Fuji X-H1. IBIS, Phase Detect 4K beast?

Dave Maze

• Super Members
4 minutes ago, anonim said:

Matias, don't be such twofaced man - you have fully week to answer and said it was not slightly or more threatened words. It is obvious that you tried, even with PM to involved me in your conflict with someone else. Now you note someone's trying to involve you.

Please stop. You have posted the PMs. Everyone can make up their own mind if they look threatening or not. No need to keep talking to me.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
23 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Let's moderate the tone of accusations addressed to each other, OK?

Emanuel, really? Also, I have no problem with your direct accusation or my indirect as answer - all of that is not at all, I'd say, serious. I have no really problem if someone send me personal message slandering other members or using quasipolite words of threatening, imagining that I'm buddy of bad guy ... But I have problem when going-and-returning person, who send such messages, above all of that keeps trying to present himself as innocent/objective ruler. Why I have a problem, why I stay in the thread... I wrote earlier answering to one of the polite member and some of his remarks about character of world where his son has to live.

34 minutes ago, anonim said:

Emanuel, really? Also, I have no problem with your direct accusation or my indirect as answer - all of that is not at all, I'd say, serious. I have no really problem if someone send me personal message slandering other members or using quasipolite words of threatening, imagining that I'm buddy of bad guy ... But I have problem when going-and-returning person, who send such messages, above all of that keeps trying to present himself as innocent/objective ruler. Why I have a problem, why I stay in the thread... I wrote earlier answering to one of polite member and some of his remarks about character of world where his son have to live.

People are not perfect, mate. I wish we could : D Well, that would be much of a boring world, I believe :-D

When I mention 'indirect invectives', you know very well why : ) Your posting is above the line. I mean it seriously. Your background shows a much higher education than the average here or anywhere else. So it is natural you retain the profile of other posters in a different way than others. But this applies for your provocations as well. It is a double-edged sword. The same for the use of a non-native language in our written expression mode. For example, "invective" in my mother tongue has a much lighter meaning. This will produce misunderstandings between people at distance behind a keyboard and a mouse. I know this would be much different face to face in the real world. So we need to make an effort trying to mimic it here. To refrain ourselves of a dangerous vibe to send indirect messages which can hurt some other party. Egos must also be under control. Even because they don't pass indiscreet to the eyes of a smart reader and we are all clever interpreters here, ain't we? :-)

21 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

People are not perfect, mate. I wish we could : D Well, that would be much of a boring world, I believe :-D

When I mention 'indirect invectives', you know very well why : ) Your posting is above the line. I mean it seriously. Your background shows a much higher education than the average here or anywhere else. So it is natural you retain the profile of other posters in a different way than others. But this applies for your provocations as well. It is a double-edged sword. The same for the use of a non-native language in our written expression mode. For example, "invective" in my mother tongue has a much lighter meaning. This will produce misunderstandings between people at distance behind a keyboard and a mouse. I know this would be much different face to face in the real world. So we need to make an effort trying to mimic it here. To refrain ourselves of a dangerous vibe to send indirect messages which can hurt some other party. Egos must also be under control. Even because they don't pass indiscreet to the eyes of a smart reader and we are all clever interpreters here, ain't we? :-)

Yes, now you sound - at least to my ear and mind - as Really the best Emanuel to whom I already send question, and I'll do it again: Really... about those notion as Ego, оr pseudo-authoritative judges or first-provocatеurs (conscious ор unconscious) who has to count that someone, sometimes, is willing to answer to quasi-polite opinion-pressure aimed to feed vanity.

7 minutes ago, Tim Sewell said:

@BTM_Pix wins the internet for today. This one's going to run and run.

View outside my window this morning as I prepared to open the thread:

Allow me to try and offer something meaningful to all of us (and nice to hear also) from my side...

Context is also crucial when not critical especially when we don't give the necessary care for the context indeed. We are going 'to misquote' misplacing the meaning to begin with. Is that a good service?

Usually, I tend to avoid quoting less than entire paragraphs when it is possible to see there was a purpose behind the formulation of the whole unit of it. Respecting the source, not misleading myself or others under the risk to end misinterpreted.

People have so many aspects to consider, so we can push for the best to fit us or our needs. Avoiding the part we really can put to rest. As previously already written, there's no perfection no matter the place we are. Without mention, we'll never please everyone or every sides of the equation. So many sides we have.

Of course bugs and bad testing is not acceptable. I can easily name plenty of things which I think suck and should be improved on my X-Pro 2.

I think the list that jonpais wrote now in his last post was constructive. The earlier repeated posting about how the manual controls are not right is ok to say once but when it’s repeated again and again it can be perceived as flaming. I mean I wouldn’t post repeatedly in a GH5 thread how the camera is broken because it doesn’t have an aperture ring.

Ergonomics are subjective.

Therefore a variety of designs is a good thing. 

One of the things I’m most excited about in the XH1 is the option of linear manual focus. Finally. The other is the supposedly shortened lag when the camera switches between finder and screen. I find this intolerable and therefore mostly have my camera set to “viewfinder only”.

@Mattias Burling I really wonder how I was part of that conversation, and If I have any rights to be offended, by you, PM-ing people calling names on me?!?!

At least, my "fanboism" ( I wonder to whom? To a dead as a Dodo camera system? Even your "accusation" is ridiculous) is happening in front of everyone and not behind personal messages and firewalls.

This is a sad story written by a sad individual.

I would say we need a new Fuji X-H1 thread, about that said camera, and not people's psychological issues. The camera will be out soon and we do not need all this white noise.

• Super Members
30 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

@Mattias Burling I really wonder how I was part of that conversation.

Look back in the threads and you will find it, I said it to your face but in a more diplomatic fashion. Like I said in that PM, I stand by my words. You where a complete fanboy and you ridiculed anyone that didn't blindly follow your views. I have not changed my mind about this. 

And I agree, a new thread without this fanboy trolling from left and right, trying to flame people to stay in a dead conversation.. its just a mess.

1 hour ago, Castorp said:

I think the list that jonpais wrote now in his last post was constructive. The earlier repeated posting about how the manual controls are not right is ok to say once but when it’s repeated again and again it can be perceived as flaming. I mean I wouldn’t post repeatedly in a GH5 thread how the camera is broken because it doesn’t have an aperture ring.

Ergonomics are subjective.

my point exactly, however, i am not sure the list was that constructive at all... as yet again he berates Fuji ergonomics even going as far as "to encourage photographers to think about whether an aperture ring is really more efficient than a thumbwheel" which indeed should be perceived as flaming since the aperture ring (and ISO/SS dials which he also likes to complain about) are inherent core elements of the Fuji X system. the list also suggests "Fuji might have made better use of the LCD screen real estate" as I believe the LCD icons are too small for his eyesight (?), yet he disregards H1 addressing that with the new top sub-monitor giving clear settings info (even when the camera is off!) and allowing the back LCD to be clutter-free. the rest of the list "reminds", "speculates" & "alerts"... anyways, I just find it all reeks of negative bias, and has all been stated over & over which is why i called him out on that.. 

must agree this thread is definitely a dead-end mess. SMH

6 hours ago, anonim said:

How many time you will be "Out", Mattias. Ok, I'm very sensible to any sign of threatening. So lets your PM to me that I didn't ask for public:

Mattias Burling / BACK STORY

"Hey, I have no intention of getting into some lame argument with why I don't take crap from fanboys. 
But regarding your quote of what I said to Jonpais. Just thought I let you know the backstory.

He went on a rant on some guy for filming some test shots of an asian lady.
That discussion led him to ask me a question to which I replied that I found it funny since test shots of asian ladies is something he also does a lot.

He then censured the conversation, deleted posts and started sending me PMs.
I then asked him to stop sending me PMs. I didn't even care about the censorship.
He then banned me from the forum and thats why he got canned as soon as Andrew saw it. I didn't even have to tell him. 

I have chosen to take the high road and not mention anything about it to him or anybody else. But when he kept pushing and tried to start a flame war I said what I did. Now I still intend to let the matter rest. But if you also keep pushing on this subject I will eventually have to let it out.

Just a heads up since he seems to be your buddy. The other stuff is ok. I stand behind my words to Kisha since he is a fanboy who has no respect for others opinions. He thinks this is a tech forum for crying out loud."

Than Anonim / ANSWER

"

Hi Mattias, first of all I'd like to say thanks for some of instructive presentations of yours - of course, about cameras and lenses - at your youtube channel.

No, I'm not at any sort of Jon Pais buddy - it sounds so funny, because I'm far far away from Vietnam and, I'd say, even more far away from complete Jon's life background as it looks to me from forum.

"But if you also keep pushing on this subject I will eventually have to let it out."

I hope that it is not some sort of threat or prescribing - language misunderstanding wise, 'cause English is not mine and your native one? Because, if it really has some trace of threat-intention, please not use it - it is enough that you imagine yourself to hear something like that and choose a way how to react... As you, of course, know very well, sharpness and reactiveness are not unique property of nobody...

I don't know Kisaha, am I wrong that at forum topics he is one of the extremely fond - and, as most of others, sometimes very enthusiastic  -  to NX1?

(All in all, about this concrete topic and your PM - I think that there's not any necessity to be too spicy, especially to you, because you are obviously smart man... I don't know what to say more.

Maybe, BTW, because you are publicly known for me, and contrary is not the case - to litlte bit present myself. I'm actually and mostly an novel-writer with some sort of reputation which is totally unimportant - Collected works etc. - but I also sometimes make documentaries and shorts - enjoying world of colors and images... And, regarding some of your concrete coments - I have done several scientific disertations, also two from Psychology which is one of mine formal-educational background But everything of that sort is, in fact, mostly boring as deeply melted in this consumers world that I can't whithstand...)

So, please - any grain of judging tone toward myself via PM is completely needless and useless.

Sincerely admiring you nice try-and-leave suggestions about photo/video stuff - I wish you also good weekned, and I hope - very soon, presentation of new Fuji acchievement."

SO - "But if you also keep pushing on this subject I will eventually have to let it out." - I feel as attempt of subtle threating.

I really don't ask anybody to disturb me with such disgusting message. If somebody have some problems with someone else, why I have to know it and believe secret messager?

I didn't even know people PM like that. That is just sad. 

• Super Members

It was just an attempt to calm things down and explain the post he quoted so it wouldn't escalade and drag jp into it further.

Had I known he was so sensitive and would go in such a never ending flame war, post polls about other people when they don't want to debate him.. then I wouldn't have bothered. 

2 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

Look back in the threads and you will find it, I said it to your face but in a more diplomatic fashion. Like I said in that PM, I stand by my words. You where a complete fanboy and you ridiculed anyone that didn't blindly follow your views. I have not changed my mind about this. 

And I agree, a new thread without this fanboy trolling from left and right, trying to flame people to stay in a dead conversation.. its just a mess.

People expressing personal opinions are not allowed in your watch? Fanboys? Troll? Flame? Do you even know what those terms mean? Get a grip dude, you embarrass yourself more and more. There is freedom of speech, not “only Matthias should speak”.

This is not your personal bubble, and if you feel that way then definitely you do not understand the medium. I have tried to absent from this discussion (and others that you are trying to control recently) but when I see you PM people calling me names you truly disgust me.

Machinations of the lowest kind, for not even important matters from a failed student of Machiavelli. Stop referring to my name please, let me be.

• Super Members
11 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

People expressing personal opinions are not allowed in your watch? 

Yes. Thats exactly what is allowed. But you didn't live by that standard. You ridiculed people's personal opinions and tried to push your own opinions as facts. If thats not a fanboy its at least the closest thing to it in my book.

And please stop dragging me into this conversation. Im done since long ago, you made my ignore list same day as I encouraged you to use it on me. But like I said earlier, I will check in and I will react to cheap shots.