Fuji X-H1. IBIS, Phase Detect 4K beast?

Dave Maze

27 minutes ago, Matthew Hartman said:

So, unless you all want your assets frozen and a blue sky drone coming your direction I suggest you take particular favor with me. ? ?

(Well, to be honest, I have full three month experience with USA bombing people with especial uranium fill and other fireworks - actually, I participated in collecting traces of killed children by such generous USA treatment... Said story, of course not for this place and time.)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

@Tim Sewell

I beg mercy for this thread from angry serious lovers of straight lines! It must be that between Fuji users also have to be such that like to wandering and find unexpected views and inspirations!

Borrowing newest used vocabulary, I'll bring to mind that even in content of "letting off steam" actually (shockingly) resides arpeggio and potentially some base melody, of course not heard if you think straight about it just as shit-anticipation...

13 hours ago, anonim said:

(Well, to be honest, I have full three month experience with USA bombing people with especial uranium fill and other fireworks - actually, I participated in collecting traces of killed children by such generous USA treatment... Said story, of course not for this place and time.)

*That very moment when you eat a bag full of your own shat.*

Sorry Anonim. Even though I'm sure you know I was joking, seriously, I do not condone drone strikes, (nor does my daughter for the record) because they largely do not hit the desired target. I'm deeply sorry you had to experience this. 

With that out of the way, I'm done hijacking the thread. Back to Fuji. 

26 minutes ago, Yurolov said:

I dont like the luts pasted onto the log footage. Looks amateurish. 

Thanks for comment. Well, I don't know, I've just exploring examples and forwarded it. Obviously, mr Hüseyin Taskin love its look of, I'd say, muted gamma and less contrasty image without any loss of greatly resolve details. Maybe somebody else also find it interesting and make some more conclusion...

7 minutes ago, Alt Shoo said:

The xh1 is the first time I’ve ever considered buying a Fuji, but because it’s only 8bit I won’t get it. Everything for video is pretty awesome, especially the Eterna film simulation, however that 8 bit codec is just not persuasive. 

What do you think the extra 2 bits will give you that you won't get out of the camera already? 

1 hour ago, anonim said:

Thanks for comment. Well, I don't know, I've just exploring examples and forwarded it. Obviously, mr Hüseyin Taskin love its look of, I'd say, muted gamma and less contrasty image without any loss of greatly resolve details. Maybe somebody else also find it interesting and make some more conclusion...

I appreciate the videso. Thank you. Good to see some log footage out there. 

46 minutes ago, Alt Shoo said:

The xh1 is the first time I’ve ever considered buying a Fuji, but because it’s only 8bit I won’t get it. Everything for video is pretty awesome, especially the Eterna film simulation, however that 8 bit codec is just not persuasive. 

Don't be so pessimist : ) Non-intra 200mbps should be enough to overcome eventual weak bit depth issues... :-)

The same reason why creators and broadcasters prefer 10 bit is the reason why I won’t purchase this and yes I’m genuinely interested with this camera. This “shit posting” is an opinion of mine that I’m expressing. The camera is impressive but that’s my perspective of things. 

1 hour ago, Alt Shoo said:

The same reason why creators and broadcasters prefer 10 bit is the reason why I won’t purchase this and yes I’m genuinely interested with this camera. This “shit posting” is an opinion of mine that I’m expressing. The camera is impressive but that’s my perspective of things. 

Yes and what is that reason? Genuine question.  The canon 1dc does 8 bit after all. I see the other thread everyone ranting and raving about its image quality. 

@Alt Shoo - "The xh1 is the first time I’ve ever considered buying a Fuji, but because it’s only 8bit I won’t get it."

Sorry - Again and again the same Schmarrn with the 8bit-10bit.

I'm quite Yurolov view - and this list (1DC) could be extended to some cameras!

No disrespect to those who prefer using 8 bit because I have a few 8 bit tools myself, but as an individual with goals to have any future media I create on broadcast networks, I will adhere to their standards. Now for any personal projects or for vlogging, then I’ll consider something within these specifications. 

“Experts” on YouTube can run their tests, which are cool, but the fact remains these aren’t the requirements for any serious and aspiring professional in this industry. Sure there are the few talented souls that are making a living with modest setups and that’s inspiring, but that’s not the normal thing. 

These are my opinions based on the facts of the matter. If this offends you, that is your own creation because my intent was not to disrespect or belittle anyone. I came to express a thought that is based on facts about 8 bits vs 10 bits. Regarding the Fuji XH1 it’ll be an awesome tool for stills, however regardless of their advances for video, this camera just won’t cut it ‘for me’. 

57 minutes ago, Alt Shoo said:

“Experts” on YouTube can run their tests, which are cool, but the fact remains these aren’t the requirements for any serious and aspiring professional in this industry. Sure there are the few talented souls that are making a living with modest setups and that’s inspiring, but that’s not the normal thing. 

No offense but this is BS. There are a lot more than a few people making money with 8-bit cameras. From YouTubers, to wedding/corporate/commercial videographers, R&G, indie film etc.. one could argue 8-bit is "the normal thing".

Not sure what you consider the "industry" but there is now a whole new digital platform outside of broadcast television that doesn't care about any old "standards". (which btw is what.. BBC/EBU standards?)

Even cinema doesn't really care.. Soderbergh's next movie was shot entirely on iPhone 7+ and just premiered at Berlin Film festival last month..

Anyways i sense trolling.. because we all know only a single mirrorless/dslr camera exists on the market today that shoots 10-bit internally.  

So.. just get that or pony up for a pro video cam. Easy.

1 hour ago, Alt Shoo said:

No disrespect to those who prefer using 8 bit because I have a few 8 bit tools myself, but as an individual with goals to have any future media I create on broadcast networks, I will adhere to their standards. Now for any personal projects or for vlogging, then I’ll consider something within these specifications. 

These are my opinions based on the facts of the matter. If this offends you, that is your own creation because my intent was not to disrespect or belittle anyone. I came to express a thought that is based on facts about 8 bits vs 10 bits. Regarding the Fuji XH1 it’ll be an awesome tool for stills, however regardless of their advances for video, this camera just won’t cut it ‘for me’. 

interesting. You have been asked, what your problem with 8bit recording is, but instead of answering it, you just repeat the same stuff over and over again. My X-H1 should be here tomorrow, if anyone is interested in some details PM me, won't write in this thread anymore, it got way out of hand.