need to correct that in the next firmware update.

18 minutes ago, Attila Bakos said:

There is more to that. Even the 23mm looks better on the X-T2, it's noticably smoother.

But its the same sensor, may be the IBIS can be the culprit, but I still believe that they will be able to correct it with a firmware update.

1 hour ago, Emanuel said:

Color-wise SOOC, we know the beat... : D Now a different story as far as RS concerns ;-)

Colors wise the GH5s looks Way more realistic to me. Really looks like the Fuji is overexposed? Neither one of those profiles needs to be even graded as far as I know. You can grade anything, but I never did too much in Cine D.

5 hours ago, frontfocus said:

Has anyone found a way to quickly enter video mode or record a clips from within stills mode without the dreaded mode-dial lever thingy yet?

Sorry..

Such messages are not in order - provocative even ... 

if that's your only problem ..oh god

The dreaded mode dial lever on the h1 is bigger and quicker to use. So for a normal mobile finger has - no problem. He is not really good on T2. ;-)

2 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

Colors wise the GH5s looks Way more realistic to me. Really looks like the Fuji is overexposed? Neither one of those profiles needs to be even graded as far as I know. You can grade anything, but I never did too much in Cine D.

Yeh like I said earlier, Panasonic colour these days is very life-like (particularly for scenery). My only complaint is that skin sometimes goes Trump-orange. 

Not sure if you've ever shot with Fuji's but I feel like you kind of have to have been there at the scene to appreciate what it's doing with colour. It's not always obvious with comparison videos. Like when I shot this NX1 vs XT2 video, plenty of people said they preferred the NX1, but when I was actually shooting it, it was clear that the XT2 was rendering things much closer to how the scene looked and felt. 

Only Fuji I have ever had is a F20 P&S which I still use at times. Thing must be 15 years old. The Fuji shots to me looked way too white to be natural. I Lived in Florida for 12 years and I know what some of those business building look like. And my Monitor is calibrated, so to me they are overexposed and the GH5 looked pretty spot on..

But yeah maybe it is a compromise between the two. I have Never really liked the Fuji look, not even their Medium Format stuff. It to me is too over the top. They won't be getting my money anytime soon.

It is laughable that they made the autofocus worse using the same sensor. Even if they can improve it in a firmware update it just goes to show their own incompetency. I would not have said anything but for the fact that they advertised 4k face detect autofocus as a feature :grimace:

Not to mention the ibis is super jittery in video mode and all but unusable compared to the GH5.

For what it is, a stills camera, it is very good. But I would be loath to use it for anything but that. 

@Yurolov where have you seen the IBIS being super jittery?? 

2 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

And my Monitor is calibrated, so to me they are overexposed and the GH5 looked pretty spot on..

I just had another look at that video. It appears at least some of those clips were taken on different days. There are clouds in some of the Fuji clips, where its completely clear in Panasonic ones. And yeh, the Fuji looks overexposed. He may have knocked that exposure dial accidentally.