Fuji X-H1. IBIS, Phase Detect 4K beast?

Dave Maze

Just been catching up on the video clips and reviews for this camera. I think i will give it a go, i have a gh5 and my use is 60% video 40% stills. I had been thinking about picking up a seperate stills cam but this has the potential to be a better hybrid than the gh5 for me and my priorities. Im loving the general colour/tone/vibe of a lot of the footage which means more than 10 bit to me ( altho i wish it was 10 bit ).

I will pick it up before selling my gh5 just incase im wrong or change my mind. Quite excited though :)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, Prandi said:

Robin be careful with such a statement here ... it could be that many GH5 fanboys attack you now :-)

@anonim
your post is: e) pathetic

Maybe, but it was clearly option a) ....in my offer... So something inside or outside obviously prevent you to accomplish proper reading of 4 lines... I suspect, it was pressure of excitement, some extraordinary thrilling mood - I think, rush to show us how high you can be in production of original witty answers.

Because, besides of look and value in your own eyes, pretend-warning and original appeal to Robin - "It could be that many GH5 fanboys attack you now" - is what

a) humorous for your and someone other's taste

b) humiliating for GH5 fanboys

c) example of non-fanboys attitude

c) little bit or simply stupid

These guys deserve our best fanboism, I must confess, I love Fuji!

My deep fanboism syndrome says to you to take a look on that really basic macro shot on 0:46 in the next clip below... Others can do it but it is like Oreo or BMW, there's similar but no other's the same :-)

We all know there are better acquisition devices with extra features, one of them my beloved GH5 with 4K/60p or internal 10-bit 4:2:2 when not for fast frame rates, but I am still in love for any picture from any Fuji camera. I wish all camera manufacturers may give us their outcome look. Or maybe not. Because we couldn't be here to praise their superior (let's go all on to forbid pure reality made by 8-bit imagerie) color science :-D

Just been catching up on the video clips and reviews for this camera. I think i will give it a go, i have a gh5 and my use is 60% video 40% stills. I had been thinking about picking up a seperate stills cam but this has the potential to be a better hybrid than the gh5 for me and my priorities. Im loving the general colour/tone/vibe of a lot of the footage which means more than 10 bit to me ( altho i wish it was 10 bit ).

I will pick it up before selling my gh5 just incase im wrong or change my mind. Quite excited though :)

In a bit more serious footnote now: don't worry too much on 8-bit when you have a superior bit rate to reach enough standard to mimic or alternate the real world out there within certain variables under control :-)

40 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Some materials here I like the most, but - strangely, am I wrong or indeed there is discrepancy between shots regarding dynamic range - some of them (like interior interview) are gorgeous, some so-so for my eyes. Is it (ethic) rule that promoting clips that include shots with actual camera as physical object has to be recorded with that camera (especially if titled is associate with photography)?

2 minutes ago, anonim said:

Some materials here I like the most, but - strangely, am I wrong or indeed there is discrepancy between shots regarding dynamic range - some of them (like interior interview) are gorgeous, some so-so for my eyes. Is it (ethic) rule that promoting clips that include shots with actual camera as physical object has to be recorded with that camera (especially if titled is associate with photography)?

I guess all footage there is shot on the model to advertise, no other makes much sense to me or everyone when there's a professional product to promote, isn't it? 

I don't know. Maybe if model is advertised as photo tool it is not the obligation. Actually, my question/suspicion has sense only if there are really some not-so-unnoticable differences between shots - or it is just my hallucination... (Clothes show more and less details, plants/stones or skin tones sometimes are finely texturised sometimes severely smoothed, the same with level of color gradation, etc.)

For example - look at the skin tone at girl's nake hand and sky details between shot at 1.44 and 1:53 - much more, actually skin texture is seen at 1:53, not in 1:44, where even sky is clipped. Also global look at 1:44 is (obviously?) rough compare to that subtle at 1:53... just one example, there are more similar, I think.

it says „Filmed on FUJIFILM X-H1“ 

It feels, like most of those Fuji X Photographers got 2 copies of the camera. One to shoot and one to film it. Sith limited time and most of them being photographers and not film makers I am honestly impressed, that there are even some good looking videos coming out. Fuji should really think about limiting the quantity and go for more quality of promo videos,

15 minutes ago, frontfocus said:

it says „Filmed on FUJIFILM X-H1“ 

It feels, like most of those Fuji X Photographers got 2 copies of the camera. One to shoot and one to film it. Sith limited time and most of them being photographers and not film makers I am honestly impressed, that there are even some good looking videos coming out. Fuji should really think about limiting the quantity and go for more quality of promo videos,

Maybe that also that I've not payed attention if differences are made but usage of different frame rate... Or different lenses in woman's and shooters copy of camera... Anyway, some shots here, I'd say, are so seductive as series of so superior, immediately-catching attractive photos.

4 hours ago, jonpais said:

The X-H1 isn’t even competing with the GH5, so I don’t know what the fanboy comment was all about. 

really? come on now just about every single post of yours in this thread has been about the H1's shortcomings and how vastly superior the GH5 is to your eyes (including multiple H1 vs GH5 screenshots) ? also how do you explain several people in this thread stating their desire to switch systems from GH5 to H1, if they aren't competing?

i'm sorry but it certainly feels like some of the posters here are eager to put down this not even released product in an effort to justify their own gear purchases..

meanwhile, in the real world, the H1 reached top 10 position on amazon's best mirrorless sellers on pre-orders alone (while GH5S bottoms at +50th): 

2ep28eg.png

i'm pretty sure Fuji have a hit on their hands, no matter what the so-called pundits in here may want to make people believe..

@Django

I think that you don't understand @jonpais in quoted sentence - it was ironic comment on some of the previous posts in which was claimed - by obvious admirer - that X-H1 is not aimed to the professional video shooters. In fact, Jon explicitly quoted man from Fuji correcting such claim. Actually for the sake of the truth, Jon several times informed us of purchasing Fuji mount for his Veydra, preparing possible acquisition of X-H1.

Also, participating actively in this thread, I really can not see many or even any primitive and childish intention as "eager to put down this not even released product in an effort to justify their own gear purchases." But I've read many very immediately offensive and openly  shut-up comments from owner of Fuji camera, or from somebody who has intention to buy, or already bought, this camera - as so that these persons have some special privilege in commenting it, as if someone prescribe that in this thread camera has to be praised and favorised.

I simply don't like to be forced to be silence, don't feel good in presence  of anybody's pretension of higher knowledge, authority and right to more respectability, and equally don't like to see someone else being insulted or forced to be silence. Being this one pundit or some unchained movie hero.

Personally, I'm interested to maybe change system for better - but I have to think with my own head, to ask and search and compare. Nothing wrong with it - we are not neither Fuji's nor Panasonic's nor Canon's nor Sony's sheep. At least I think so.