Fuji X-H1. IBIS, Phase Detect 4K beast?

Dave Maze

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
4 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Do you Have to give the stuff back?

It varies. I have only once asked to borrow a camera (LS300) and of course gave it back. A couple of Lumia phones I reviewed where loaners.

The two cranes (I declined reviewing more than two models) they never asked to get back.

I only review things I genuinely think are good so I have had things sent to me that aren't good enough to be reviewed. Sometimes they want it back and sometimes I never hear from them again.

I probably could get a lot of stuff to review if I asked but its so boring and I have a real job. Thats why my reviews are mostly positive. Its stuff I've researched and then bought with my own money. And even then its nit certain that I will review it.

On 2/24/2018 at 6:58 AM, Mattias Burling said:

Im gonna show this here as well (will be dropping it in a Canon thread also).
I did a poll where I listed 5 specs and asked people what was the most important to them.
864 votes so far.

And the winning spec is something Fuji does very well imo. So there definitely is a lot of appeal to the crowd out there in the non forum world.

poll_yt.thumb.png.8bf3ed5f595a8ed110bcda53b85fd2be.png

I wonder if people out there are aware about what some features like 'Dynamic Range' mean... : D

In any case, as just posted in another thread, reliability (my 1st option ever to begin with) cannot be in the same line with ergonomics (such subjective thing) because they are quite distinct aspects to consider so this will obviously lead to somehow other poll results:

On the other hand, the weight of preferences must also be evaluated for the reading to take from here, that is:

When we set an option as ours, this doesn't mean we don't praise some other else in a similar or close way, so multiple choice for more than one option must be taken as valuable path.

If not, for certain polls, the results can end rather distorted when some variables ain't taken in consideration.

Even because reliability can be my very own 1st specs list pick-up item but this doesn't mean when this is already guaranteed, other features may not be much more relevant to me.

It is unlikely we are looking for a 2nd pizza if we already finished a 1st one. Dessert will apply then as next step. Go figure the first thing to ask in a Pizzeria would be the dolce... LOL

The same way people often have children as second level ; ) on their lives to follow the 1st row when having met the best 2nd half.

And so on. No billionaire will be worried with millions anymore after to have completed the 1st billion or at least we expect or think so ;-)

When reliability is basis for. Common to all or most part of the players, we can discuss the leftover.

Even though not everyone is going after the same for some other needs. As for instance, no special reliability is needed for a crash cam... :-D

• Super Members
39 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

I wonder if people out there are aware about what some features like 'Dynamic Range' mean... : D

They do. My subscribers are all camera nerds like me. So they definitely know.

(Ps. I dont agree with separation of build and ergonomics. And all of the things are subjective. It doesn't affect the poll.)

6 minutes ago, Inazuma said:

http://camerasize.com/compact/#698,772,ha,t

They're about the same size. GH5 is slightly heavier by 50 grams. 

Thanks. For all the good things I have ever say about the GH5 the camera is very heavy and "deep", that spoils a bit its ergonomics and usability.

For good measures(sic) http://camerasize.com/compact/#572,772,698,ga,b

Check the perfect position of the thumb wheel on the NX1. 123gr less than the Fuji and smaller bezels!

12 minutes ago, Mattias Burling said:

They do. My subscribers are all camera nerds like me. So they definitely know.

(Ps. I dont agree with separation of build and ergonomics. And all of the things are subjective. It doesn't affect the poll.)

So despite the initial text posted, we ain't speaking about crowd then... ; ) What distinguishes them from the forum crowd here (inferred from that "in the non forum world", as written) ? ;-)

Each one is entitled to his/her own opinion, correct. This doesn't mean the opinion is accurate though... :-)

10 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

Thanks. For all the good things I have ever say about the GH5 the camera is very heavy and "deep", that spoils a bit its ergonomics and usability.

For good measures(sic) http://camerasize.com/compact/#572,772,698,ga,b

Check the perfect position of the thumb wheel on the NX1. 123gr less than the Fuji and smaller bezels!

Haha I don't know what your objective in this thread is really.. Are you trying to pull everyone to buying an NX1? Since the camera is several years old, I reckon many readers have already considered it and skipped past it (or tried it already).

The NX1 is actually 550g without battery (http://www.samsung.com/uk/cameras/nx1-16-50mm-premium-s-lens/). The battery is 80g http://www.samsung.com/au/camera-accessories/nx-battery-bp1900/ which brings the total to 630g, so still less than the Fuji but not 123g less ;) 

5 minutes ago, Inazuma said:

Haha I don't know what your objective in this thread is really.. (...) ;) 

Apart any controversy in particular, you're right on the spot with this one... LOL Neat crazy thread, this one! : ) From now on, every truth fits because of democratic opinions : D A new scientific method is born... the democratic method to have (or make? hehe) science! :-) 

• Super Members
30 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

So despite the initial text posted, we ain't speaking about crowd then... ; ) What distinguishes them from the forum crowd here (inferred from that "in the non forum world", as written) ? ;-)

Each one is entitled to his/her own opinion, correct. This doesn't mean the opinion is accurate though... :-)

You don't see a difference between a camera enthusiast that like to watch photo/video related videos and someone who spends time on a forum? Ok then..

There are no accurate opinions. Only fascists believe so ;)

34 minutes ago, Mattias Burling said:

You don't see a difference between a camera enthusiast that like to watch photo/video related videos and someone who spends time on a forum? Ok then..

There are no accurate opinions. Only fascists believe so ;)

Math is not opinion. Neither science is democracy.

And fascists... you said? Oh, fascists are a dirty class we need to avoid from the most inner part of ourselves. Even those who feel above the line in disguise of decent people. When their attitude (that's the clue!) shows something much different ;-)

About that one addressed to me now? ; ) Let's go: I don't see much difference between your fan basis there on YT and in this forum to be sincere with you. I'm sorry to have to tell you here responding you now that I follow your posts on both for longer than you tend to guess :-)

• Super Members

Ok then lets hear it. Scientifically speaking, what is the nr1 spec that all types of photographers must take into consideration first to escape ridicule from you?

Here I thought it varied between styles. Like for example a landscaper would put resolution over AF. But I guess I was wrong.

So please enlighten me. What is the correct and accurate opinion? Which is the spec that all people in the world must put first?

And while you are in the lab, what is the correct flavor of ice cream that the entire world find tastiest according to science? ;)

I think I will enjoy my Sunday now. And I think I will skip this thread until some people who actually have the camera can try to get it back on course .

(Btw, you dont know squat about my YT followers, but I do..)

11 minutes ago, Mattias Burling said:

Ok then lets hear it. Scientifically speaking, what is the nr1 spec that all types of photographers must take into consideration first to escape ridicule from you?

Here I thought it varied between styles. Like for example a landscaper would put resolution over AF. But I guess I was wrong.

So please enlighten me. What is the correct and accurate opinion? Which is the spec that all people in the world must put first?

And while you are in the lab, what is the correct flavor of ice cream that the entire world find tastiest according to science? ;)

I think I will enjoy my Sunday now. And I think I will skip this thread until some people who actually have the camera can try to get it back on course .

(Btw, you dont know squat about my YT followers, but I do..)

On topic, I only know what I read and think about it. To Caesar what is Caesar's. When people try to misplace science for territory of subjectivity ends in some mess as this thread now. We are not perfect. But the most perfect method is the scientific method indeed. Certain conclusions are not evidences though. Neither polls. Democracy doesn't apply for everything. Knowledge is not a democratic system. I wish. The world would be much more simple as it is. Reality too.

Sorry to say and I apologize, but after reading last contributions to thread, my first idea for next poll question is

Do you think that formulation (regarding all participation so far) as "I think I will enjoy my Sunday now. And I think I will skip this thread until some people who actually have the camera can try to get it back on course." is more

a) pathetic

b) theatral

c) arrogant

d) just pure opinion that doesn't mean anything else...